“great loc, extremely good value”
Review of Jasmine City Hotel

Jasmine City Hotel
Ranked #273 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
New York City, New York
“great loc, extremely good value”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I stayed at Jasmin during the low season and had a very spacious suite with an excellent view of BKK. I booked from the hotel's website and the overall value at something like 120 USD is really difficult to beat given the size of the room and the location. It's less than a five minute walk to the Asoke BTS station, there's a 24 hour restaurant right outside the front door, as 7/11s and street food vendors. If you're looking for night life Soi Cowboy is just 20 or so yards away- this and the Grand Millenium Sukhumvit or the best options, this being the better value. The layout of the hotel with the entrance leading directly to the elevators and the lobby being on the 10th floor is also ideal- you don't bother people as you come and go at night and they don't bother you. If you are not particularly looking for night life the hotel is professionally managed and you can be sure your stay (or family's stay) will not be hampered by the partiers and their noise while still having your stay livened up by BKK's one of kind scene. (However if seeing things like oddly matched couples having breakfast in the morning bothers you you're better off with a hotel far away from Sukhumvit).

There were a few things I saw in the room and around the facilities that needed to be repaired, the worst being a large stain on the carpet when you get off the elevator on I think the 21st floor. Those were the only issues I had with an otherwise perfect stay. I doubt I will stay anywhere else in BKK.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank henrysvvanson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Savannakhet, Laos
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I have stayed here many times, but have also tried at least 30 other hotels in Bangkok. I keep coming back to Jsmine City as it has so many things going for it; It is very close to both MTS and BTS trains, just cross the road and then you can get to either by walking undercover, great during the monsoon. The pool is good and not crowded. The rooms are big, clean, new, and quiet. Staff are very friendly, prices are good (book before you go, the walk-in rates are high) and there are many choices of where to eat. There is heaps of streetfood in the area, a good pizza/pasta place, subway, 7/11 all within 2 minutes walk of the hotel, plus of course the hotel food. Soi cowboy is less than 3 minutes walk, and the hotel is visitor friendly, although security is still very good as you need your room key to activate the elevators.

Room Tip: Consider upgrading to the Jacuzzi room, it is only a few dollars extra and worth every cent!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Booked a one bedroom deluxe suite, separate shower and bath kitchenette, lounge and separate bedroom. Room is serviced everday and very clean. Free Wi Fi and computers in their two loby areas with plenty of seats.

Room service and Restuarants good value much cheaper than other simular hotels.

Very close to MRT and BTS Asoke very short walk to both

We stayed here for three weeks with no complaints

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Jasmine Executive Suite & Hotel is conveniently located on the Sukhumvit and Asoke junction, minutes away from the sky train and the subway stations.
The area is busy day and night (traffic in the morning is heavy though).
From the higher floors one can enjoy a nice urban view of the city.
We booked a two bedroom suite which conveniently accommodated two adults and three teens.
The rooms are well equipped, including a complete kitchen.
The hotel has a nice small swimming pool and gym, offers breakfast and free internet in the lobby only.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
DeKalb, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This was my 3rd trip to Bangkok within the last year because my girlfriend is Thai and lives there. I stayed in this hotel on the advice of a friend who spoke highly of it. The location is great and the room (I had a superior suite) was nice and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the AC worked really well. I liked the room a lot. The kitchen area was small but fully equipped. I did not cook though. The only issue was the kitchen table was tiny and when my girlfriend and I ate there we were really pressed for space.

My complaints are that my girlfriend felt very disrespected when she came to visit me the first day by the staff. She said they were very curt and not helpful. She thinks they took her for a prostitute since the hotel is on the next street over from Soi Cowboy so they showed her little respect. She was in tears and I was furious. She begged me not to speak with the manager though I wish I had. The hot water did not work in my room for 3 days and on two occassions I called the front desk and they sent over a technician who supposedly fixed the problem...but he didn't. The third time I called the guy finally fixed it. I shouldn't have to take cold showers because the maintenance guy is incompetent.

The internet costs 350 baht in the room which is about 12 USD. I thought this was a little too much so I chose not to pay for it. They have free internet in the lobby but it was down several times I tried to use it and when it was working it was very slow. They are also doing renovations in the lobby and it always smelled like paint fumes and the sound of banging could be heard all day and into the night. Finally, on my last day I was in my room packing my things and at 11:30am (checkout is at 12:00pm) a woman from the front desk called and asked if I was checking out that day. I thought that showed poor customer service because obviously I booked the room until that day and I had another 30 minutes to check out. I thought it was quite rude. The staff overall was not terribly friendly nor did they smile. They really need some training on how to be effective in the service industry. I will not stay there again nor recommend it to any friends.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo