Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
US$ 122
US$ 109
US$ 70
US$ 64
Eastin Hotel Makkasan(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$ 59
US$ 458
Cancelon
3,211 results
All reviewsmomo cafetuk tukcentral worldthe executive loungeerawan shrinecorner roombts stationthe main roadquiet streetbreakfast buffethotel is locatedsiam paragonearly checkplatinum mallkillianshoppingratchadamri
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The hotel is located less than 10 minutes walk from the BTS station. The new business lounge on the 15th floor offers business travelers with a couple of conference rooms, free cocktail during happy hours, free breakfast until 10:30 AM, and a nice selection of finger food during tea time in the afternoon. The staff (Oak and Lak) are quite friendly and very tentative to guests' needs. Despite busy serving customers breakfast buffet at Momo Cafe, you would be treated as if you were the only customer that they need to tend to. Anne (the Momo Cafe) manager has trained her staff very well with regard to customer services. I stayed at this hotel a year ago. I gave it a four ratings. With the new business lounge and the high level of customer services across the board, I am giving this hotel a rating of 5. I will stay at this hotel again for my next visit to Bangkok. Great job for all the hotel staff!! Lucky for management team.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank SamW-2011
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Overall:
Situated in the central business zone of Bangkok with 4-5 stars hotels/apartments all around makes Courtyard be in the nice, quiet neighborhood. Upscale shopping malls and many attractions are in close proximity. The hotel is relatively new, rising 15 floors high with swimming pool, fitness room and spa on the mezzanine. Bedroom is clean, spacious, modern, and equipped with LCD, working desk, wired internet as well as strong wifi access (internet usage is offered free for Marriott Rewards members). Clean, comfortable bathroom with sizable shower compartment equipped with handheld shower and bench. Strong water flow with easy adjusted hot/cold knob, but floor tiles are a bit slippery when wet. Room amenities of a 4-star hotel: drinking water, coffee/tea making set, stocked mini bar at a cost if consumed, lots of storage space, roomy closet with wooden hangers, deposit safe, and steamed iron and board. Practically only one in-house restaurant, MoMo Café & Bar, serves all day dining. From my own experience, the buffet breakfast at MoMo really took my heart, though the spread may not be that different but the quality is something else! At other 4 or even 5 stars properties, I seldom see boiled rice with shrimps on the bf line, and if there was, it would be one with minced shrimp. Here at Courtyard Bangkok, the boiled rice comes with whole shrimp and plenty even! Yummy indeed!

Pros:
Nice, quiet location with shuttle service to nearest BTS station; quality buffet breakfast; free wired/wifi access for Marriott Rewards members; recently opened Business Lounge on 15th flr is a plus for gold/platinum members and selected guests. The facilities/amenities offered include two internet stations, two small meeting rooms, light snacks and refreshments suitable for exclusive relaxation as well as brief meetings among travelling executives.

Cons:
Limited parking space, no lock on bathroom door, no health faucet (toilet hose), basic bathroom amenities not readily supplied, e.g. lotion, cotton buds, for these and other items you need to ring housekeeper for the supply.

Final words:
I find Courtyard Bangkok to be quite impressive for a category 3 class by Marriott standard. Many areas are wheelchair accessible. I booked the room through their website prior to arrival and so check-in and check-out were quick and smooth. Hotel staffs are efficient and cordial. They treat guests of all nationalities, including Thais, with the same courtesy. I sure will be back again.

Room Tip: corner room, high floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank agingduo
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I thought I had written this review earlier but when I was checking my reviews, it appears it never posted.

We stayed at this hotel in late October 2011 with a group of 12 travelers. This was my fourth stay at the hotel and it was again fabulous.

Service: The staff were wonderful and attentive. I read some of the other reviews about poor service, but we had the opposite experience. We had been in northern Thailand prior to checking into this hotel and when we arrived one of the members of our group (a physician herself) had fallen quite ill. She needed to be immediately hospitalized and the staff were amazing in their level of assistance and follow up on her condition. They assisted us in getting her to a hospital, checked in with her at the hospital, sent flowers and also made arrangements for her and her husband to stay longer at the Courtyard and helped us arrange cancelation of their reservation in Hua Hin at another hotel. They staff left daily notes for us to follow up on our travel companion's situation.

Throughout our stay the staff was always pleasant, courteous and helpful. The general manager Carsten and the reservations/rooms manager, Toto, were consistently present in the hotel and checking on us and other guests.

The only problem experienced at the hotel was with the front desk staff not having a clear understanding of how to handle group reservations at check out. I've not experienced this same problems when I have only booked one or two rooms on prior trips.

Rooms: The rooms are very well appointed with the usual high level of Marriott bedding and toiletries. The bathrooms are very clean and have great showers. I am never disappointed with the level of cleanliness and I can always rely on a high room standard at this hotel.

Restaurants: A good buffet breakfast in the morning with a wide variety of hot and cold food and attentive staff. We also had dinner in the restaurant and late night snacks delivered to the room. For a Bangkok U.S. based chain hotel, the evening meals are actually quite reasonably priced and the food was good. Room service was prompt and efficient.

Location: Perfect. It is a block from the sky train stop and is close to restaurants, massage, shopping etc. The hotel itself is down a side street so it isn't as noisy as being on a main road. Easy to get to anyplace from the Courtyard. There is a small alley down the side street off the hotel that has lovely little restaurants, a wine bar and a coffee shop.

There is a roof top pool with bar service.

The general ambiance of this hotel is more similar to a full service Marriott in the states. It by far exceeds the level of any other Courtyard hotel at which I have stayed. I am a Marriott Gold member, who is pretty particular about service levels and I would consistently rate this hotel above many full service Marriott hotels, both in quality of the hotel and the service level.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Broder
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Rooms are very nice. The staff its friendly. You arrive and have a good feeling. The hotel is directly downtown and next to great shopping, BTS station and very important is next to the hot spots for nightlife.

Especially the Business lounge gives you also a very personnel touch where you feel at home emediatelly

Room Tip: The rooms are very nice and clean. The business lounge is not very large but offers a great view on the city and the staff does everything to give your stay a very personal touch. Overall a great price value experience.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank HansFischer
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I recently returned from a wonderful trip to Thailand, but was pretty disappointed with my stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in Bangkok. The hotel itself was indeed of 4 star standard in terms of accommodation, but the service was poor. There appeared to be a lack of leadership with regards to the staff, room service was terrible. I recall waiting for 30-40 mins for things to be sorted in my room and would often telephone more than once. There seemed to be a staff shortage. Is the Marriott chain in financial difficulty I wonder? There was one guy manning the pool, pool bar, gym, spa and upper level by the pool - so service was virtually non existent in the pool area and I would often have to walk down to reception to ask for a drink or food. There wasn't a member of staff in the mini market shop in reception, again you would have to queue at reception to buy something as simple as a postcard or bottle of water. The receptionists were not very helpful and often seemed bored. On one occassion when we asked for a recommendation for a good restaurant - being very dressed up were sent to a very run down place barely better than Macdonalds (?run by the receptionists relatives). The breakfast was average, but the restaurant area, better managed personnel wise. Overall, the accommodation - pool, room facilities were up to the mark and the location reasonable, next to the sky train, but a poorly managed hotel. I have already deterred a friend from booking there for her trip to Bangkok in June and will not be staying there again on my return to Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends