“Good alternative to Khosan”
Review of Rambuttri House

Rambuttri House
Ranked #514 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Rather than stay on the busy Khaosan Rd, head one street along to the slightly quieter Rambuttri Rd. I stayed in Rambuttri house both at the beginning and the end of my trip and although there are cheaper rooms available, I coudn't find anything else as good for the price. 650 BHT gets you a single room, comfortable bed, private bathroom, TV and Wi-Fi. A perfect place to chill if you're on a stop over or if you're exploring the city for the first time.

Room Tip: The rooms with bathrooms at the back are a little more expensive but also much nicer so it's wor...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 March 2012

at 5/3/2012 4 friends come to the hotel,the owner told us that we can use Wi Fi ,
but even one moment we cant use it.we told her every day that have a problem,but she
show me that she can use Wi Fi and we dont know how to use it,
she is liar , because i sow that she conect to WI FI of the resturant neer by her,
i asked her to make something to fix it and she become angery and shout us,and told us go out to another hotel.i asked her why she lie every day,tell us that have a problem,
we need this because we contact our job and need to read and answer to emails,
i recommends to every one not get this behavior,not lie is the first service,sorry but she
is very bad owner.h

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rafael h
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Located very close to Khaosan Rd and set back a little from Soi Rambuttri meaning it is a nice and quiet little oasis to stay. There are 2 pools on roof top, one for each building. The staff can sometimes be quite aloof but this has never bothered me in the 6 times I have stayed here. The rooms are very clean and spacious and a brilliant value for money.

Tip: Mr Thai is located out front and is brilliant when it comes to organising travel and tours. I have been seeing Mr Thai since 2005 for various things and they have never failed.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the stair/elevator. The halls have a bit of an echo so it may be a little l...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2012

After one night without AC in Bangkok I was desperate to find a nices location and started looking in Soi Rambuttri, paralel street to kaosan rd. After beeing hushed along in most receptions we came to Rambuttri House were we got a smile and a room and that was a nice and clean room with hot shower and AC big beds and a lot of space with a window towards the river in the backyard - silent and nice.
This is so centred in the middle of it all. Love the location!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Just visited Bangkok on early January...As what I mentioned in the title, the customer service was so-so... The location is superb, just one block away from so-called Backpacker capital of Thanon Khao San... The room quite huge enough for 2 persons. The cleanliness is superb... They even provide complementary waters for the hotel guests. But there's something that make me feel disappointed, prior to my arrival, I already stated my special requests in my email whereby I asked for more quieter room as I have sleep problem, but when we reached they reserve us just next to the elevator which is quite noisy. Then, you can hear the noise outside from the room. What more to say in Rambuttri Road as it is the place for the backpacker hanging out and have a drink. early morning, do expect the staff making noise as they starting do a cleaning process around the hotel...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends