“Back Again for More ....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fraser Suites Sukhumvit

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
Ranked #92 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Kl
“Back Again for More ....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I've stayed three times previously at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and like the spaciousness of the apartments, location and price.

This time, for Easter weekend, I found an internet deal that gave us three nights in a Premier Apartment at a very reasonable price but on arrival (11:30) found the apartment not ready (understandable as check-out is noon) and we were invited invited to sit in the lobby 'for an hour or two' whilst the room was readied. We declined and headed for lunch at the Chillie CultureThai restaurant down the road.

When we did complete the check-in process later, we discovered that the deal did not include wi-fi and normal amenities such as slippers and tooth brushes. So, take Premier to mean size and not necessarily quality. In these days of avoiding carrying liquids in carry-on baggage,useful things like tooth brushes and toothpaste are an expectation. We paid extra to have wifi (B300 a day) and having complained about the very poor wifi reception in the apartment, we were provided with an individual router in the suite. The "anything" service number also provided toothbrush kits (having said initially they don't have any) + slippers at no additional cost.

The house keeping was immaculate, the staff on the whole charming, good value accommodation and all of this right in the heart of very alive Sukhumvit. A connection lead for iPod to the apartment stereo was provided on request.

Next time in Bangkok, I may just give it another go and exercise more advance "what's included in the deal" diligence next time around.

Room Tip: Just check what is and what is not included before committing. Having stayed in different Fraser Sui...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wotney
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Wotney,

Thank you for you feedback on your most recent stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms, location, price, and housekeeping service. The housekeeping department was delighted when they read your comment.

However, I am sorry to hear you had to wait a bit for your room. Check in is at 2pm but we try our best to get you in your room before this if at all possible. We do provide slippers on request along with toothbrushes. I am glad you found the “anything” service number and they were able to assist your with your needs.

We do provide land cable connection as well as wi fi but most of our guest prefer the wi fi because of all the new technology like IPads and IPhones, however they do not always work as well as laptops have much stronger signals. Therefore, we try to assist with another router nearer to your device.

Please feel free to email us before your next booking with any pre requested items you may need so we can have them ready for you upon check in. On behalf of the team we look forward to welcoming you again to Fraser Suites Sukhumvit. This time you will have to try our new rooftop bar and restaurant called the Above Eleven, which over looks Bangkok on the 33rd floor.

Derrick Gooch
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Fraser Suites Sukhumvit is very conveniently located to Bumrungrad Hospital and all the shopping along Sukhumvit Road. The Skytrain makes it cheap and easy to get around especially when the roads are jammed and taxis are more expensive.

The hotel suites are large, with a nice lounge room and big bedrooms, and a functional kitchen. The beds are soft and comfortable, but there were some bugs under our bed which we asked to be exterminated. No problem with the service, four men came to do the job!

The breakfast was tasty and the happy staff made staying at this hotel very good.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear GolfahoicCanberra,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Fraser Suites is excellent value for money. There are studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments. The rooms are well maintained and spotless. Each suite has a full kitchen and washer/dryer. They are bright and cheery so staying there for an extended period of time will be very pleasant.

The beds are super comfortable and they have a choice of firm and soft pillows for you to choose from. It's always a very good sign of the quality when you are reluctant to get out of bed in the morning.

The staff is friendly and attentive.

There is a 24 hour gym and a lovely pool on the 5th floor. The restaurant is also on the 5th floor and has a good menu and the quality of the food is good.

This is my 5th stay there and have noticed little improvements made by the owners and the biggest new addition to the property will be a roof top bar which is currently under construction. I got a preview a few nights ago when I ran into the owner who took me up for a short preview. It has a great view of Bangkok and perhaps the best feature is the cool breeze blowing though.

I love this property and always look forward to staying there.

Room Tip: It's all good!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank birdiesg
Dear Birdiesg,

I’m pleased to hear that our products and services met your expectations. Your kind appreciation encourages our team members to continue strive for excellence.

We are happy you could see some of the added changes we have made to the property and working hard to make it the best spot on soi 11. Especially the newest addition, which is opening, soon called the Above Eleven. This rooftop experience has stunning views of the city not to mention Peruvian Cuisine with that of Japanese Cuisine in Peru which produces a totally new cuisine called ‘ Nikkei.” We hope to see you back again the next time you come to Bangkok.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Last time I visited the wifi needed some work: now it's brilliant leaving me with absolutlely nothing bad to say about this place.

I love it.

It is on the heart of the heart of Bangkok: Soi 11 but far enough down the Soi to be a great retreat from it.

The rooms are great and the beds are super comfortable, but for me (a pool nut) the pool is an oustanding feature at this property.

The staff are superb: they are happy to help with all requests and are professional enough to let you enjoy the peace and quiet.

There is a bar about to open on the top floor which looks amazing, so I look forward to a my next trip to Bangkok and staying here again.

Well done Fraser Suites!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Phat_Tony
Dear Phat_Tony,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and the Wi Fi was spot on this time. If at anytime you come and Wi Fi troubles you just let us know and our IT department will have it fixed ASAP.

Deer Park, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

"Welcome home sir!" This is how I was greeted when I came back from a quick trip down to Phuket after having stayed there off and on for the 2 weeks prior. As soon as I walk in, everyone at the front desk recognized me... I was offered a cold towel and cold earl gray tea... perfect beings that it was hot outside. I didnt bother to reserve a room, didnt think I'd need to. Was told the normal Superior room that I get wasnt available... I was really upset that I wasnt going to be able to spend my last night in Thailand at my favorite hotel. Then she told me she had a Premier room available that she'd give me for a Superior price... since I had stayed there so often for the past few weeks.

Little things like that.... price was just fine... room was great... washer/dryer in the room was easy to operate... breakfast was tasty.... staff was always nice and helpful... food was good at the restaurant on the 5th floor... LOVE THE SHOWER!!!... only thing I wish I could have experienced was the new bar that they intend on opening on the roof in March!

Great stay!

Room Tip: You just cant go wrong with whatever you get here! Every room I ever had was perfect!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Robot_Jon
Dear Robot_Jon,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit. I have shared your review with our front desk and they were happy to assist. We always try and make our guests feel at home. Your right, we are opening our Above Eleven rooftop very soon.