“good location near bts nana”

Royal Asia Lodge Bangkok
Ranked #808 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 January 2012

this hotel is on the back of bts nana....maybe around 10 minutes walk...but dont worries, coz they have their own tuk tuk... so you just need go to the near 7-11 and press the button on the wall and wait until tuk tuk come to pick u...
their staff also nice , but unfortunatelly our room have trouble with hot water...
talk to staff many time,,,but still not fix the problem... :(

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 November 2011

The title says it all. Was a nightmare. Nuff said.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank korndamned
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed there for 3 days in augest-septemer11. Very bad service and they didnt provide what they promise at the time of booking online. Room furniture looks very old. As soon as i enter in room, I automatically goes in depression mode. Also atey charge hell lot of money for phone calls and internet usage.

Room Tip: Pls dont spoil your vacation by booking this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank shox54
BangkokMike, Resident Manager at Royal Asia Lodge Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2011

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback with us through trip Advisor.
We acknowledged your concerns regarding of our rooms such as yours as they indicate the areas where we can further improve by refurbishment from April 2012.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2011

For years, I have read reviews from Tripadvisor to get info about hotels, but this is the first time I have shared my comment. To be frank with you, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed. I have been to many budget hotels around the world, so I never expected anything luxury from Royal Asia Lodge. My basic need is just a clean room to sleep.

But... what I faced is army of cockroaches. They were everywhere from under the bed, in the cabinet, in the toilet, on the floor. One night a cockroach walked on my leg while I was sleeping. Sometimes, it was on my toothbrush. Moreover, my wife got sick due to bad air condition in the room. Air ventilation system was really bad. We spent 4 nights there in early November 2011 and it turned out to be my worst nightmare!

If the management reads my comment, please do something about it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank PakornJ
Reviewed 31 October 2011

After reading some of the reviews on tripadvisor I wasnt quite sure what to expect for our 4 night stay at this hotel.
The initial signs werent good.The reception area is small and cramped and the lobby is nothing to write home about.
However when we got to our room on the 7th floor we were pleasantly surprised.It was a decent size and everything worked fine.
There is not a huge choice at breakfast but what we had was good and they do try and vary the food each day.
Its about a 10 minute walk to Nana MTR station which is no problem in the evening,but can be quite hot during the day so try to make use of their free tuk-tuk service.
There are some decent restaurants on Soi 8,particularily Monsoon and also det5,Soi 8 and Kinaree plus Citadines is nice for a beer just before you get back to the Royal Asia Lodge.
Overall I was quite happy with our stay at this hotel.What we got for our money was good value and it is situated in quite a good location on Sukhumvit.
If the reception/lobby area had a decent like of paint plus some newer furniture it would work wonders.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zidane08

We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and wish to thank you
for your gracious comments about our hotel.

Once again, thank you, and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Best regards,