“A little attention to detail would help.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of President Solitaire

President Solitaire
Ranked #370 of 843 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“A little attention to detail would help.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed in this hotel in mid February for two nights. A mixed stay this time, I have been there many times. This place has been good to me in the past, but I have noticed that there seems to be a little lack of attention to detail during my last trip.
Firstly my room wasn't ready on arrival. No big deal, but as it was 4.00pm I would have thought my room would have been ready. Went down to Soi 11 for a beer whilst I room was readied, returned to the hotel an hour later.
When I returned reception advised that my room was ready. Upon entering my room, I immediately noticed that all that had been done was a quick tidy up! No new sheets, a WET towel on the rail, and obvious odors from the previous guest remained. Not a good start, but I was too stuffed to do anything about it.
Once I crawled into the not-so-fresh bed, I was further alarmed by the conditions of the sheets. Ripped, stained and not very white. I just couldn't sleep on them, so I wrapped the cover around myself instead.

This place is usually OK. Not sure what has happened there. Would recommend only as a last choice.

Room Tip: The higher up the better. Great views available.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kennedy K, General Manager at President Solitaire, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Dear Thekman1964,

Good day!

We appreciate your valuable comments about our property. Thank you for letting us know of your feedback. With this, please allow me to apologize for the delay on your check in. And about the linens & towels, I have called the attention of the concerned department already to ensure standard set up is always followed. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Please do give us another chance to be of service to you again.
Let us know your requirements and we shall handle those for you in detail.

We hope to see you again in President Solitaire.

Kennedy Kapulong
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Castleford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

me and my partner stayed in one of the jacuzzi suites, perfect

we stayed 2 nights then headed to the islands in the south then back to this hotel for our last night (which we hadn't planned to do)

even though the first night they hadnt got the room we booked, we werent at all unhappy with the rooms or service

the next time I am in bangkok this is where I will stay without doubt

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CptChunderpants
Dear CptChunderpants,

Greetings from President Solitaire!

We highly appreciate your positive comments about our facilities and services. I have forwarded your message to my team and they are all glad to know you had a great stay with us.

Our Platinum Suites are equipped with an in-room jacuzzi and boast of a spacious room measuring about 74sqm. This gives more comfort and convenience to guests, more space to move around. Our suites are also equipped with kitchenettes and small dining area to enjoy your own meals as you like them.

On your next visit to Bangkok, we hope to welcome you back to President Solitaire!

Best regards,
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

When you will start thinking that your taxi driver may lost in this off road, you will find this hotel at last. After your registration as a hotel guest, they will give you a coupon to collect your welcome drink from the bar. It looks very strange to me, I am always used to get the welcome drink at front desk. My overall experience about this hotel is good.

I liked :

1. Price is affordable low for a longer stay.
2. Free cancellation policy with 24 hours notice only.
3. Free Wi-Fi in lobby and room.
4. Room is specious, well decorated.
5.Amenities are good standard.
6. Though in a off road, but still it is Sukumvit area, so finding some nightlife is easy.
7. Hotel offer free one way Tuktuk ride from hotel to Bumrungrad hospital and Robionson store.
8. Breakfast is not bad, but they can add few more European menu.
9. The vallet service and general staffs are wel behaved.

Little disappointments:
1. Front desk efficiency and attitude is not up to the mark. These guys should be more wel behaved and faster.

My over all experience about this hotel is good. Most of the staffs are friendly, helpful. They always greeted my little one when we were going out or coming back.

I recommended this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear DhakaPagla,

Good day!

Your feedback is valuable to us, and we thank you for sharing them through TripAdvisor.

President Solitaire always looks into good value for money for our guests, accompanied by warm and hospitable service by our staff. We thank you for recognizing our efforts and we are sure that your comments will prove useful to travellers around the worl looking for alternative accommodation in Bangkok.

We hope to welcome you back very soon to President Solitaire!

Kind regards,
Lincoln, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We booked a suite at the hotel for 2 weeks and as a regular vistor to Thailand all i can say about this hotel in general is selling something its not!!
1) Welcome drink?? ( No drink!)
2) Happy Hour? small selection of drinks...and no wine! and when we ordered the drinks the barman had to double check they where included in the price...10mins later..all i got was yes what do you want to drink? also by the way same barman..eating behind the bar..no a good look!!
3) Afternoon tea and coffee..well thats it...just a cup of tea or coffee!
4) Room serviced at about 4pm each day...?
5) Rooms old and worn and needs a refit

Now to top it all of whilst there my father in law became very ill and thus we had to fly back to the UK early, so i went to reception to explain and this is where is got even worse!
i was told i had to pay the full 2 weeks stay...wrong! i was then told i needed to put in writting the reason why we where gioing home (how bad is that)
No top managment came out to speak to me.. and the duty manager ( just smiled and shrugged his shoulders!)
And said he need to ask for a letter as the owner would want to know why we left early!!
the young girl behind the reception was the only person who agreed with me..but said there was nothing she could do to help.
the following day i spoke to another duty manger who could do noting but say he was very sorry..and then said we didnt have to pay anymore money..as we had given 24hrs notice!
Thats the responce i would expect..

Overall its a 2 star passing itself of as a 4/5 star they need to learn from other hotels around like the Landmark 5mins away who know what club floor mean!

for cheap and location its fine...now you will see a reply from the owner below... as he allways replys..strangly never to be seen in person and the replies are same same...avoid this place if you want something special.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank phillip c
Dear phillip c,

Warm greetings from President Solitaire!

We have investigated on the comments you have mentioned through TripAdvisor. It was a matter of miscommunication with the staff. With this, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We understand you got upset and we hope that we can make it up to you. The staff concerned was already reprimanded and given proper guidance to always follow proper hotel standard policies. Rest assured that your feedback shall not be taken lightly. My team is working on their respective departments, finding ways to resolve this issue.

We hope that you will give us another chance to be of service to you again.
Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime, let us know your requirements and we shall handle them in detail.

Bundaberg, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I loved staying there! Staff is very nice and helpful, the rooms are big, clean and have the feeling of luxury. Breakfast was great, pool area nice. One night we had room service and that was fast ,reasonable and very tasty. I look forward staying there again .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family