“Always a pleasure”
Review of Above Eleven

Above Eleven
Reserve with Chope
Above Eleven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 12,537 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$ 34 - US$ 57
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Above Eleven is a rooftop restaurant & bar on the 33rd floor of the Fraser Suites Sukhumvit in Sukhumvit’s pulsating Soi 11 offering magnificent views of Bangkok's skyline. Above Eleven is the first restaurant in Bangkok serving Japanese Peruvian cuisine. Peruvian food has been generating enormous publicity over the past few years and is currently regarded as one of the top food trends in the culinary circuit. The venue has received raving review since its opening in April 2012. Diana Hubbell of Masala magazine referred to Above Eleven as "Bangkok's next big thing." Debbie Yong's review of Above Eleven in the Singapore Business Times hoped Above Eleven "Sets its eyes on Singapore next." Advanced reservations recommended. Reservation Hotline is available daily from 10am onwards.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great place to spend a night in Bangkok. Great food, drinks and service. A bit prizy, but the location and quality in mind, it is nothing. Treat yourself by being there around 18, so you can see the sunset.

Prerak S, Assistant Restaurant Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Esben C,
Thank you so much for your short and enthusiastic feedback following your recent visit Above Eleven. We are very happy to know you have completely enjoyed the place with Food and drinks.
As well enjoyed overall service.
We will have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon,
Kind regards,
Prerak Singh

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Me too! Would some emergency plan come in action? Would we be evacuated from the roof? Well, basically, no. When we where almost finished with a wonderful dinner, we saw some lightning bolts and heard the rumble of thunder.

I asked Prerak Sing Panwar, the assistant manager who was doing a terrific job in making us feel very welcome and at home. He explained to us that all Bangkok rooftop bars must have a canopy that can be closed when it rains. If necessary, about 80% of the bar could be kept dry from the rain, yet some customers choose to stand outside in the ran because, well because they are on the 32rd floor of a building in Bangkok.

I must confess, this is the first time I was very positive about my visit at Above Eleven. Whether it's because it's the first time I've actually eaten here or that the assistant manager was doing a superb job, I don't know. But my two previous visits in a length of two years didn't went well, as you can read elsewhere on Trip Advisor. One of the comments by management about my experiences then, was that, first of all, Above Eleven is a restaurant.

I think this is something to keep in consideration when you pay a visit. This is isn't a rooftop bar like, say, Lebua, where you have a very expensive cocktail bar where you mainly come to drink those expensive cocktails. This is a restaurant that haves a bar and is situated on the rooftop of a building. Just to illustrate: I saw some girls sitting in another bar at Soi 11, when we walked back to our hotel, who walked in at Above Eleven just about 20 minutes before we left.

Back to our vsit. We started at the bar with a Big Smokey Apple (nice) and Maracuja Sour (complicated, the cumin gives this drink a very special bite) cocktail. About 40 minutes later, we where relocated to a great table with an even greater view. We started of with the Above Eleven Cebiches (seabas, schrimp and fried calamaris) and the Tuna Tataki (Aji amarillo, avocado, red chili ponzu sauce). Very good! Our second cocktails where the Lavendue (both very good!) and the Inca Sour (with gin in stead of Pisco Quebranta).

We continued with the tuna taco, chicken skewers and finished of with a chocolate cheese cake. The food was great. Prerak did a really great job in giving us his recommendations, but letting us very free to choose what ever we wanted. The way he engaged with his customers, is what hospitality is all about. I did not tell him my previous visits where not that good, because I wanted him to feel free in his behaviour too.

Why such a lengthy review?

Because I've written two negative ones due to my experience. But this time wasn't just third time lucky. My aim is to always try to put things in perspective. Things can go wrong when you're in a bar or restaurant. Not nice, but it does happen. It's the way staff and you (yes, you!) try to deal with it and fix things afterwards. It's easy to point out things that don't go well, but if something is good it dserves to be mentioned too.

I don't know of Above Eleven has changed things staff wise since my last visit, but the staff was noticeably doing a better job then during my previous visits. My compliments, especially to Nui who also did a great job in serving us.

One more thing to conclude with: be advised that Gramercy Park (the top top bit, which you could access through that leafy door), is closed for renovation. Due to open in a couple of months. It is going to be something completely different than it was. I'm very curious what it well become like!

Prerak S, Assistant Restaurant Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Dan K,
Thank you for taking out time to share your experience with Above Eleven.
It's amazing to see how you have actually used the each and every word for Above Eleven With Love, it show how memorable your experience has come with us and this is so inspiring for us.
Thank you so much for appreciating our exclusive view and the cuisine.
Those kind and wonderful compliments for me and my team are so motivating.
We are most delighted to know that she anticipated your every requirement and thus ending up to give a memorable experience.
Thank you once again for your beautiful comments and We look forward to welcome you very soon. Kindly get in touch with me.
Regards
Prerak Singh

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I visited Above Eleven with my friend for dinner and drinks. We arrived at 6pm for it opening without a reservation and managed to get a seat right at the edge with a perfect view. The food was lovely and very filling and pretty reasonable for the setting. The cocktails and prosecco were also great. Our waiter, Cristian, was so attentive and helpful, everything was served with a smile. I would definitely come back the next time I’m in Bangkok.

Prerak S, Assistant Restaurant Manager at Above Eleven, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Jennifer,
Thank you very much for your visit and review at Above Eleven.
We are delighted to know that you had a great time at Above Eleven and enjoyed our Peruvian Food with amazing new innovative cocktails with outstanding view.
Thankyou for appreciating our team member Chirstian for his attentive service.
We will have the pleasure to be at your service again soon.
Regards,
Prerak singh

Reviewed 5 April 2018

nice bar to go there for some drinks didnt try the food because we already ate. nice view and good vibe

Dear Naomi1984,

Thanks you so much for such a nice review following your recent visit at Above Eleven.
We are Very kind of you to share your impressions with us, thank you very much for your positive feedback.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Regards
Prerak

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I was there for dinner,the place is wonderful on the rooftop when you can see very well the city around.
I ate sushi and drunk some beers,the quality was very good and price like in Europe.

Dear Plegga,
Thank you very much for your visit and review. We are delighted to know that you had a great time at Above Eleven.
Thankyou for appreciating our Food specially (Sushi) and quality of product.
We like to inform you our price is affordable comparing with any other good roof top bar and very much value for money.
We will have the pleasure to be at your service again soon.

Regards,