“Very good value hotel suite” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fraser Suites Sukhumvit

Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
Ranked #96 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Very good value hotel suite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Fraser Suites Sukhumvit is very conveniently located to Bumrungrad Hospital and all the shopping along Sukhumvit Road. The Skytrain makes it cheap and easy to get around especially when the roads are jammed and taxis are more expensive.

The hotel suites are large, with a nice lounge room and big bedrooms, and a functional kitchen. The beds are soft and comfortable, but there were some bugs under our bed which we asked to be exterminated. No problem with the service, four men came to do the job!

The breakfast was tasty and the happy staff made staying at this hotel very good.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear GolfahoicCanberra,

Derrick Gooch
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Fraser Suites is excellent value for money. There are studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments. The rooms are well maintained and spotless. Each suite has a full kitchen and washer/dryer. They are bright and cheery so staying there for an extended period of time will be very pleasant.

The beds are super comfortable and they have a choice of firm and soft pillows for you to choose from. It's always a very good sign of the quality when you are reluctant to get out of bed in the morning.

The staff is friendly and attentive.

There is a 24 hour gym and a lovely pool on the 5th floor. The restaurant is also on the 5th floor and has a good menu and the quality of the food is good.

This is my 5th stay there and have noticed little improvements made by the owners and the biggest new addition to the property will be a roof top bar which is currently under construction. I got a preview a few nights ago when I ran into the owner who took me up for a short preview. It has a great view of Bangkok and perhaps the best feature is the cool breeze blowing though.

I love this property and always look forward to staying there.

Room Tip: It's all good!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank birdiesg
Dear Birdiesg,

I’m pleased to hear that our products and services met your expectations. Your kind appreciation encourages our team members to continue strive for excellence.

We are happy you could see some of the added changes we have made to the property and working hard to make it the best spot on soi 11. Especially the newest addition, which is opening, soon called the Above Eleven. This rooftop experience has stunning views of the city not to mention Peruvian Cuisine with that of Japanese Cuisine in Peru which produces a totally new cuisine called ‘ Nikkei.” We hope to see you back again the next time you come to Bangkok.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Last time I visited the wifi needed some work: now it's brilliant leaving me with absolutlely nothing bad to say about this place.

I love it.

It is on the heart of the heart of Bangkok: Soi 11 but far enough down the Soi to be a great retreat from it.

The rooms are great and the beds are super comfortable, but for me (a pool nut) the pool is an oustanding feature at this property.

The staff are superb: they are happy to help with all requests and are professional enough to let you enjoy the peace and quiet.

There is a bar about to open on the top floor which looks amazing, so I look forward to a my next trip to Bangkok and staying here again.

Well done Fraser Suites!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Phat_Tony
Dear Phat_Tony,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit and the Wi Fi was spot on this time. If at anytime you come and Wi Fi troubles you just let us know and our IT department will have it fixed ASAP.

Deer Park, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

"Welcome home sir!" This is how I was greeted when I came back from a quick trip down to Phuket after having stayed there off and on for the 2 weeks prior. As soon as I walk in, everyone at the front desk recognized me... I was offered a cold towel and cold earl gray tea... perfect beings that it was hot outside. I didnt bother to reserve a room, didnt think I'd need to. Was told the normal Superior room that I get wasnt available... I was really upset that I wasnt going to be able to spend my last night in Thailand at my favorite hotel. Then she told me she had a Premier room available that she'd give me for a Superior price... since I had stayed there so often for the past few weeks.

Little things like that.... price was just fine... room was great... washer/dryer in the room was easy to operate... breakfast was tasty.... staff was always nice and helpful... food was good at the restaurant on the 5th floor... LOVE THE SHOWER!!!... only thing I wish I could have experienced was the new bar that they intend on opening on the roof in March!

Great stay!

Room Tip: You just cant go wrong with whatever you get here! Every room I ever had was perfect!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Robot_Jon
Dear Robot_Jon,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit. I have shared your review with our front desk and they were happy to assist. We always try and make our guests feel at home. Your right, we are opening our Above Eleven rooftop very soon.

Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed 3 nights here - didn't really expect much, just needed a place to be based for Bangkok trips. We have stayed in BKK a few times but this place was amazing.
Firstly we asked if we could book in very early as arrived in BKK at 6am - not a problem, straight up to rooms and porter didn't ask for tip or hang around, almost had to chase him to give tip. The room was a suite, cheap deal at £68 a night with breakfast. It was massive, kitchen area with washing machine/tumble dryer (free powder) (free tea coffee & water). Large living area and flat screen tv. One of the biggest beds ever in bedroom and another flat screen tv. Really nice bathroom with huge walk in shower, big bath etc. best free soaps etc.
Location - close to sky train, Nana Station, use this to get around so cheap, really easy to use, air conned (love the heat but small respites in the city are nice), also Tuk Tuks & Taxis are getting really pushy about taking you to "nice cheap shop, you look around me charge only 20Baht" Yes becasuse you get taken to overpriced hassling clothes and jewelry shops, if you don't buy it is a problem as one instance we were droped off (kicked out) nowhere near our hotel because we hadn't bought anything so he didn't get kick back. Anyway that's nothing to do with the hotel. It's short taxi ride from Makkasan station which is direct train to sirport for less than 100baht - (taxis from airport ar 500-1000Baht), easy to find in station, single train line - no problem.
Reception staff very helpful.
Room - Brill, A SOFT MATTRESS - if you haven't experienced a Thai mattress you can't believe how a soft one is such an important thing.
Gym - enough to work off the breakfast.
Pool - small but good enough to wash away the BKK days heat & dust from sight seeing. (really please shower the dust off first)
Breakfast - best in Thailand so far (6 trips & 13 hotels and counting) Proper bread, nicely cooked food, WOW pastries and wide selection of other food.
Restaurant - good food nice service.
Many good restaurants around area.
From Front of Hotel go Left, 20m, Left 20m then right - loads of places to eat drink and end of road Nana Station.
Careful if you go straight out of hotel you end up in market area that is very muslim & indian, pushy and narky - not like Thais who are smiley and helpful.
I agree with some other comments that it is slightly tired (and that's really too strong a word to use, all hotel require tarting up after a few years).
I can't recommend this hotel enough - it has made me re-think many of my previous hotel scores - I've been over scoring slightly. Great price, great location and excellent facitities.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kiffs68
Dear Kiffs68,

Soi 11 is a great street to visit during a stay in Bangkok with so many great places to try. Please stay tuned Above Eleven our new Restaurant and bar located on the 33rd floor coming soon!