Baiyoke Sky Hotel
US$ 90
US$ 67
Amari.com
US$ 97
Eastin Hotel Makkasan(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$ 68
Trip.com
US$ 282
US$ 263
5,220 results
All reviewstallest hotelspace zonesky zonerevolving deckstandard zonefruit buffetpratunam markettop floornight marketplatinum mallfloating marketbangkok cityfamily martpratunam areaairport rail linkrooftop barspacious room
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We are on a shopping trip recently & selected this hotel on space zone junior suite room because of the special privileges stated on the hotel website :

1. website stated "Separate check in with personal escort by guest relations officer to room"

Actual happening : It was rather crowded when we arrive at the hotel on 31 Aug 2012 at around 5pm.
So we approached the guest relation counter & asked if we need to stand in the queue like the rest of guest for check in since space zone guest has separate check in.
But one of the Fench speaking female guest relation staff did not even bother to let us finish our question nor look at our printed voucher and reply without looking at us "why not? everyone is queueing up so why aren't you?" Then continue chatting with her colleague in French.

This is obviously just some advertisement on the hotel website to mislead us to book a more expensive room thinking we will be treated special just because we paid more!

2. website stated "Guaranteed window seat at all restaurants"

Actual happening : this is totally not true because we were advise upon arriving at the hotel to call from room to check if seat is available at all restaurant.
We called to check for reservation one evening around 5pm and was told ALL restaurant were fully booked until 9pm. We decided to walk in to try our luck after hanging up the phone with the reservation staff and was shock to find seats are available for restaurant which operator claim fully booked till 9pm!

3. website stated "15% Discount on food at Sky Coffee Shop, on 18th floor"

Actual happening : this is also not true because we were not entitled to any discount even though we told the restaurant staff we are hotel guest.
Wrong order was served to our table even though waiter repeated our order correctly.

Overall experience is bad and we will definitely look forward hotel's reply on these incorrect information published on the hotel official website so that other travellers will not be at hotel mercy only upon arival!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank JT2309
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We just stayed in Bangkok for a night or two after departing from the serenity of Samui. And it was a nasty shock, to be honest I didn't like Bangkok from the get go. And the experience at the hotel didnt help the slightest bit. Apart from being the tallest building in the city and and having a good view of bangkok it didn't really have anything else to offer. The food was not great, the rooms were alright but had a slight stench of tobacco, the whole hotel itself was attached to the tackiest shopping complex you can find! The elevators were another pain in the..... well anyway the elevators could only go up and couldnt go down or something of the sort. Dissapointing

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Alex1539712
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The Hotel is easily accessible from the Airport via MRT. Got a room in 68th floor. The View from my room was good. After checking-in, went out for dinner. There are good Indian Restaurants near-by. Came back and found Complementary sweets in the room. Guest's name is written over the sweets. Bed,Bath Area and facilities are good. The breakfast is very good. Served till 10AM. Hotel Staff is OK. Good deal for what i paid. Would stay again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with City View
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, the rooms are very spacious, my sister and I booked the Superior Suite Sky Zone with breakfast. I stipulated we required 2 single or 2 double beds, on check in they said they only had a room with a king size bed. No good at all for my sister and I, I think it was on about rhe 70th floor. It all ended up all good because they moved us to the 27th floor, just as well as on the high floors my ears were continually blocked due to the height.
The Cafe restaurant is excellant value and the free breakfasts are just amazing with such a huge variety. The only down fall with this hotel is the lifts, all through the day there are up to 14 tour buses parked outside with people continually going up and down to the sky tower - it does do your head in. Months after I booked this hotel for 8 nights I read a few trip advisor reviews about the lifts so redid my plans and stayed here for only 4 nights, I am so glad I did however the room itself was jst great, large room, large lunge and kitchenette with fab views, walk in dressing room, and one of the largest bathrooms I have ever been in, we could not fault the room at all. Markets are nearby and a short taxi to the night markets and MBK this hotel is very central and drinks are cheap. I would definately stay here again - also the beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Its really what your budget dictates, the views are amazing, this is the tallest building in Bangkok
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This was my first trip to Bangkok and the hotel was recommended by a friends friend. It is supposed to be the tallest hotel in Bangkok and the views from the restaurant and bar are awesome. However the hotel is in a fairly crowded area and its fairly complicated to get to your rooms. Need to change elevators twice as lobby is on 18th floor plus you need to have your room key to get into the second elevator. Rooms are spacious but not well maintained. Breakfast is very average but the biggest issue is that the spread is removed at 10 A.M. sharp (which I believe is fairly early when you are on a holiday). I would suggest that alternate options be explored rather than staying at this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends