3,194 results
All reviews blue lighting separate buildings second building rooftop pool sukhumvit road main building bathroom door terminal mall asok station breakfast buffet boutique hotel enjoyed my stay few minutes walk mini bar tuk tuk deluxe room flava
Reviewed 5 February 2012

As impossible as it might sound this hotel found a way to hire unfriendly Thai staff. I had a jerk of a night desk manager at check in, who was arrogant about the fact that THIS HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE IN-ROOM WIFI, despite the fact it says otherwise when you're booking.

For around the same price you can stay at Aloft, which also has a nice modern feel and fast Internet in the rooms.

Don't waste your $ on this place, it's also split into two buildings so you have to cross a busy street to get breakfast or go to the gym or pool. The location is not a quick walk to the BTS but rather a long one as its between the Asoke and Nana stops and off of Sukhumvit in some back soi.

Stay somewhere else. There are so many good places in BKK.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank 12TrueBlue
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here after staying at 5 star hotels around the area, considering this is rated as 4 plus star, for value and service this is tops for me. The quality of the rooms and amenities I found far superior to the established 5 star hotels I had stayed in. Rooms still felt new and fresh with high quality main fittings, and were blissful to sleep in which I found very quiet. The wifi was excellent very high speed and free! Breakfast's variety was an added suprise. The pool side was tastfully cool and fresh. Dream is convieniently located very near the BTS and also the newest megamall in Bangkok "terminal 21" as well as "Smile" and other expat dental clinics.
Dream has a personal touch of excellent service, and an eye for detail. This does not happen by luck but by superior management systems which is evident everywhere. I like the style it has, one can goto a mainstream hotel and it could be anywhere in the world. With this Dream its only in Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank 815Alex
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Had a two night stay here before flying to Phuket.

Hotel was conveniently located to enable us to explore Bangkok in a short space of time. Very close to a Skytrain (Rail) Terminal allowing access to most of Bangkok. Located on Soi 15, which is kind of near to the Red Light area of Bangkok where you will find the Go Go Bars and the famous 'Ping Pong' shows. Well worth a look for those inquisitive people amongst you.

For the shoppers amongst you, there were malls nearby and hundreds of curb-side street sellers selling the same things such as counterfeit jeans, boxers shorts, belts, t-shirts, wallets, sunglasses. In fact everything!

I recommend dining at some of the street sellers that cook the most amazing flavoursome noodle dishes, Pad Thai and meat and fish meals for nothing more than £2. Washed down with a Chang Beer, these are perfect. For those who arent as adventurous, there are plenty of restaurants to cater for any taste.

The hotel was clean, comfortable and cheap. It does try to be a boutique, ultra-modern hotel but in some areas can be a bit too tacky for european tastes if you know what I mean. Rooms were of average size and beds were good.

The roof top swimming pool located at Dreams Two across the road was quite quaint and a nice place to get away. Although the pool side bar was a rip-off so I would avoid it.

Breakfast was good and you can ask the chef to cook your eggs to your preference or even an omlette. There is plenty of fresh juices and fruits if you do not wish to have a fry up.

One thing worth mentioning was the amount of old european men walking in and out of the hotel with very young Thai ladies. We all know what for, but it kind of gave you a bit of a seedy feel when you see it so blatantly. However, I guess its what you should expect in this area of Bangkok.

Some great advice that I really cannot stess enough. ALWAYS WAVE A TAXI DOWN AND ASK FOR THEM TO RUN THE METER BEFORE YOU GET IN. DO NOT ACCEPT A FIXED PRICE AS YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF. FOLLOE THIS ADVICE OR YOU WILL LEARN THE HARD WAY!!! Do not pick up a cab from outside a hotel as they will charge triple the fee.

Enjoy bangkok...it really is an experience you wont forget!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room in Dream 1 rather than Dream 2.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank n1cknick
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Very very nice hotel.Very different to all the hotels I have stayed in Bangkok.this hotel has big bright blue lights around the flora and the roof.Very retro which I really liked,and most of all the breackfast is at a very high standard will be definitely staying here again thanks dream hotel.

Room Tip: Very good location,book breackfast food is excellent
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank bestrootever
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Modern, small rooms but clean. Too many blue lights! bathroom door couldn’t close. Noise from the 2nd floor wedding party kept me awake. Pool on 11th floor in Dream Two just over the road from Dream One. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to enjoy but it looked quite nice.

Breakfast ok. Staff helpful but didn’t really understand too much English although more than I can understand Thai. We were due back to Bangkok later but chose not to rebook here.

We booked a mini bus through the local agent just up the road from Dream to take us all the way to Koh Chang. The company who took us were Sea Horse Travel Koh Chang. The bus was full. We had been told that the journey would take about 4.5 hours. After approx 3 hours and a couple of comfort breaks we stopped to let off some passengers and pick up some more from Koh Samet. This added 1.5 hours to our journey. We had not been informed of this stop over. Due to this the journey was over 6 hours. Luckily we did not have to wait long for the ferry from Trat to Koh Chang. The cost was approx £25 each. We had some trouble with a Thai passenger who made the journey a nightmare. She was handed a list of the passengers names and hotel information by the driver which is totally unethical in my opinion. I would not recommend this way of travel if you can avoid it. I will do a separate review for Koh Chang.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple