“Not worth for money!”

Ranked #564 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Malacca
“Not worth for money!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Booked a airport pick up with hotel online reservation, due to we arrived in the late night with old folks and infant, therefore I had make a call from KLIA before board into flight to double check on my pick up service. But, I was told by Receptionist there is no my booking for the pick up, argued with him about the pick up as I had received confirmation from the Hotel about the pick up. He keep hold my phone and check with his Senior but in the end he still insisted me to take my own van from the airport. I requested him to send the van to pick me up and I will show my confirmation from the Hotel once arrived, but it is very disappointing me that he still insisted me to find my own van and he cant arrange the pick up without I show him the confirmation. That time it was damn agree with him and he had gave me a contact for the van service. When I call to the driver, it was surprising me that the driver got my booking and can read my name and flight details clearly. Thanks god!

During check in the Hotel, Receptionist took so much time to fill in my details and that time already in the midnight. About her not sure, she go to wake up a Senior Receptionist which is slept in the office behind the Reception Counter. Really a bad service from him which is with his sleepy eyes. After got the key, we have to carry the luggage and baby stroller up to the stair to take the elevator. It was so inconvenient for the old folks and infant. The elevator is so small. After get out from the elevator, we need to carry again our heavy luggage and baby stroller and walk down the staircase to our room. It was so tired to check in a Hotel.

The room was not spacious as shown in the website. The room really is an average. Big room but need to be renovated especially the bathroom. We have booked 1 double room at 1200Baht with breakfast and 1 triple room at 2000baht with breakfast. But, I got twin room instead of double room and we need to joined the bed by ourselves in order to sleep with 2Adults and 1Infant. We also lazy to get the Receptionist to change the room as the time already midnight.

The next morning when come to boil water to prepare milk for my baby, the kettle was not functioning. But, very fast the housekeeping change it with the new 1. The breakfast is ok and acceptable. After that, we encountered a problem with the door lock. The Hotel is still using the key instead of key card. We need to lock the door before close the door, then we close the door the lock automatically unlocked. After that we call to the maintenance and we get fast assistance from the maintenance.

On the last day, when I was waiting for the bellman for check out outside my room, the housekeeping come to check the room. Then she show her anger to me that so many empty mineral water bottle on the dressing table and she throw on the floor, when get out the room she closed the door hardly. What a service this housekeeper trying to give me???

Room Tip: There was many new budget/ boutique hotel nearby, this Hotel really not worth to stay. Not friendly...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank M_Liew
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 March 2012

good location for shopping but overall it is an average hotel.

Rooms need to be renovated. Lobby was ok but floor corridors can be lit better.

Another thing is that the elevator is being shared by two floors. So it might be a task if you have a heavy luggage and shopping bags.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Overall i will say its value for money if you are on budget. But if you do not mind to pay $15 extra then DON'T STAY HERE

Con:
The walk way and rooms are abit dim (But ask for the Pink color theme room as it will looks brighter).Their rooms r clean but really needs to change their carpet as it is damp and feels slimy (its no big deal if u wear yr slipper thru out) It's my 2nd time staying there within a year and i totally agree that the older lady at the reception seriously needs to be replace as she is very rude & does not bother to check my enquiry on any available room for early check-in. Please give her an intensive traning if the hotels wants to keep her and oso please constantly remind her that she is not the customer (WE ARE). Their check-in time is strictly 2pm even thou they have availables room, i reach at abt 10plus in the morning and request to hv early check-in if they hv availale room and the hotel wanted to charge me 500baht (for a 4hrs earlier, its ridiculous becos 1 nite stay is oni at 1000baht). Everytime walking to & fro platinum u hv to pass thur his very conjested pratunam (can be very irritating). Not much food to eat around that area unless u do not mind the roadside stall.

Pro:
They provide buggy service to bring u to the Airport railway station. Location is good if u like shopping at platinium & pratunam market (hv really very cheap things at nt bad quality). Frees mini van to bring u to Siam every hour. Last but not least their cheap rate direct booking from their hotel website @ 1000baht/nite (include all taxes)

Will try others more modern and clean hotel the nxt trip

Room Tip: Ask for a pink color theme room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chrisy33
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Con:

Pro:

Will try others more modern and clean hotel the nxt trip

Room Tip: Ask for the Pink color theme room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

A very bad impression in this hotel was the staff in lobby front desk.. its really disappointed.
We have 5 of us as friends trip, and we stayed here for 3 days.
We decided 3 among of us share in 1 room.
but when they told us that extra person have to pay extra charge, I felt threatened when they talk to me. Its really scary! their face and expression were really horrible.! At the end we paid for the extra. and the extra wasn't worth it as they charge quite expensive and get being threatened.
But the other day of staffs was okay. Just the first day's staff was horrible.

when arrive to the room, extra bed wasn't prepared until they prepare in front of us. As they should ask us to wait at the lobby maybe.
And another thing is, they don't even have an open-able window in the room, as they block the view of the window. What is the point of having this window in the room?
This hotel is just beside the old train railway, whenever the train was pass by, the noise was very irritated even at night.
My suggestion is, what i paid to this hotel, is enough for me to stay in star- rated hotel in bangkok. So, in conclusion, not worth it when u in a budget trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AllyYee

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels