New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of President Solitaire

President Solitaire
Ranked #357 of 839 Hotels in Bangkok
New Delhi
“Theft issues in the hotel!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I checked out from the hotel yesterday. had stayed there for two nights. Since we had to cover few shopping areas, we checked out an hour before scheduled time ( at 11 AM) I requested them to take care of my baggage till 5 pm before I would collect it for the Airport. all was well till I found out on reaching my country that I had two pair of shoes missing. One of them being the one I wore from Phuket to Bangkok and did not touch them till I repacked for checkout. It was my mistake that I did not countercheck while packing but what I really did was to check every nook and corner of the room for any leftover stuff. Its ridiculous how these things are missing. Just in case the housekeeping had found it in the room while cleaning, they knew that I would be here to collect my baggage at 5 pm. After reaching home I instantly called the hotel and they promised to mail me the status but I have been waiting since then. Apart from these minor issues the place is a good value for money. breakfast was terrible.. the quality of their Juice was ad. I am sure it wasn't even a real Juice.. it felt like some flavored fruit beverage with preservatives... cmon.. thats the last thing I want to start my day with!!! I hope my review is helpful but I don't want to take anything away from the hotel as far as the value for money quotient is concerned.. At this price I would surely return here..

Room Tip: go for the suite on the higher floors.. try for corner. the view is beautiful!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kennedy K, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear pute2012,

Good day!

Thank you for your review through TripAdvisor.

Regarding your shoes, as you are aware already, my staff sent you the email early morning yesterday, right after your phone conversation with them, to confirm that the shoes are with us for safe-keeping. This you have also acknowledged. Our Executive Housekeeper also sent a separate email message to you. We are just waiting for your response regarding mailing address and we shall expedite sending the shoes to you.

Our apologies if there was any confusion. The matter is now clear, as you mentioned in your email to my staff.

On your net visit to Bangkok, we do hope to see you again in President Solitaire.

Kind regards,
Kennedy Kapulong
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Overall a pretty good experience. I booked a platinum suite in President Solitaire for mid April. Upon arrival we were given complimentary drinks which was nice. However not long after we were informed of a delay in readying our room, even though we had arrived exactly on 2pm. We were informed 40 minutes was the wait, then we would have our room. After 50 minutes went by, we were informed it would be another 30 minutes. For a 5 star hotel, I wasn't too happy.

Once we got into our room, we were pretty excited. The room, or rooms, was massive. The king size bed was the softest I had slept on in Thailand (the Thai seem to like hard beds!) The large spa bath was also a nice touch, but like another reviewer said at times it is annoying not having a separate shower facility. Every day our room was cleaned thoroughly, even toilet paper folded. Things like cutlery and glasses were also cleaned and put back into storage within our kitchenette. The only disappointed was only one towel upon arrival. Even after being told by staff another would come, it never did. Overall happy with the room and service, aside from the missing towel.

However, the hotel is showing age. For example our room:
- One light bulb not working
- One powerpoint did not work and sparked (dangerous!)
- The room keycard holder which activates electricity in the room did not work. Electricity was on all the time.
- Part of the shower/spa taps was broken
- A door into the plumbing area was broken and therefore could be opened to reveal the plumbing
- Sound proofing around the windows was not that good. We also stayed in the Ibis on Soi 4 and it was much better

However positives of the hotel include:
- Fantastic breakfast. Plenty of options and good quality food.
- Fantastic door staff. They would really do anything for you.
- BIG rooms

The location of the hotel is good. The complimentary tuktuk service is also very useful. The Nana BTS station is only a 10 minute walk or a few minute tuktuk ride.

Overall our hotel stay was good. Whilst the hotel isn't exactly new, the price you pay reflects this. The size of the rooms and the breakfast would definitely encourage me to come back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DougAUS1
Dear DougAUS1,

Warm greetings from President Solitaire!

I am glad you were satisfied and happy from your recent stay with us. I will forward this information to my team and let them know that another satisfied guest is added to our list.

Our rooms are larger than other hotels in the area. We have furnished our suites with kitchenette, small dining area, complete with utensils and cutleries, full-size fridge, microwave oven and hot plates.

Thank you for your positive comments.
We wish to welcome you back to our doors very soon!

Best regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

My family used the hotel on 2 occasions during our recent holiday in Thailand. On both occasions we where we'll treated by the Hotel staff and our rooms where spacious, clean and very comfortable.

The breakfast offer was very good and we enjoyed dining at the hotel during Songkran so we didn't get soaked any more!!

Location is perfect just set back from the main Sukhumvit Rd and only a short drive to the airport.

Already planning our return to the kingdom and this hotel will be in our next itinary.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Team President Solitaire!

On behalf of all my staff, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor. And we are most grateful that you had a wonderful stay with us. We take pride of our friendly and helpful staff who are always on hand to assist every guest.

On your next visit to Bangkok, we do hope to welcome you back to our hotel.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Newmarket, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

Last week I stayed at the President Solitaire for four days and absolutely enjoyed every moment. My apartment type was a platinum suite complete with an excellent two seater jacuzzi tub. The suite/apartment was both spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed and bed linen. All the usual appliances were available in the kitchenette area and the safe deposit box was both easy to operate and of a decent size.
Every staff member I came into contact with at this establishment was polite, courteous and always ready and willing to offer me assistance in what ever way they could like the time I noticed the bathroom did not have a toilet douche hose which these days I find quite essential. I mentioned this to reception and next day the maintenance department had one fitted...I was of course both impressed and delighted.
Only one aspect was slightly annoying and that was having the shower in the jacuzzi tub as opposed to a separate walk in high pressure facility however, that would not necessarily put me off booking a platinum suite again because the jacuzzi had plenty of use.
Breakfast was of the buffet type with both western and eastern choices of cuisine and a chef on standby cooking your eggs and omelette to order.
The swimming pool and sun lounge area was also very acceptable.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Trexmid
Dear Trexmid,

Good day!

We are most grateful to you for sharing your most recent experience with us. And my team will be happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your comments will be useful to other travellers who are looking for alternative accommodations in Bangkok.

We hope that you will continue to support our hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Rancho Mirage, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

President Solitaire is a great hotel, good location and friendly staff. We had a huge room with a kitchen, microwave and stove. Big bathroom with fluffy towels and nice robes. The buffet breakfast was also excellent with lots of choices both hot and cold. They used their little tuktuk to get us closer to the skytrain and picked us up again when we got back. They also took us to a tailor when we asked to find a good one. Items in the fridge were reasonably priced as was the room service menu. Pool was nice and the rate was great. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner room was big and sunlit
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DKD93
Kennedy K, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear DKD93,

Thank you for posting your review about your most recent stay at President Solitaire.
We are glad you had a wonderful stay, and satisfied with our services.

Our rooms are relartively larger than other hotels in the area. The rooms are also equipped with small kitchen, cutleries and kitchen utensils, full-size fridge, and small dining area. Our tuktuk can drop off and pick up guests within the vicinity (shopping centers, skytrain & subway stations, bars, restaurants, hospital).

On your next visit to Bangkok, we look forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel.
Thank you for your support.

Kindest regards,