ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
1,098 results
All reviews walking distance indra square night market city view platinum mall central world street food shopping sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We booked a family room and we were impressed with the size. Great size room and reasonable service, though through a stuff up from our travel agent we were promised b'fast in the executive dining room, but was on the general dining restaurant. The food in the hotel was the only bad thing.

However, customer service is not of a Ramada standard! If you generally stay at a Ramada (as I do for business) do not expect the same standard you are used to. They tried to charge me for a local phone call to check a booking as the recipient of the call only spoke Thai. The cost was USD4. Ridiculous.

Room tip: Great rooms, Eat elswhere, and dont expect service from concierge or front desk
1  Thank KelvinA_11
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I stayed here with my daughter for 4nights.Location good,not to far from shopping and train station to MBK.Never felt unsafe walking in the area at night.Staff not very helpful and friendly.Rooms good.Beds very comfortable.Bathroom well stocked, even a scale.Bathrobe and slippers in room. The rooms are non smoking,but we smelled smoke quite often. Breakfast was very good with a big variety.I wouldn't mind staying here again.

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Had stayed previously at the 'Pathumwan Princess' and I wish I rebooked there! I selected the secret deal on wotif.com.au for this as it said it was a 'great location' ummm NO...it was in the scummiest part of Bangkok, not close to anything! Was about a 10 minute ride to MBK and further for the temples etc. The hotel itself was nice, not overly exciting but nice enough. The rooms were clean and basic.I expected more for it being. 'Ramada'...maybe they just stole the name. The pool was ok, again nothing exciting. The female staff weren't overly nice but the males were friendly. If you are going to stay anywhere, make sure it is in Siam or the Sukhumvit area!! It was a bit of a downer coming from such a nice hotel beforehand.

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank misskylie29
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Just outside you can always get a taxi or tuk tuk. a short walk along a soi ( laneway ) and you will find markets. pleasant experience with booking sightseeing and lovely included buffet breakfast. The meals by the pool were value for money in a hotel but of cause you can always get cheeper down the soi and 711 is outside to purchase drinks cheeply. The bed was hard and even when we asked for a pad our request was ignored. Only a smoking room was available however it did not smell of stale cig. smoke and no odours reached our room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We booked into this hotel on the basis of the reviews on TA but were sorely disappointed. The room was fine but the hotel is not as close to transport as it seems. I was surprised that we needed to get a courtesy car to the train station since the hotel was supposed to be so close to the station and when we tried to book the car for my 73 year old mother we were told that she had to get a taxi because we didn't book it the day before (for a 11pm flight). Since she'd only booked in for one night I was disappointed they didn't tell us to book the car at check in. The bits of breakfast that were meant to be cold were OK but the bits that were supposed to be hot were inedible. Lots of street food nearby though. Our second day we got back to the hotel in 37 degree heat after getting lost, because the hotel is marked wrongly on the map they gave us, only to find the swimming pool closed for a function - with absolutely no warning. A pool was top of my requirements when booking a hotel in Bangkok so very very disappointed with this hotel and won't be back to the Ramada next time we are in this wonderful city.

3  Thank Fran B