See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We attended a function at the Mandarin Oriental & needed a place near there so that we could get ready. We searched TA & this deal came up. Drove here from Minburi, interesting trip, parked the Vios in front, checked in & were pleasantly surprised. Clean, nice pillows, big closet, lots of plugs, good Queen bed & large enough bathroom with tub & shower. Perfect for our needs. No late checkout tho & the pool is more like a large Jacuzzi. We'll probably stay here again if the opportunity presents itself. Check-in very quick & breakfast included. Quite new or else recently renovated. Well done. Drove home in the morning & all is well.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were looking for a place with easy access to the temples via river commuter boat system, in a safe neighborhood, that was inexpensive. This was perfect for a stop-over and we stayed 3 nights because of travel changes. There was some remodeling going on but it did not interfere with sleep. There is a lift. Air con worked well. It is hidden away in an alley but the neighborhood is safe, though not a walking tourist neighborhood at night. It is a busness district. There are no Thai restaurants, other than the hotel restaurant, but there is an falafel place in the alley. and it had a small fridge and we brought dinner home. It provided a simple complimentary breakfast.

It is in the silver wholesale district, and there are many retail silver shops. We purchased some very nice jewelry at a place on the R side of Oriental, on the way to the river boats, for very reasonable price. Just three blocks from the local tourist and commuter boats on Oriental Ave, where there are lots of food vendors during the day, and its easy to get to the Grand Palace, etc for 15-20 baht. The staff as friendly but communication, other than asking for cabs or a massage, was limited. They are opening a second annex to the hotel, that will have lots of upgrades.

They are a decent, clean budget hotel. And I would recommend it. We had no complaints other than taxi drivers could not find it easily. But tat is not a negative of the hotel. If you give the driver a mapquest map, make sure you have it printed out in Thai.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Upon arrival, I would suggest you have it on MapQuest, in Thai, for the taxi's. Two cabbies took me to the wrong spot. It is tucked into a nondescript alley.

Once there, it is in a very good location. I love the waterfront area around the Shangri-La hotel. Movement up and down the Chao Praya is better than hitting the streets of Bangkok. I would take a taxi from the hotel to the Shangri-La or River City Mall and have all the dining experience one would need. Along the Chao Praya, you can sail to Aquatique - a new area along the water that has dining, drinking, shows, market.

Used their laundry services. Pants were washed and ironed quickly and at a great price.

The hotel is a good value. I paid $37 plus tax per night. The room is clean, large and comfortable. Good Cable TV when you crash in your room. There is a restaurant (I didn't use it) and a food mart (very limited stuff, but usable). The staff is accommodating. I was not happy with the first room they gave me. My neighbor had his door open and TV on loud and the a/c wasn't blowing out cold air. They moved me to a better room. No questions asked.

Overall, I was happy there and would recommend it to anyone on a budget. Traveling as a single traveler, I would return there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LAM487
Reviewed 25 January 2013

The room was spotlessly clean, although a little small. The shower/bathroom was clean. The hotel was quiet (the location is at the end of a small street away from traffic on the nearest main road). Breakfast was adequate and served buffet style in a small restaurant on the ground floor. The hotel is in two separate buildings, the older of which has larger rooms. A ten- fifteen minute walk to the river and ferry boats.

Room Tip: The older building has larger rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed at Win Long place for 4 nights in an executive suite with plenty of space for a family of 4. The hotel has a great location for travelling with rivertaxis to destinations within Bangkok as the river is only 10 min. walk.from hotel. Staff is friendly and helpfull, breakfast ok and the place is quiet + kept very clean. The area the Hotel is located in in not a tourist area, but a silver/jewlery buisness area but you can still find both restaurants, street kitchens and cafes near by.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family