3,374 results
All reviews momo cafe tuk tuk central world the executive lounge erawan shrine corner room bts station the main road quiet street breakfast buffet hotel is located walking distance siam paragon early check platinum mall killian shopping
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stopped in Bangkok for a few days on the way to Phuket from the UK, we had 3 rooms on the 9th floor with some pretty impressive views.

Fantastic was our overall impression, the staff were friendly, well informed and very helpful. The location was great also so visiting Bangkok was very easy from here. I am not sure why you would wish to pay more for a hotel when this one offers everything you want. I will definitely book here again if I visit Bangkok again.

Thanks to all.

Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Marsden332
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I've stayed there for fifth time this year and I loved so far. Even though hotel is located in Ratchadamri area, central part of busy Bangkok, it is very quiet and not crowded at all. It only takes 5minutes walking distance from BTS Ratchadamri station which is convenient to go to Siam/Silom area. Hotel staffs are very nice and eager to help me and business lounge on 15th floor is great to relax or grap a bite. I will definately go back to Courtyard Bangkok in my next trip in Bangkok.
I almost forgot to mention that only drawback is some of rooms have a soundproof problem especially when you get a room xx01/ xx14.

Room Tip: Only Premier room type has a bathtub.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank AaronInBKK
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here during the beginning of our trip and it was a great way to start. In a quiet location away from the noise and action of Siam Square (1 skytrain stop away-Ratchadamri stop). Great location - down a quiet dead-end street (Soi) 5-8 minute walk from skytrain stop. A 8-10 minute walk to Siam square if you like to walk. Rooms were clean, quiet, very comfortable, and fairly spacious. Easy to get to a side streets where locals came and went for street food and coffee - black sticky rice with custard (yum!), etc. Loved the lap pool - wished there was a hot jacuzzi - although swimming was great and there was a cold whirlpool. Did get a 90 minute massage and enjoyed it. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Easy to get a taxi or tuk tuk if needed. Did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment. I would definitely stay there again. The only negative was that we made two local phone calls to a friend who had a cell phone. According to what we read in the hotel room it was to cost only pennies and each ended up costing 12 USD. A bit of a surprise on the bill - oh well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank P G
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Overall:
In May I had the opportunity of staying at my favorite hotel once again. As a Marriott gold member I got upgraded to a corner deluxe room on the 12th floor. I was so pleased to see that all basic bathroom amenities are now readily available for your use (see photo). This means hotel management does take guests’ comments seriously. Thumbs up! Turndown service of this Courtyard is no less than other 4 stars hotels I used to stay. I might even add that it’s a wee bit better than some. The housekeeper brought in what I would define as “a tray of care”. In it you’ll find the usual breakfast in-room menu, laundry list/bag, spa menu, additional bottle of drinking water and some sweets, AND a special self-made good night card indicating tomorrow’s weather forecast so you’d have an idea of what lies ahead and how to best prepare for it! Two thumbs up! Since Courtyard is located in a residential area, it is rather safe to do your daily jogging in early morning or early evening. The hotel prepares you with a jogging map showing the favorite routes taken by many guests for your convenience. Some photos of this route are shown below.

Pros:
Jogging tag; full set of amenities; many taxis standing by inside hotel compound at all times.

Cons:
Bath gel sufficient for one time bath only; no brown sugar (neither in room nor at Momo Café)

Suggestions:
Since bathroom floor is slippery when wet, a hand rail near bench would be helpful. Also a welcome-back note for returning guests will surely be a nice touch.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank agingduo
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My two adult daughters and myself booked this property for our first trip to Bangkok. Truthfully we first checked reviews to make certain that we would be in a safe location and then booked because we were able to use Marriott reward points for payment. After that I was just a bit nervous about our hasty decision. Turns out it was a terrific decision for us. The late night check-in was flawless and the room was very adequate for our needs. As has been mentioned in other reviews the location of the hotel was great for us as we were able to easily walk to either of two subway stations which we used as our main form of transportation. It also was a short walk to Erawan Shrine. Also convenient was a 7-Eleven shop just at the back of the hotel property. We had one family member ill for a short time so we used that convenience store to purchase ginger ale, diet sodas and water in larger quantities.
Two other things stand out as excellent for this location. The buffet breakfast was outstanding with an international assortment of food choices. We used this meal as a solid start to the day so that we could begin out our sight-seeing schedule well fed and in good humor! We enjoyed sampling some different foods as well as feeling welcomed by the familiar. The service was great as well.
Secondly, the concierge service was very, very helpful. All our questions were answered clearly and cheerfully. This made the start of our days so easy as we always felt secure in our directions and miscellaneous questions. Bangkok was a little bit intimidating to me in its size and unfamiliarity so this service helped to comfort me.
All in all, the Courtyard was terrific for us. We were not interested in the nightlife and I'm sure there were many parts of Bangkok that we did not explore in our few days there, but we were able to see the main attractions that interested us and this was a great homebase.
Also, the pool gave us a great afternoon respite from the heat.
The hotel was well run, clean, and the staff was exceptionally helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank madreandsass
Sanne E, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear Madreandsass,

First and foremost thank you for your very positve review of our Hotel and Services! We are very pleased that you did make the hasty decision to stay with us and is thrilled that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us. We are especially happy that you felt safe and the we helped to be comfortable in a large city as Bangkok - visiting for the first time!
We do hope you will chose to come to Bangkok once more and to welcome you back to our Courtyard once more.
Kind regards,