US$ 91
US$ 445
US$ 370
Official Site
1,290 results
All reviewsmain buildingau bon paindiplomat suitebedroom villatuk tukemporium mallrooftop poolsukhumvit roadsky train stationwingskytraininternetbahttaxisbaangymthai
Reviewed 14 March 2008

On arrival to the hotel, there was a problem with the booking. Despite booking a non-smoking room, the hotel had allocated us a smoking room. We didn't really mind what we had. We were hot and bothered after an 18hr trip and the receptionist barely appologised or offered a glass of water while we waited. It wasn't till her senior came out that the problem was recified. After nearly 40mins of waiting, we finally were given a room!

It was very clean with lovely fittings and furniture. The bathroom was on the small side, but the shower was large and hot. The pool area was very small and disapointing for such a large hotel.

Breakfast was the usual selection of hot meals eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns etc and cold selections like yoghurts pastries, fruit and cereals. Not the most extensive buffet I have seen, but certainly adequate. The bar had less than 6 people in every night, despite there being a singer.

The hotel is not as close to the sky train as their website says and certainly not as central to what we wanted to see. There are plenty of taxis but do take a card from reception with the address written in Thai, as no-one knew where the hotel is. There is a Tesco supermarket at the end of the street.

There is an enormous seafood restaurant 10min walk up the same street as the hotel. From the outside, we thought it looked amazing and the diners inside looked happy too. We can only imagine how the system actually works, as very few people spoke English and there was nothing to read about what you actually do. Its not a sit down restaurant with a menu. More like a supermarket that cooks your food. There is fresh seafood and vegetables layed out on ice and with your shopping trolley, go along and make your selection. Everything is then weighed and paid for at the cashier. This is then taken to be cooked in which ever manner you like. This is then brought back to the table. However, there is no list of sauces you can have, or type of cooking styles.

If you are familiar with Thai food (which I thought we were prior to this experience) and can speak enough Thai to know how to explain which sauce and cooking style you like, then maybe this is a terrific restaurant. There seemed to be many business men here and I suspect the boss was paying, as it was very expensive. We selected 4 large prawns, a handful of calamari and vegetables. Once at the cashier, we found out that this would cost 1,500 baht (£25) and it was extra to cook it!!! That didnt include any drinks, noodles or rice either. We only had 1000baht in cash, but did have English pounds. They readily accept US dollars and other currencies, but we had to wait 20mins to get a manager to approve pounds & work out the exchange rate. By that stage we were too tired and hungry to be bothered anymore.

For 300 baht we had a fabulous meal at a small, local restaurant, and that included 2 beers, rice, noodles and more food than we could eat.. I am sure the food at the seafood restaurant would have been delicious, but when paying such prices in Bangkok, I'm happy to be served, rather than do the food shopping too.

On check-out, we were told that we had used a bottle of water from the fridge. I explained that we hadn't and had purchased bottled water at the supermarket. I was then told that the cleaner had seen an empty bottle of water in the bin, the same brand as they have in the mini-bar. I had to show the receptionist my bottled water, and it was the same brand that they stock. I then had to write a letter, explaining that I had purchased the water at a supermarket, and not taken the mini-bar one. I found this embarrasing and silly considering that that brand of water was sold at many supermarkets, and certainly not exclusive to the hotel. Also, the tally for the mini-bar remained unchanged as we hadn't used theirs.

Overall the hotel was clean and staff generally friendly. I wouldn't stay there again as I have been to other hotels in Bangkok with better service and closer to the sights we wanted.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2008

OK. Not a cheap hotel but then again, you get what you paid for.

We initially stay at the junior suite, my wife was so impressed that we ended up upgrading to one of their better suites (the deluxe I think).

It's quite roomy overall with good decor.

My only disappointment was with the buffer breakfast, not very vegetarian friendly.

Other then that it's quite good. Location wise, it's a double edged sword. It's a bit too far to walk if you want to hop onto a BTS but the hotel provides a free tuk tuk ride to the station (one way).

Of it location, there a quite a few good stores street stores near by plus a carrfore not too far away.

Good pool and gym.

They've also got private villas for four as well.

If you're on a honeymoon, you'll love this hotel.

Ka Kwok

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2008

Stayed at the Davis back in 2004 and loved it! Rooms were brand new at the time with a four poster bed and modern fixtures. The rooftop pool was small but very nice. Breakfast was outstanding with tons of fresh fruit and lots of variety.

Downside of this hotel is the location. It was far from the skytrain without much to visit in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: November 2004, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2008

I spent a couple of nights at the Davis Hotel when I travelled Thailand in December-February. Overall, the hotel offers pretty good value, nice and large rooms that are well equipped. However, the location of the hotel is far from perfect if you are planning on sightseeing. As Rama IV and Sukhumvit Rd. are one big traffic jam at almost any time of the day, it is almost impossible to reach any city location by car during the day (and most of the night).. You have to use the Skytrain most of the time, which can get a bit annoying.

Great hotel if you are in Bangkok for a fast stopover - the connection to the new airport is very good.

There are many nice hotels in Bangkok, other places such as Dream, S15 or S@S offer better value and better locations however I believe. Also, there are plenty of large places in the Sukhumvit area that are better suited ;-)

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2008

Upon check out, I was told I spilled milk on the phone!
I never even used the phone and I am lactose intolerant so I never touch milk. I t was 5 45 am and they did not allow me leave the hotel because the manager who needed to "shek" the room was busy.
I almost missed my plane. I yelled and screamed and they let me go.
Clearly a scam but be warned.

• Stayed: February 2008