We stayed here for 4 days on arrival in Bangkok, our driver was waiting for us at the airport even though our plane was very late which was great at 11-30 at night! We were settled in to our room in tower two which was very nice. We had been upgraded from a junior suite to a deluxe suite due to a promotion going on, I was a bit confused because I thought a junior suite was above a deluxe suite and wondered if we had been downgraded, but at midnight I just wanted to sleep and would sort it in the morning. We went to reception and asked to look at the junior suite the next day and was shown it with no issues. I found it a bit nicer as it had been recently renovated. It seemed the only thing it didn't have which the deluxe suite did was its own washing machine. We decided to take the junior suite and moved towers to tower 1. The rooms were very clean and tidy and when people whinge about things like cracked tiles or paint scraped off doors I just think get over it!! Go and stay in a 5 star hotel and pay for your perfectly painted doors. The bathroom was nice, we had lots of light come in and saw the most awesome sunset every day. The pools were clean and a good size and not too many people around, they have a great gym there, lots of machines for those inclined. We had no issues with the staff, they were polite and friendly and helpful to us all the time. The buffet breakfast was...well a buffet breakfast lol. They run breakfast from 5am to 10am I think so you can imagine that at 9am the food is going to be looking a bit sad. In saying that we had an early start one day and I ate at 5am and it was hot and filling. My feelings are that a buffet is essentially the same everywhere....its food left in bain maries and bowls for you and everyone else to stack on your plate.....is it ever going to be wonderful?? They are big on the buffet in thailand it seems and I have to be honest so far I have eaten a few and they are all pretty average, so Grand President is not doing anything wrong, it is what it is!! I would stay here again without a thought, we had a good time and it was in a great position with access to anything you needed, food, drinks, partying, massages, shopping and the rest of thailands many joys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand President Bangkok is situated along Sukhumvit Soi 11 and a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS skytrain station. It is walking distance to entertainment outlets such as QBar and Bash, and a short drive to hospitals, embassies and shopping centers. This property features 437 air-conditioned rooms and suites all with a kitchenette consisting of a large fridge and microwave oven. Additional facilities include a Laundromat, 3 outdoor swimming pools, cafe with alfresco dining, sauna and steam room. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Nozio Netplan srl and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Grand President reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand President Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Grand President Hotel