“Tallest Hotel, Not The Best”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #291 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Tallest Hotel, Not The Best”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I thought it would be really neat to get a room high up in Bangkok's tallest hotel. If they turned the Empire State into a hotel I imagine it would be a lot like the Baioke Sky Hotel: Confusing, crowded, and chaotic. I found the staff to be very disinterested and always helping with half an ear to something else that was going on. While my room was clean it was just a bed, desk, and TV; there was no personality to the room at all. I also found that while the water pressure was great, every 30 seconds it would drop and get scolding hot. So taking a shower became an acrobatic act not to get burnt.

I found the restaurants to have really good buffets but if you needed anything it was hard to track someone down. I didn't like having to pay for internet, it was about $14 for 24hour. Each room has a router so a least the connection was really great. The hotel was only about a block from the airport train which made getting there and back to the airport very easy. The train also connects to other trains so it is only a few stops away from shopping or major tourist sites. I suggest finding a hotel near a train station but not this one.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank TaraF8
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (776)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We are on a shopping trip recently & selected this hotel on space zone junior suite room because of the special privileges stated on the hotel website :

1. website stated "Separate check in with personal escort by guest relations officer to room"

Actual happening : It was rather crowded when we arrive at the hotel on 31 Aug 2012 at around 5pm.
So we approached the guest relation counter & asked if we need to stand in the queue like the rest of guest for check in since space zone guest has separate check in.
But one of the Fench speaking female guest relation staff did not even bother to let us finish our question nor look at our printed voucher and reply without looking at us "why not? everyone is queueing up so why aren't you?" Then continue chatting with her colleague in French.

This is obviously just some advertisement on the hotel website to mislead us to book a more expensive room thinking we will be treated special just because we paid more!

2. website stated "Guaranteed window seat at all restaurants"

Actual happening : this is totally not true because we were advise upon arriving at the hotel to call from room to check if seat is available at all restaurant.
We called to check for reservation one evening around 5pm and was told ALL restaurant were fully booked until 9pm. We decided to walk in to try our luck after hanging up the phone with the reservation staff and was shock to find seats are available for restaurant which operator claim fully booked till 9pm!

3. website stated "15% Discount on food at Sky Coffee Shop, on 18th floor"

Actual happening : this is also not true because we were not entitled to any discount even though we told the restaurant staff we are hotel guest.
Wrong order was served to our table even though waiter repeated our order correctly.

Overall experience is bad and we will definitely look forward hotel's reply on these incorrect information published on the hotel official website so that other travellers will not be at hotel mercy only upon arival!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank JT2309

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We just stayed in Bangkok for a night or two after departing from the serenity of Samui. And it was a nasty shock, to be honest I didn't like Bangkok from the get go. And the experience at the hotel didnt help the slightest bit. Apart from being the tallest building in the city and and having a good view of bangkok it didn't really have anything else to offer. The food was not great, the rooms were alright but had a slight stench of tobacco, the whole hotel itself was attached to the tackiest shopping complex you can find! The elevators were another pain in the..... well anyway the elevators could only go up and couldnt go down or something of the sort. Dissapointing

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Alex1539712
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The Hotel is easily accessible from the Airport via MRT. Got a room in 68th floor. The View from my room was good. After checking-in, went out for dinner. There are good Indian Restaurants near-by. Came back and found Complementary sweets in the room. Guest's name is written over the sweets. Bed,Bath Area and facilities are good. The breakfast is very good. Served till 10AM. Hotel Staff is OK. Good deal for what i paid. Would stay again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with City View
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, the rooms are very spacious, my sister and I booked the Superior Suite Sky Zone with breakfast. I stipulated we required 2 single or 2 double beds, on check in they said they only had a room with a king size bed. No good at all for my sister and I, I think it was on about rhe 70th floor. It all ended up all good because they moved us to the 27th floor, just as well as on the high floors my ears were continually blocked due to the height.
The Cafe restaurant is excellant value and the free breakfasts are just amazing with such a huge variety. The only down fall with this hotel is the lifts, all through the day there are up to 14 tour buses parked outside with people continually going up and down to the sky tower - it does do your head in. Months after I booked this hotel for 8 nights I read a few trip advisor reviews about the lifts so redid my plans and stayed here for only 4 nights, I am so glad I did however the room itself was jst great, large room, large lunge and kitchenette with fab views, walk in dressing room, and one of the largest bathrooms I have ever been in, we could not fault the room at all. Markets are nearby and a short taxi to the night markets and MBK this hotel is very central and drinks are cheap. I would definately stay here again - also the beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Its really what your budget dictates, the views are amazing, this is the tallest building in Bangkok
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family