See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Before booking RAL Bangkok, the terrible reviews put me off a bit. But i was very plesantly surprised when my friends and i checked in. Very clean, the Presidential room which can accomodate 4 was spacious and no sign of any insects whatsoever. The breakfast was basic but filling. Definitely worth the money i paid. Also, the location was fantastic. I will most definitely be recommending this to me friends and family and will be looking forward to my next stay here. All those reviewers who said this place was terrible are completely off their rocker. I highly recommend RAL.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My friends and I booked the Royal Asia Lodge as a cheap base for our travels in Bangkok as we had a group of 5. We stayed in one of the Penthouse suites and found it oerfect for our needs. We had adequate sized bedrooms for all of us and a nice a cosy living area with a balcony with great views of Bangkok. This with a kitchen facility which would have been perfect if we wanted to cook anything for ourselves and a fridge large enough to stock a few Changs ;)

location was superb at the end of a fairly quiet street 'by Bangkok standards' with a short walk to the start of the street to get to the sky train or the Patel provides a tuk tuk service back and forth. There were a number of good eateries and bars down the street including 'The White Bar' which we spent many a night enjoying the superb cocktails.

I have travelled to Bangkok a few times and found the Royal Asia lodge for the price paid perfect for our needs, in a quiet safe area with access to the sky train means you can go anywhere wi ease. I would defiantly stay there again.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2012

good value for money when you think to stay in a budget hotel at Sukhumvit. Though the hotel is about 5 min walk from the main street but they have a shuttle service to drop you on main road. the breakfast was basic. Do not book any tour from the hotel desk or hire hotel taxi. they charge too much.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The Hotel is in an ideal location to see the BKK nightlife being located midway between the famous (infamous) Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza. The Hotel is located at the bottom of Soi 8 away from Sukhumvit Road and the noise. Nana Skytrain station is located at the junction of Soi 8 and Sukhumvit Road which is ideal for visiting the rest of the city. Cream coloured Hotel Tuk-Tuks provide a free service to and from the main street. The Hotel has recently been taken over and is going to be known as the CITIN LOFT and appears as f is currently in a transition period. The walls in the rooms have been repainted in a light brown and white mottled finish. It looks better in daylight than at night as a number of the bulbs are blown. The effect is to make it slightly dingy. I hope the new owners rectify this. The beds are good, and the staff are very helpful. The room rate is good and I noticed from the Hotel website that there is no charge for ‘guests’ which I recall from back in the days when I was single In Bangkok could save you a lot of money.

Room Tip: Book your Taxi to the Airport through the Hotel as its only 500B. Short term ‘Guests’ are free at this Hotel. People who have stayed at this Hotel in the past please note the Tuk-Tuk call button at the end of the Soi has been removed. Use road bridges if at all possible. Crossing Sukumvit Road by foot is a lottery were your life is the stake. If you are staying in BKK with your family then choose the Royal Asia Paradise next door. All the rooms are suites and ideal for Families.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Stepa1007
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I would not advise anyone to stay here for FREE let alone pay for the rooms!!! We went on a 5 day family holiday which was totally ruined by the hotel experience.

I travelled with my husband and 3 children and phoned the hotel before booking to confirm if i could get a family room or a connecting room. I was assured i would definitely get a connecting room, which didn't happen when I got to the hotel! The staffs were very rude including the duty manager 'Ahmed' and denied even receiving my phone call! When I asked for my money back as they weren't providing what they promised, they refused and started arguing with me and got me and my family really upset, but we were forced to stay as they had already charged my credit card!

The next day we did fight for a connecting room and there was only one, which had one toilet broken, ceiling broken, water leaking from the fridge, cockroaches, No hot water in one bathroom, A/C not working properly and so on... The keys to the rooms didn't work properly either, breakfast was crap, and swimming pool was FILTHY and DIRTY. Overall I would not recommend anyone to stay here as it probably is the worst hotels in Thailand and was not cheap either. We had 2 rooms and paid 1000 BHTS per room per night which equaled to about £21.50 per room per night, which was NOT VALUE FOR MONEY at all!

Then to make things worse at the hotel, when we checked out of the hotel they wanted us to pay for a red mark on a bed sheet which we didn't even do! It looked totally washable and I didn't have any red make up or pens etc on me. They checked my bags before letting us go...They were totally trying to scam money out of us and we were made to feel like criminals when they accused us of making marks on their sheets!

Most of the guests I spoke to were unhappy and had some problem or another with their room. Whenever we asked to speak to another senior manager, we were told they were not available and can't speak to us. When we asked for the head managers name the staff always said 'We don't know'. I can’t believe they don’t know the name of the person they actually work for!

NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay Here!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family