“fair and overpriced”

Ginza Sushi-Ichi
Ranked #1,380 of 11,955 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Cost THB 17,000 for two people for the omakase set with some starters, 7 pcs of sushi and 1 pc of handroll. No matter how good the food are ,it is really expensive for what it is, not worth going.

We ordered the most expensive set and sorry to say we are not full at all.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have eaten at many of the premier sushi in Tokyo including 3 star Jiro several times. Then I am taken to Ginza Bkk and having been told it had a star I was apprehensive since Thai allocation is rather loose ( Normandy 2 stars!) Well must say I was very pleasantly surprised . Starting with the decor. About 12 seats like in Japan cedar lined walls. Beautiful counter directly across the chef preparatory area.Appropriate knives. Sake matched to courses. Glasses to suit Chefs from the mother country. But the major observation has to be that fish is flown in from Japan from Tsukiji market everyday. When the fish market is closed so is this Restaurent. The success also comes from the fact that owners did it for passion not money. With that said I am told this is the most expensive Restaurent in Bkk. Average chq $300. I was certainly blown away. A well deserved Star which I have had difficulty agreeing with most starred in Asia. You love Sushi then this ought to be on your list. Sold out most days. I look to indulging on my next trip to Bkk

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was very excited for this dinner. Cost us nearly $600 USD for 2 people and was by far
the worst Omakase I’ve every had. The experience was closer to a fast food restaurant than a gourmet Japanese dinner. I’d suggest that you go elsewhere. This place should be closed down or be put out of business.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am a fan of ginza, but only for lunch. Dinner experience is not much difference to lunch experience,but triple of the price.
I also believe it's a matter of which chef you get..there are two chefs with good attitude and passion,however one chef seems to be pretty annoyed of what he is doing. I experienced this 2 times already. I don't know,somehow sushi and sashimi is very intimate experience,and bad energy makes it spoiled somehow.
I will still go back because the service is nice and lunch is as I said a good deal,however dinner are better options available..(masato etc...) and I would try to avoid a particular chef,..just try to get the room where one of the two chefs who were at the pictures at the Michelin ceremony..these guys are good.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

It was truly an experience as we enjoy eating Japanese food, but this was on another level! Initially walking in we were a bit baffled that the surroundings were plain but once the food started (we ordered the 5000 baht per person) it truly showed that the food was top quality and we felt worth it! The chef prepared practically everything in front of everyone and each and every course was as delicious and delicately prepared as the next! As food lovers we can say that this was best Japanese food we ever had. If we return to Bangkok, we would revisit this restaurant!