“Beautiful property” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #115 of 843 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Beautiful property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed here for a week and was a great experience. The food was amazing rooms were fresh and clean, the ferry service across the river was a great add on.. Over all a very great experience

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the top floors..
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TarunG
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Not bad at all. It meets all the basics that a business traveler is looking for. The location is ok. It's just very average for a 5 star hotel. I can't complain.

Room Tip: I didn't get upgraded
1 Thank Michael L
Lambertville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

We flew in from the States so jet lag was an issue This hotel was a pleasure to stay at. They had a nice lounge at the very top of the hotel for cocktails and offered free small plates of food later in the evening being tired from the flight it was very convenient. In the morning they also had a nice breakfast spread and great coffee with a nice view. The staff was always smiling and very helpful we had prearrange a temple a 6hr temple tour that picked us up at the hotel before we left for our trip and we were so glad we did we would never had the time to see as much as we did and learned so much from our tour guide. I can't tell you about the neighborhood since we only walked around a bit. We stayed 2 nights and then we were off to another area of Thailand. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 3chances
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed at the Millennium Hilton for 10 days, and I was very impressed with the hotel itself the food, and the service.

The hotel is located right by the riverside, and has its own pier so you can easily escape the Bangkok traffic by taking the river taxi. The location also meant that it has a couple of lovely restaurants right by the river, with indoor and outdoor seating. The restaurant Lantern is more of a coffee house, but we had a private function on the outdoor deck that worked immensely well. Flow, where the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets are served also has a large outdoor seating area, as well as a spacious interior. The variety served at the buffet is wide - continental, seafood, Japanese, Chinese, and even a room full of cheeses (for dinner only) - however I wished there was a better selection of Thai food! I was very taken by their fresh juice bar at breakfast although the staff could be better trained on how to use the juicer! That said, in general the wait staff are attentive. At times when I had to rush for morning conferences, they even offered to pack breakfast for me.

The best thing about the hotel has got to be the poolside area. There is a man-made beach (complete with sand!) on the 4th floor of the hotel, and the deck chairs are literally in the water overlooking the river, so even though you're in the middle of the city, you feel like you're by the seaside. Great concept and design, very unconventional.

The gym is located on the same level as the pool, and is decent with cardio and weight machines, and even a large area for stretches and yoga. However it tends to get very busy in the evenings, and you might have a to wait a while to get on to the machines.

The room itself was modern, and my room overlooked the river. I liked that it was new and clean, but otherwise there is nothing special about the size of the room or any intuitive features.

The conference facilities were good, and the conference staff were in general attentive. We had a little trouble with one of our conference rooms on the 30/F, as the air-conditioning wasn't working well - and this isn't pleasant when you have a roomful of people in the Bangkok heat. The staff were helpful enough to relocate us to other conference rooms on the 2/F.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay there - the best bits has got to be the pool area and the food.

3 Thank Dashador
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Was booked in this hotel for a week-long conference. It was my second time to stay in this hotel, and although the place is really beautiful, with good, efficient staff--my sole complaint about Millennium Hilton is its unchanging buffet spread. Now, I'm not very picky with hotels, but for the price I had to pay for staying at this hotel for 5 nights, the buffet should at least have some variety day after day.

The food was good but basically it was the same thing every single day. The conference package required us to have buffet lunch in their Flow restaurant; you can just imagine how, for 6 consecutive days, I faced the same breakfast and lunch buffet spreads. Which would have been relatively alright to bear--however, I experienced stomach upset and diarrhea for 2-3 days while eating here. Can't say for sure if it was the carpaccio I had in their lunch buffet or the milk or cheese in their breakfast buffet or something else entirely--but I definitely had these gastrointestinal disturbances while I was booked in this hotel and not anywhere else.

But other than this inconvenience, the place is really nice and airy. Hotel lounge/lobby area was fabulous, and the ambiance was great enough for me to hang out there with my laptop and Kindle during idle hours.

Bedroom was okay (slightly cramped, but okay) with a great view of the Chao Phraya River. Staff are super efficient. When I ordered a cappuccino from the breakfast buffet, and I couldn't finish it, I asked if I could take it with me to the conference room. The F&B staff immediately rushed to provide me a take-away coffee cup so that I wouldn't be late to my workshop.

Millennium Hilton provides free river shuttle to Saphan Taksin BTS across the river and back, so at least I was able to go to central Bangkok easily for some shopping.

Just a tip: check your hotel bill carefully prior to check-out. The way they list all the items billed to your room can be confusing. The hotel lumped all my 5 lunch meals under 1 date--very confusing. It looked like 5 persons' meals in 1 day were charged to my room.

There's a night market right beside the hotel (called Klongsan Market) and you can access it easily from the main road, or better, from the hotel pier. Good and cheap finds to see in this market, in case you don't have the time to go out for some bargain shopping.

1 Thank kickgalvanic