Nouvo City Hotel
Agoda.com
US$ 70
US$ 64
Trip.com
Eastin Hotel Makkasan(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$ 59
US$ 497
Official Site
All reviewsgrand palacebusy hotelkoh san roadthree nightswing
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed here for 1 night at the start and end of my Intrepid Tour (2 nights total).

On both occasions my rooms were infested with bedbugs, I captured one in a glass and took it to reception who offered to upgrade my room IF I WANTED TO PAY $40 AUD. I paid the $40AUD (total rip off) and was given a room up on a higher floor with no bed bugs (what a luxury).

Same scenario on my return trip however my tour guide was able to negotiate a free upgrade. While we were packing up, the hotel staff brought some insect spray in and sprayed around the bed. Ewww.

I would never stay at this filthy hotel again. Book elseware if your tour starts or ends here.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, ask for a room on a high floor, they seem to not be infested with bedbugs!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sallie032
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The hotel is extremely old! location is ok, 5 minutes away from Khaosan Rd.
sheets had holes and stains, pillows as hard as rock. breakfast non existent. air-conditioner was as big as a civic and very noisy. out of all hotels we stayed at in Bangkok this one was the worst.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mariushka63
Reviewed 6 March 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay happily and sleep happily and wanted to keep in touch with your friends and family, this is a nice place to stay. Me and my family are quite picky about where we will stay, we have stayed in many famous hotel in Bangkok which were told by the "word of mouth" but most of them turned out to be terrifying. Once, I swear that I paid such a great amount of money to stay in a room with termites! But when I came here at New World City Hotel, it is like the first impression, the people are so kind and they are willingly to service you at their best. Food is very good and the place is surrounded by many popular tourist sites so you should not be afraid that you will not have a place to go in the night. Free high speed wifi access code. I can't believe that I will get a great room with low cost. I'm so happy to find this great hotel!! No insects, local cuisine, great room services!

Room Tip: Ask for deluxe rooms (rooms on lower floor, the upper is the superior which is cheaper) :) I'm sure you'll be satisfied with it!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Ok. So I was there for helping out a music festival and I spent almost a week there.
This hotel is old but being old is not an issue if they provided good service and anything else.
But this hotel, is, just not worth it.
I usually not enjoy reviewing negative comments about things but this hotel is just not the hotel you want to stay if you are around the area. Its totally not worth the price. the service is bad. While I was there everytime at the front desk there're always customers saying about their issues like the air con. is not working, the light is not working, and etc...
I also face an issue of air con is not working properly, also the next night the air con is just broke down. and the really bad thing about this hotel is TERRIBLE breakfast. The food is more like something that was leftover from last night dinner. Rice, some badlooking and tasting side menu like stir fry veggies, fried DRY eggs, sucky waffles, almost-go-wrong (decay) roman lettuce for salad (out of their 3 veggies items of salad: lettuce, onion, tomatoes) and bad dressing, the coffee is bad (im gonna go on with this breakfast thing because you know its the first thing that could make up your good mood for the day, I mean for me if I had a good breakfast, Im most likely to be a happy girl all day so breakfast is a big deal for me). OKAY so its bad. for breakfast. oh and even the buffet dinner. its bad.
This hotel is bad in every aspect, just. DONT GO THERE. ok.

PS: they have sister hotel which is NOUVO CITY HOTEL. and they provide the same set of breakfast. so. same. not worth the price. just try to stay out of these two hotel because the service is bad. they have only on receptionist, and the customer complaint a lot about their mistaking of booking the room and else.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Terrible value for the price. We found burrowing insects on us after our showers, and were moved to a worse room without any kind of explanation or apology. Low-end buffet style breakfast like you'd find at a Denny's in the US. You're better off spending this kind of money at another hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple