14 people are viewing this hotel
Travelocity$125
travelup.com$126
Destinia.com$127
12,178 results
All reviews krungthep wing horizon club the river chi spa shang palace health club the main hotel balcony room lobby lounge breakfast buffet wonderful hotel bts station tuk tuk aoi oui train chao
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2022 via mobile

He did our 24hr quarantine here on 18th December 2021. We arrived into Bangkok around 8pm. Our pick up and transfer from the airport was perfect. On arrival our luggage was sanitised, we were given our PCR tests outside the hotel, quickly checked in and shown to our rooms (as there were 5 of us, in line with restrictions, we had to take 3 rooms). Each room was outstanding. Yes, perhaps it was more traditional than the main hotel, but WOW! Huge rooms, super comfy giant beds, small balcony overlooking river, sofas… after our long journey we couldn’t have asked for more. Room service was tasty. By 8am the following morning we had received our negative results and were transferred to the main hotel where we were able to get into our new rooms. Breakfast was amazing, pool area lovely.
Big shout out to the concierge who arranged restaurant reservations, taxis and private boat trips during our stay. We forgot a pair of shoes and the hotel mailed them to Phuket for us.
I would return here in a heartbeat and would 100% recommend. Thank you Shangri-la!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Grace H
Communications SLBK, Other at Shangri-La Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2022

Dear Grace H,

Thank you very much for choosing Shangri-La Bangkok for the Test & Go package.

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at both the Krungthep Wing and the Shangri-La Wing.
We are happy that we achieved our purpose in creating the perfect Shangri-La moments for you and your party. This means so much to our team that you would recommend our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2022 via mobile

I had an excellent Test & Go experience at the ShangriLa Bangkok. I paid a little more for their Test & Go package than I could have at most other hotels, but the extremely efficient experience was so worth it. Their staff is top notch. The staff responded to email correspondence promptly. I had a private driver waiting for me on arrival at BKK and the hotel vehicle had plexi-glass between the driver and the rest of the van. Having a private driver was important to me (under the Test & Go program, one must take hotel arranged transportation). My plane arrived at 11pm and I arrived at the hotel just before midnight. As I exited the vehicle at the entrance of the wing of the hotel dedicated to "quarantine" guests only, my COVID test was taken immediately curbside by a nurse. I might add that both a nasopharyngeal (nose) & throat swab are taken. Two minutes and I was done! I checked into my room at the front desk and was escorted up to my room with my luggage. My room and bath were both very spacious and had everything that one could need. That said, they were quite dated and could do with "a breath of fresh air". The room was missing convenient bedside access for a phone charger without having to move furniture to access an electric socket. The riverside balcony was nice to have, however, there were no screens on the balcony doors. Room service is limited hours only; no 24 hour room service vailable. The hotel gives you only 2 options for breakfast time, I think it is either 8 or 9am. I had no choice of breakfast. A tray was put outside of my room on a table at the designated time. I was notified by the doorbell. I received a very disappointing Western style breakfast (complete with beans). To be fair there was a very nice plate of local fruit included. I would have so liked to have had an Asian breakfast option. About 10 am I received a call with my negative test results and was told that I could check out whenever I was ready. The elevators are locked and you aren't given a room key, so you need to call the front desk and wait for someone to escort you down if you want to leave for a while, once you are given the all clear. In summary, the ShangriLa staff members were very professional and treated me very kindly. I felt in very good hands during my experience at the Bangkok ShangriLa. I should add that the hotel is in a very interesting riverside neighborhood. There are many interesting places to explore nearby once you get off of the beaten path... (I stay around here often when in Bangkok).
I highly recommend ShangriLa Bangkok for its efficent and well managed Test & Go experience.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank TinaTravelstheWorld
Communications SLBK, Other at Shangri-La Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2022

Dear TinaTravelstheWorld,

Thank you very much for taking your time to describe your wonderful experience with the Test & Go package at the Krungthep Wing.

Please rest assured that your comprehensive feedback on our room facilities and breakfast has been shared with our hotel's management team to ensure the necessary actions are implemented to improve our services and facilities.

Please allow me to share your compliments to the Krungthep Wing team for their hard work and passion for our valued guests like you.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience in the Bangkok riverside.

Reviewed 8 January 2022 via mobile

Good location, Good Spa, Good services

Good place for weekend Getaway. Effortless as I don’t have to get out of BKK, while still able to enjoy relaxing atmosphere.

K.New, therapist at Chi spa is good, friendly & professional. I really like the massage and treatment.

At the restaurant, K Yuwannee & Supot helped me for vegetarian options, beyond the menu list without I am asking for. I appreciate the assurance.

The smiles and good services from staff at Shangri-la boost up my energy. I wish you have a good time, too when u come over.

Cheers!

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Communications SLBK, Other at Shangri-La Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2022

Dear Amm A,

Thank you for your recent review of Bangkok’s riverside stay. It is great to hear your positive comments about our hotel.

I am pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and you were touched by the heartwarming services of our colleagues, Khun New, Khun Yuwannee, and Khun Supt who have brought a magical Shangri-La experience to you.

We wish to welcome you again on other occasions.

Reviewed 7 January 2022

The hotel opened in 1986 and it still looks very 1980s.

They made a mistake in my reservation. The staycation included a credit of 2500THB for one night. To me it was obvious that the credit would 5000THB if I booked 2 nights instead of one - the rate was exactly the same for each night. I had to argue at the front desk and the duty manager agreed on 2 times 2500THB as I stayed 2 nights.

They have no cigar smoking sessions, they don’t sell any cigars etc. They simply send you outside to smoke your cigars! Non-smokers will appreciate this but not cigar smokers!

I had to go to the Oriental next door to buy cigars!

No coffee machine in the room. I asked for one and they turned me down despite the fact I had a premium balcony room. It is only when they saw I was upset that they brought one.

There was no turndown service!

At tea time, I ordered a cappuccino and they forgot me, I eventually got it but it was more a caffe Latte than a Cappuccino.

At breakfast I ordered a cheese omelette and they forgot the cheese!

There is a large fitness club with jacuzzi, sauna and wet sauna. The swimming pool is divided into 2 sections, one for swimmer and another one for kids and/or non-swimmer.

Date of stay: November 2021
Communications SLBK, Other at Shangri-La Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2022

Dear FranckJa,

Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay at Shangri-La Bangkok.

We are disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered during your stay and thank you for your comprehensive feedback on our services and facilities. Please allow me to clarify the following points:

• The dining credit for your package is indeed per stay and not per night.
• The automatic coffee machine is the standard set-up in all suites. For other room categories, including the Deluxe Balcony Room, the coffee and tea making equipment is available in the room.

We sincerely apologise if your Shangri-La experience fell short of expectations regarding the points you have mentioned, and it is certainly not what we would like our valued guests to experience while staying with us. Please rest assured that your comments have already been shared with our hotel’s management team to ensure the necessary actions are implemented to improve our services and facilities. At Shangri-La, we are committed to finding the very best way to further enhance our guest experience.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. I hope you will give us another opportunity to reassure you of our commitment to serve you flawlessly and regain your trust in our brand. Please do contact me directly via my email at joanne.chung@shangri-la.com for any further assistance you may require in your future visit.

Reviewed 5 January 2022

One of the best hotels I have stayed in. Excellent service throughout. Had a riverside view - which was superb, not sure city side is as good though. Breakfast had ton of options, many for my liking and this is not what happens frequently. Location is also very convenient, next to Skytrain and Iconsiam mall just on the other side of the river. Room was big had everything I needed, facilities are all clean and well maintained.

Room tip: Pick a riverside view room.
1  Thank MVP020

Dear MVP020,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Shangri-La Bangkok.

We are happy to read that you had an excellent time with us during your stay and enjoyed our attentive services. We assure you that we will continue to show our valued guests the Shangri-La service standards so that your next stay with us will be another enjoyable one.

Thank you again for your kind compliments and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.