“Excellent Value”
Review of Dream Bangkok

Dream Bangkok
Ranked #92 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I've stayed at The Dream twice, once about 5 years ago soon after it opened and a second time about a month ago and I have to say for the cost what you get there is excellent. Great location on a quiet soi, just off Sukhumvit, nice comfortable rooms with good amenities that they must renovate often because given the 5 years between stays my room 1 month ago was identical in condition as when I stayed there 5 years earlier. Very pleasant and helpful staff ( the porter that came to my room with my bags actually remembered me from 5 years ago, Amazing!), a nice restaurant and even a pool. During the long break between stays I stayed at hotels that were much more expensive (Starwood) but from now on I will stay at The Dream when in Bangkok.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank celtic53
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Dream Bangkok

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights in the Dream Hotel. I was influenced by the several good reviews found here. However, as with most travel tales, there are usually some negatives to go with the positives. First of all, I had requested for a twin bed room through a website booking but upon checkin, the reception could only offer my colleague and I a room with 2 single beds (sort of 2 separate mattress on a double bed?). Ok if one doesnt move alot at night!! Room amenities was sufficient, big flat TV with DVD player. Although the shower glass partition definitely needs to be enlarged to prevent water falling outside, you do however get the rain shower head which was nice for a change.

Only big issue we had was checking out. We asked for an hour's extension but was declined. Then the maid came in to check the mini-bar and found a full bottle of Bacardi with its cap twisted . We had to explain at the reception that this was not our doing etc. They had initially wanted to charge us for it but we were adamant that it was not our duty to check every item for correctness! So they then gave us a pad to write and sign off - apparently for their accounts department.

Called it bad luck whatever, but we thought this matter could have been handled differently. It just left a sour taste in our mouths after our stay.

Room Tip: Take rooms higher than the 3rd floor cos the noise from the bar floor below doesnt shut down until l...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kenttan
MiguelJaun, Manager at Dream Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Dream Bangkok. I am truly disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I would like to respond to the comments raised on your review:
Not assigning a proper TWIN room for your stay was clearly a mistake from our staff, please accept my sincere apologies for this mistake. According to the Front Desk Staff helping you upon check-in, you have unfortunately not advised us of this error upon arrival. We would have been happy to rectify this situation for you immediately.

Regarding your check-out: Please be advised that the normal check-out time at our hotel is 12.00 (noon). Our records show that the Front Desk Staff extended this for one hour until 1pm. We were unfortunately not able to provide a later check-out time as the hotel was fully booked on your departure day.

Regarding the bottle of Bacardi: I absolutely agree with you that it is not your duty to check that every item in the minibar is untouched. Kindly be advised that prior to check-in of every guest, our Housekeeping Team does check the guestroom minibar. As you confirmed upon check-out that you didn’t open said bottle of Bacardi, our Front Desk assumed that the minibar hasn’t been properly checked by Housekeeping prior to your arrival.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standards at our hotel and will come to visit us again.

Miguel

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I've traveled to Bangkok three times this year, staying in somewhat random hotels found on Agoda. I also found the Dream Hotel randomly and booked two nights on Agoda. Two nights in case I just didn't like it and wanted to move.

Now, two weeks later and I'm still staying at the Dream Hotel, it's quite simply the best hotel for money (tip - book a night, then go to the front desk and extend your stay they'll discount it a further 10%). If you've ever been to a W hotel, that's very much the atmosphere at the Dream. Fashionable rooms, attentive service, expert room cleaning, fast wifi, rooftop pool, decent gym equipment, free water, amazing buffet breakfast 6:30-11 every day. Oh... free fruit and cookies in your room every day.

I don't write many reviews and I rarely rave about anything, but I'm enjoying my stay here. I'm here for business and to enjoy myself. Dream hotel makes both a pleasure. When I return to BKK, I'll be staying at the Dream.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the 10th floor on in the Dream 2 building. It's the top floor with the gym on the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank PinkBoxDonuts
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We initially booked for just 2 nights, but were impressed enough to extend our stay to the whole week. The hotel is much pricier than other hotels, but is value for money when you take all things into consideration. The service is excellent throughout the hotel, we checked in at 2 am with ease and were made to feel special and welcome. The price of all food & drinks is high with a compulsory 10% service charge and 7% tax, though this is found in just about all upmarket hotels/restaurants in Bangkok. The hotel provides free mineral water though in the rooms which is a nice touch. The breakfast is.excellent with a wide range of choices from British fry up, to continental and Asian, including made to order omelettes which are delicious. I was a little disappointed that there was no wifi in the rooms, only a data cable, useless for iPads - although the Wifi in public areas is very fast. I was also disappointed with the service when we tried to extend our stay, we were quoted different prices from two different lobby staff, both of which were more expensive than our initial per night booking with Agoda , l was surprised that they did not seem interested in offering a longer stay discount and only after showing them the quote on the Agoda website would they agree to reduce the price to that. The last point I will make is that the location is excellent, the hotel is located on a quiet street (which is perfect after a day in Bangkok's chaotic streets), but it is just a few minutes walk from the Asok Sky train stop and a few minutes from the nightlife at sukhumvit 11 or the more daring Cowboy Sol. All in all an excellent place to stay in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are the only ones with the under floor blue lighting, a chill out feature that is worth...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and it got better each time, always booked a delux king room however the 3rd time we got a free upgrade to Dream suite which was nice as it was not expected at all. On returning to the hotel each afternoon we always found nice suprises in our room - cookies, chocolates, fruits,etc we loved it an

The staff is so nice especially the porters who always remembered us. The pool is on the roof top of Dream 2 across the road from the hotel and it didnt bother us at all having to walk over to the next building and there is a bar by the pool with lovely cocktails.
If you will be arriving with lots of bags make sure you know which building you are booked in as the taxi drivers (depending which side of the road you coming from) might take you to the wrong building.
Location is perfect, in the heart of everything however away from the noise.

Have read other not so good reviews and I just dont see why the negativity. This is not The Ritz hence you havent paid £500/night so quit complaining. For a hotel like this in London for example you will probably pay 3 times more than what you are paying at this hotel... Infact some of the expensive hotels in London are not as good, you dont get this service unless you are a celebrity or pull up in a porsche.

Adivice - like any other hotel in Thailand (except Pacific Clup in Phuket) avoid eating at the hotel restaurant as the prices are a bit high and probably not as good and exotic as what you get outside. This includes the spas.

So to sum it up, we always enjoy our stay at Dream hotel and we get what we pay for and then some.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple