1,308 results
All reviews main building au bon pain bedroom villa tuk tuk emporium mall rooftop pool skytrain station sukhumvit road wing internet baht taxis gym thai bathrobes agoda asia
Reviewed 28 February 2008

Stayed at the Davis back in 2004 and loved it! Rooms were brand new at the time with a four poster bed and modern fixtures. The rooftop pool was small but very nice. Breakfast was outstanding with tons of fresh fruit and lots of variety.

Downside of this hotel is the location. It was far from the skytrain without much to visit in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: November 2004, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2008

I spent a couple of nights at the Davis Hotel when I travelled Thailand in December-February. Overall, the hotel offers pretty good value, nice and large rooms that are well equipped. However, the location of the hotel is far from perfect if you are planning on sightseeing. As Rama IV and Sukhumvit Rd. are one big traffic jam at almost any time of the day, it is almost impossible to reach any city location by car during the day (and most of the night).. You have to use the Skytrain most of the time, which can get a bit annoying.

Great hotel if you are in Bangkok for a fast stopover - the connection to the new airport is very good.

There are many nice hotels in Bangkok, other places such as Dream, S15 or S@S offer better value and better locations however I believe. Also, there are plenty of large places in the Sukhumvit area that are better suited ;-)

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2008

Upon check out, I was told I spilled milk on the phone!
I never even used the phone and I am lactose intolerant so I never touch milk. I t was 5 45 am and they did not allow me leave the hotel because the manager who needed to "shek" the room was busy.
I almost missed my plane. I yelled and screamed and they let me go.
Clearly a scam but be warned.

• Stayed: February 2008
3  Thank allan1949
Reviewed 7 February 2008

After many trips to Bangkok, we decided to try somewhere new and was attracted to the Davis hotel by a. excellent customer feedback on several websites, b. good price through hotelclub.com c. good website with lovely pictures of facilities. d. recent advertisements, one of which quotes (I am paraphrasing) the Davis hotel is Bangkok’s first boutique hotel and is unique in every respect. The ad. also says that you can stay in one of each design room for 30 nights without staying in the same one for 30 days. Sounds tempting…

Hence I was really looking forward to our stay in a deluxe room of a unique boutique hotel. I really wish we had not gone as we spent 10 days there out of our 90 day holiday and I felt, frankly, very annoyed with the experience.

Here are my pros and cons of the Davis.

Pros
Efficient, knowledgeable high quality staff
Good facilities – pool, gym, bar, restaurants.
Nice reception area.
Room well designed for clothing storage
Spacious room.
Good discount on rack rate.
Good range of facilities around the hotel (food, coffee shops, hairdressers, etc…)

Cons
Location not good, Soi 24 Sukhumvit is not on the Greater Bangkok map and is too far from most commercial amenities/tourist attractions . Despite the skytrain and subway Bangkok is a difficult city to get around and for me a central location is very important. The hotel is about 10 minutes walk down the soi from the skytrain, and for at least 100m of this you have to walk on the road itself due to the amount of construction on the Soi. The hotel offers a free shuttle tuk tuk to the skytrain station every half an hour but this takes only 4 people and is full unless booked in advance. We enquired at 1:20pm and were told there could be one ay 1:45; instead we took a taxi at USD1. Many taxis and bikes pass by.
Our room; I was expecting a really lovely deluxe room in a leading boutique hotel. Room 412 has an adequate bathroom, but the rest of the room is below average only; indeed quite dated. Cream carpet was stained in several places and quite grey and dirty. There is a 4 poster bed in the room, otherwise nothing boutique at all in the room, very ordinary; some prints on the wall, a niche with something in it, a view of a multi-storey car park from the window, gloomy lighting….mmm not good.
This is the only 5 star hotel in Bangkok where I have not had flowers, fresh fruit, or a daily paper. I noticed other rooms at less grade than hours did have these. I was left feeling that it was because the price we got was discounted; fine if so but please tell us before we book and then we would not be so disappointed.
Internet; I am afraid this really put me in a very bad mood. Despite advertising WiFi (or at least enough to make you think of that) we discover that there is a LAN connectivity for one laptop only in the room. There is a cable to plug in; it isn’t compatible with our second lap top. WiFi is available only in the business centre and in part of the lobby. I am even more annoyed to log on and find that you have to pay for access. Over 8 days of usage for one laptop I accumulate a charge of THB 3,100 (85 USD). I think this is really excessive given the service.
I also go to the business centre to print and send a fax of 3 pages to the UK; I am told it will cost me THB 570 in total (that same day I had been to a Thai hospital and got two Xrays of my pelvis for THB 495)! Too expensive.
Pictures on the website did not represent our experience. The picture of the pool on Hotelclub is not of the main hotel pool at all. It is the pool at Baan Davis a collection of Thai villas to rent. The real pool is on the 9th floor is adequate but hardly in the same league. Many of the pictures on the website of rooms are of suites and higher grade accommodation; they do not represent the room you will get unless you have paid for these. There was one picture of our bed on the web site, but it is a real photo shoot job.
The hotel has more than 120 rooms in total and it felt very impersonal; I find this hard to reconcile with being a unique boutique hotel.
Breakfast – OK, quite crowded and noisy. Efficient staff make it happen. Good selection of hot food, fruit salads, no muesli (being vegetarian this a breakfast must for me) and a poor selection of breads. No selection of teas.
Overall, i would definitely not return here.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
9  Thank bkk1965
Reviewed 6 February 2008

We stayed here when we arrived in Bangkok and on the way back because we loved it so much.

This hotel is really well done up for Bangkok standards but not really a boutique hotel. Don't bother staying in the design room as it is the same size and no much different from the superior double room.

It is a good 15 min walk from the BTS station but the hotel operates a free shuttle every half an hour, which you have to book with the concierge. We walked back from the BTS everyday, taking a foot massage at the fabulous Nuch Massage (opposite Emporium mall on Soi 24) to work off all the coconut we consumed!!

Please stay in the main building - the spa is lovely and avail of the advice given by the very friendly staff.

Stayed: January 2007