“MUST GO! Try laughing ballons and eat a scorpion”
Review of Khao San Road

Khao San Road
Ranked #19 of 630 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The backpacking district of Khao San Road is the traveler hub of South East Asia. Jam-packed with raucous bars and restaurants as well as budget hostels, it’s a favorite for late-night revelers.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I went to this street because I heard it was a great experience just to walk there.
Of course, try to go at night. It has different mood from the day time.

As soon as you arrive you feel the "party" ambient. You can go with kids but honestly I dont feel it is the right enviroment. There are a lot of 20's-30's drinking and dancing.

I like trying everything from the culture I go to, so I gave a try to the scorpoins. They do not taste bad, in my opinion they taste like pork skin.

I also try the laughing ballons, I was thinking in not doing in but I was there already I mean, how many times do you go to Thailand? (in from Mexico). The laughing balloons was a complete new experience for me. It actually works, I was eskeptical to the effect. There's a way to do it, ask for directions but the way another tourist taught me was like if you were breathing from a paper bag. The effect last like 1-2min but it feels like 10 and you literally can't stop laughing.

I don't do drugs so for me this was a great legal experience.

All reviews
in 67 reviews
"rambuttri"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Khao san road is a cool area to walk around in to explore, shop, eat and look around at all that’s happening. Even if you’re not into partying this is still nice to see during the day or early evening when all the stalls open up and the vendors come out. It’s only later the party scene really starts. There’s always something to see and it’s just cool to experience

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The only tourist street in Bangkok. Here people meet and share plans of how to explore places unknown to man! The rest of Bangkok is fantastic especially Chinatown

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This area was fun to walk around and explore. Lots of shops and places to eat. Not quite as crowded as other locations. We stopped for lunch here and people-watched. One of our favorite stops on the trip.

1  Thank JH_10999