“A great Budget hotel for Bangkok”
Review of Grand Business Inn

Grand Business Inn
Ranked #371 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I have stayed at the Grand Business Inn proabably 20 times or more in the 10 years. It is a very nice budget hotel. The rooms are clean and they have a great little 24 hour restaurant adjacent to the Lobby. The staff is friendly and the location is great. Easy access to the Expressway and also the Skytrain and Metro systems. Entertainment is only a short walk or taxi cab ride away. I would recoomend this hotel to my friends and family for a short visit while in Bangkok.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 August 2009

I discovered this hotel from a review of the Ambassador Hotel, which is just down the street. The fellow said that, if you are not gonna use the fitness room and swimming pool, may as well save some money and stay at the Grand Business Inn - so I did.

The front desk staff is fine, but they do not have a safe in the room. You need to leave your valuables in a big brown envelope, which they tape shut and staple each time you access it. Not a big deal, just allow a couple minutes.

My room was on the second floor, right above the resto. We could definitely hear road noise. The free WI-FI worked fine though. The bathroom was small, but fixtures are new. Cannot remember if the water leaked on the floor, but would not be surprised, since most of the bathtubs in Thailand have a shelf on the back. When the water hits that shelf, it drains right onto the floor!

Breakfast was good, although not a buffet. This is a good place to sleep and leave your gear while you are busy doing things around town. At the end of my trip, I decided to stay down the street at the Grand President. Not so noisy, nicer room, nicer breakfast and swimming pool on the roof. But you must pay B300/day for cable internet. Basically, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2009

This Hotel at a great location, near Nana skytrain.
The price is very reasonable and room are clean and
new. I've stayed there 3times when having to overnt
and fly out the next day. Price around 1600thb if available
So email in advance!

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank yat-Hawaii
Reviewed 13 April 2008

We chose this hotel because it had cable internet in the room. They only had an executive room at 2,000 Baht/night (no breakfast) and no standard rooms. Even though it was an expensive room, it was tiny. The room was stuffy and the bed smelled of smoke. The pillows were thick and hard. They were so uncomfortable that I used the small cushions instead. The room had a window overlooking the street. The bathroom was clean and looked fine but because it was very badly made, some water drained on the floor instead of the bathtub. Towels were threadbare. Internet, TV, fridge and aircon, on the other hand, worked well.

When we were checking in, the receptionist explained to us in length the rules for brining guests to the room. At first I found it odd as we are a middle aged couple, obviously tourists. When I saw Western men going in and out with prostitutes, I understood what that was for. The only good thing about the location is that it is 5 minutes walk to Nana skytrain station.

The reception staff were polite but not very helpful. After two nights at GBI I found another hotel and moved out. There may be better rooms at the hotel as it is quite big and some people may find the area suitable for their aims, but I am afraid I can’t recommend this hotel to anyone on the basis of my experience.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank citywok
Reviewed 16 March 2008

i just check in to this hotel today.. i ask for iron and iron board but the staff notified me it is not permitted. The staff offer me to ask laundry staff with charge 10 baht per item. I told them that i will make a decision later.

One hour after that i have to go down to front counter again because no directory at room and i'm very shocked that the price has been increase to 20 baht per item. i told them that the price just 10 baht one hour ago. I have scold by "old lady supervisor" and she ask me to sent out my shirt if i dont agree with the price... "Terrible Drama" and this is my last trip to this hotel. NO MORE GRAND BUSINESS INN!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank AVSEC