Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
US$ 80
US$ 67
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop barcharcoal restaurantbumrungrad hospitaltuk tukwashing machineserviced apartmentone bedroom apartmenthome away from homekitchen arearooms are spaciousliving roomduty managernana btslong stayindian foodexcellent staydvd player
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The room was clean, nice and fairly large for the price. Depending on what your looking to do in BKK the location could be perfect. Its near the BTS and some of the best shopping centers in BKK without haveing to deal with the "lovel ladies" of Bangkok on the way back to your room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bonk2665
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Dear Bonk2665,

Thank you for your positive feedback, as we take pride in delivering an outstanding guest experience and always wish to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you for mentioning that you enjoyed the area of Sukhumvit Soi 11 which really plays host too many great restaurants. Also, it is closely located to the BTS which can take you to all the major shopping centers Bangkok has to offer.

We look forward to servicing you again at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit next time you are in Bangkok.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

3.5 stars really.

What you make of the Fraser Suites Sukhumvit will depend on what you're in Bangkok for and whether you've stayed at other hotels in Bangkok previously. Compare it to most international hotels and it's very good value, but is it the best place to stay in Bangkok for the money? I personally don't think so.

I booked a one bedroom premier room and was allocated a room on a fairly low floor, which was surprising as most hotels place their 'premium' rooms up the upper floors with the best views. I was also placed next to a room that had a family with small children staying in it, which isn't too clever since my bedtime is obviously going to be a lot later than theirs. This is something that a good hotel would have been on top of.

The suite was huge. There was a full kitchen, complete with washing machine. A living room with sofa area, dining table and TV. Then a separate bedroom, with another TV. The bathroom had a large shower and a separate bathtub on a raised platform. So you do get a lot of space for your money, way more than you'd get in a hotel.

The room was nicely finished, with a minimal business hotel look to it. Nice touches included a couple of universal power outlets that worked with foreign plugs and a safe which also had an outlet in it so you could charge you laptop whilst it was locked away.

You can often tell how good a hotel really is by a few tests in the bathroom. Firstly, the towels. They were standard sized and cheap, feeling more like tea towels. There was also only two of them, despite all the empty bathroom storage space to accommodate more. I asked for extra towels once and was supplied them, but the following day I was back down to two again. Second is the toilet tissue, this was also cheap feeling. Thirdly, the bath. I can never understand why hotels have nice big bathtubs, but don't include bubble bath or bath salts. When I asked about it, I was told 'we don't have'. I know, but you should.

The location is ok if you're going to be spending most of your time at the bars and clubs nearby. It's certainly not a suitable area for people with young children due to all the 'red light' activity in the area. It's about 10 minutes walk to the Skytrain and the pavements aren't good, often blocked by stalls and food stands. The hotel does offer a free shuttle service though, I used this quite a few times to get near the Skytrain. You can also easily get a taxi bike from just outside the gates, which is a fun experience at night. If you're planning lots of shopping or sightseeing, it's not really the best location.

Sleep quality was fairly good, the bed was comfortable. However, the windows aren't very well soundproofed, so until things start to die down, you will get traffic and nightlife noise on the lower floors.

I booked an airport transfer at the front desk one day before my departure, but no car was there when I came downstairs to depart. They apologised for the error and got a public taxi for me which was 'better' because it was cheaper. That taxi had no seatbelts and wasn't in good condition. I should have rejected it, but was now in a hurry to get to the airport. Otherwise though, the staff was friendly and tried to be helpful during my stay.

So in short. You get a big room (or small apartment really) which is totally satisfactory, but you can get better service, facilities and location for the same sort of money elsewhere in Bangkok if you don't need quite so much space.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room with better views and less noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank viaBloomsbury

Dear viaBloomsbury,

Thank you for your valuable and detailed feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our modern and spacious rooms. As far as your other comments I have discussed many of the points with my team which I appreciate because this helps us to continue to improve upon our services.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Sukhumvit.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Our fist visit was on our honeymoon. I called hotel requesting a view-room. We were surprised when we entered. The bed and bathtub were beautifully decorated with red rose petals. They had arranged a nice 1-bedroom appt on 20th floor for us. Would love to revisit them.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacksingh00
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear AmitSingh08,

Thank you for your positive feedback, as we take pride in delivering an outstanding guest experience and always wish to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The team and I are very pleased you liked your bathroom set up. Your kind appreciation encourages us to continue to strive for excellence.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed here for a few nights in December and what a fantastic property in a fantastic neighbourhood. The suite we stayed in was beautiful and incredibly large. The rain shower was just what the doctor ordered after a 20 hour flight from Canada. Staff were very helpful in helping organize taxi's for the day as well as helping provide tips for visiting local attractions.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephyeng

Dear Stephyeng,

It’s always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback as we take pride in delivering an outstanding guest experience. I’m pleased to know that our products and services met your expectations. Your kind appreciation encourages our team members to continue strive for excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites Sukhumvit in your future travels to Bangkok.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

It has been a fun one week holiday at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit! The apartments are tasteful and well-appointed. Amenities like the swimming pool area and the gym are awesome! But most important of all is the warm and efficient staff who did the best they could to make us feel right at home. Special commendations go to Mr Ekkarat and Ms Katoon (reception desk), Mr Teeraboon (bell service), and the ever-helpful Mr Kiengsak (security/doorman). The breakfast buffet could use a bit of improvement though as it lacked food choices. Rest assured we will be back very soon!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank incahootswithpj

Dear bluvert111,

Thank you for taking the time and writing such a positive review during your recent stay and giving feedback about the team as we take pride in delivering an outstanding guest experience. We are glad you enjoyed the rooms, swimming pool and gym areas. I have let K. Ekkarat, K. Katoon and K. Teeraboon your feedback and they were delighted to be of assistance.