“Good location for nightlife and Stag events.”

Royal Asia Lodge Bangkok
Ranked #797 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The Hotel is in an ideal location to see the BKK nightlife being located midway between the famous (infamous) Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza. The Hotel is located at the bottom of Soi 8 away from Sukhumvit Road and the noise. Nana Skytrain station is located at the junction of Soi 8 and Sukhumvit Road which is ideal for visiting the rest of the city. Cream coloured Hotel Tuk-Tuks provide a free service to and from the main street. The Hotel has recently been taken over and is going to be known as the CITIN LOFT and appears as f is currently in a transition period. The walls in the rooms have been repainted in a light brown and white mottled finish. It looks better in daylight than at night as a number of the bulbs are blown. The effect is to make it slightly dingy. I hope the new owners rectify this. The beds are good, and the staff are very helpful. The room rate is good and I noticed from the Hotel website that there is no charge for ‘guests’ which I recall from back in the days when I was single In Bangkok could save you a lot of money.

Room Tip: Book your Taxi to the Airport through the Hotel as its only 500B. Short term ‘Guests’ are free at t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Stepa1007
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I would not advise anyone to stay here for FREE let alone pay for the rooms!!! We went on a 5 day family holiday which was totally ruined by the hotel experience.

I travelled with my husband and 3 children and phoned the hotel before booking to confirm if i could get a family room or a connecting room. I was assured i would definitely get a connecting room, which didn't happen when I got to the hotel! The staffs were very rude including the duty manager 'Ahmed' and denied even receiving my phone call! When I asked for my money back as they weren't providing what they promised, they refused and started arguing with me and got me and my family really upset, but we were forced to stay as they had already charged my credit card!

The next day we did fight for a connecting room and there was only one, which had one toilet broken, ceiling broken, water leaking from the fridge, cockroaches, No hot water in one bathroom, A/C not working properly and so on... The keys to the rooms didn't work properly either, breakfast was crap, and swimming pool was FILTHY and DIRTY. Overall I would not recommend anyone to stay here as it probably is the worst hotels in Thailand and was not cheap either. We had 2 rooms and paid 1000 BHTS per room per night which equaled to about £21.50 per room per night, which was NOT VALUE FOR MONEY at all!

Then to make things worse at the hotel, when we checked out of the hotel they wanted us to pay for a red mark on a bed sheet which we didn't even do! It looked totally washable and I didn't have any red make up or pens etc on me. They checked my bags before letting us go...They were totally trying to scam money out of us and we were made to feel like criminals when they accused us of making marks on their sheets!

Most of the guests I spoke to were unhappy and had some problem or another with their room. Whenever we asked to speak to another senior manager, we were told they were not available and can't speak to us. When we asked for the head managers name the staff always said 'We don't know'. I can’t believe they don’t know the name of the person they actually work for!

NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay Here!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank MrsHussain786
Reviewed 27 May 2012

i always stay at this hotel when im in bangkok,the rooms are adequate and clean,the breakfast is excellent it has a pool and massage place on the upper floors and although its at the end of the soi you get a tuk tuk to the end for free what more can you ask for for a 1000 baht per night

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank chris c
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We found the hotel very ordinary, breakfast rather poor, room air conditioner very noisy, the bath towels were tissue thin, and the pool was not in service. But the location was very convenient close to the Nana Skytrain station, and tuk-tuk service very handy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank john g
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I booked Royal Aisa Lodge for 5 nights online in advance and felt excited for the Thailand trip in the early of May. However, when I arrived there with my friend, we soon found that this hotel is totally a crap.

1.Seceurity problem
We went to our room after check in and found that there are some luggages in the room. We downstaired and reported it to the receptionist, then she realized that the room is in use by someone else already! I was shocked at their management and wonder what if the same case happened to me, would my personal belongings be ripped off?

2.Hygenic problem
The room is very smelly and shabby which needs to be refurnished in urgent. The air-con is very noisy which sounds like a turbot jet engine that makes you hard to fall into asleep. The toilet light is flashing and will be turned off automatically in 5 mins as if it is a haunted room that makes you even unable to take a shower.

3.Management problem(unfriendlly staff)
We have reported many times to the frontdesk many times about the lighting problems, but they just either ignored it or claimed they will send the technician for check up but in fact no one came. The receptionist was very rude, unhelpful, badly trained and even yelled at me as if I were the staff and she was the customer.

4.Breakfast buffet- a fraud
The buffet pans were almost empty every morning. Very slow speed for refill. Staff there spended most of the time chatting with each other rather than focus on their works. If the management tends to serve customers like this, it would be better for just shutting it down and not provide any so-called breakfast buffet to their customers.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends