“FANTASTIC BURGER: My second visit was as good as the first. SUPER TASTY.”
Review of Chef Bar

Chef Bar
Ranked #76 of 12,891 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: UnFortuneatly we Close untill further Notice we Are Looking Forward Seeing You Again Recently Re-Furbished in a Major Way. I Promise You All Considerable Amount of Thought And Skill Was Initiated to Make Chef Bar an Even Better Experience ! Our Small Team Welcome You To Chef Bar to Experience International Comfort Cuisine Sourced and Prepared By Chef Roland who has Over 40years International Culinary Experience.Chef Roland's Concept is to Control The Transition from Ingredients to the Finished Dish By: Sourcing Only the Best Products Available.All Raw Meat is In House Ground or Cut. Blends His Own Concoctions of Sauces, Salt, Seasonings. Hand Cut Chips and Mashed Potatoes are prepared fresh Daily.Please Take a Look at Our Specials that are Always Imaginative with locally and Imported Quality Ingredients. Also Chef Roland Personally Has Selected Interesting Craft Beers and Wine by the Glass and Bottle.
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Hello, This little place: CHEF BAR serves a FANTASTIC BURGER, definitely worth seeking out. I am just back from BKK, I had great holiday and enjoyed having a great meal at Chef Bar again ( see my earlier review.)
The owner is the chef, I asked him what was good/new and ordered from his suggestion.
My burger was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Wagu beef topped with duck confit and some French cheese, yes I know this sounds exotic, but it was just so delicious !!! This place is truly a find and I am grinning as I write this review as I so enjoyed my second visit to Chef Bar.

Dear fellow travelers: This place is perfect break when you need a change from Asian food to 'Real Chow' while on your trip. This cafe is a causal, tiny hole-in-the-wall joint where everything you eat or drink is first rate. The beer is good and ice cold, there are several excellent Aussie wines to choose from and everything about your burger is terrific. You will enjoy your dinner, relax and leave happy. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Thanks for reading.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank LAEventpro

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in last night for a burger. The burger itself was amazing, especially Australian sourced lamb. Ron the owner was great to chat to and clearly takes pride in his business. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Tim F
Reviewed 25 March 2018

A hole-in-the-wall eatery where Ozzie chef Roland never gives less than 100% devotion to his his craft. The menu revolves around the humble burger, one that is elevated way beyond the norm. Roland understands that good food begins with prime raw ingredients, avoiding culinary shortcuts that abound elsewhere. People have forgotten what good food tastes like but here they are likely to be given a sharp reality check on what's what in an alternative world. Outstanding local & organic pork chops, aged/marbled steaks from US and Oz and satisfying meat pies may be on offer according to a daily changing menu from the blackboard. His mushy peas are more like a French puree. Textbook Bearnaise sauce. Interesting local craft beers.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank peter p
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I’m a total fan of Chef Roland and his great little Chef Bar. Went specifically to say hello on his birthday and he served me a great pie combo. His little serving area is inversely proportional to Roland’s wonderful hospitality and even better personalised meal preparation. Do yourself a favour and introduce yourself to a Bangkok gem. I will be back and keen to support in what ever way I can and my wasteline allows.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank checkinn99
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped by last night after checking into our hotel and checking out Trip Advisor for a eating recommendation. We wanted something not Asian as that is all we have been eating on this trip and we wanted a break. We noticed reviews for Chef Bar and it was walking distance. Sitting down the owner a Aussie, Expat recommended some items so we had a burger and a beef meat pie. Both excellent choices. The burger was delicious with the patty cooked just right and with a great bun. It came with fries that were also very good. The ‘pie’ was excellent. Would definitely go back again given the opportunity and would recommend to anyone that loves a great ‘craft’ burger. P.S. there were some Norwegians in the place eating lamb burgers and they strongly recommended it, maybe next time.

Date of visit: February 2018