“Excellant except when it comes to using the lifts.”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #298 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, the rooms are very spacious, my sister and I booked the Superior Suite Sky Zone with breakfast. I stipulated we required 2 single or 2 double beds, on check in they said they only had a room with a king size bed. No good at all for my sister and I, I think it was on about rhe 70th floor. It all ended up all good because they moved us to the 27th floor, just as well as on the high floors my ears were continually blocked due to the height.
The Cafe restaurant is excellant value and the free breakfasts are just amazing with such a huge variety. The only down fall with this hotel is the lifts, all through the day there are up to 14 tour buses parked outside with people continually going up and down to the sky tower - it does do your head in. Months after I booked this hotel for 8 nights I read a few trip advisor reviews about the lifts so redid my plans and stayed here for only 4 nights, I am so glad I did however the room itself was jst great, large room, large lunge and kitchenette with fab views, walk in dressing room, and one of the largest bathrooms I have ever been in, we could not fault the room at all. Markets are nearby and a short taxi to the night markets and MBK this hotel is very central and drinks are cheap. I would definately stay here again - also the beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Its really what your budget dictates, the views are amazing, this is the tallest building in Bangkok
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Reviewed 1 September 2012

This was my first trip to Bangkok and the hotel was recommended by a friends friend. It is supposed to be the tallest hotel in Bangkok and the views from the restaurant and bar are awesome. However the hotel is in a fairly crowded area and its fairly complicated to get to your rooms. Need to change elevators twice as lobby is on 18th floor plus you need to have your room key to get into the second elevator. Rooms are spacious but not well maintained. Breakfast is very average but the biggest issue is that the spread is removed at 10 A.M. sharp (which I believe is fairly early when you are on a holiday). I would suggest that alternate options be explored rather than staying at this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank PranayMaini
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed in Baiyoke Sky Hotel for 3 nights in August and I must say that I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Was greeted by the very friendly hotel staff when my cousin and I alighted the taxi and the staff immediately took our luggage from us and brought it up to the hotel room, then directed us to the lobby to check in. Very friendly. We did not sign up for breakfast in the hotel because of some of the bad reviews but decided to try it anyway for the first morning. The breakfast turned out really well with a wide selection of different cuisines. I guess it's also because we went for breakfast early. We stayed at a all ladies floor of the hotel which really puts us at ease. The room was very spacious with a big bathroom that consist of a bathtub and a shower. The hotel was very patient and met every of our needs and requests and within a short period of time as well. EG. When we asked for extra towels at the reception, the towels were given within minutes. *thumbs up. The guest relations/concierge were really patient and gave good recommendations as well. When we checked out of the airport and got into the taxi, the staff even wished us a safe flight and we had a short conversation which was really warm and nice. Recommended if all you need for in a hotel is a calm and soothing environment for rest, and not looking for much amenities or time spent in the hotel itself.

Room Tip: Request for non-smoking rooms and they will gladly oblige. For extra safety, request for a ladies fl...
1  Thank Fontaine G
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This is my second time visit to Bangkok, but first time in Baiyoke Sky Hotel.
Heard it is the tallest building throughout Bangkok..
So me and my family decided to try on the so called tallest.
We stayed there for 1 night for 2 room at standard rooms which are located at floor 39th.
first of all, in front of the entrance is very crowded, messy and disarray, look like cheap night market selling things. The entrance floor was sitting full of people whoever wanna to sit ON THE FLOOR! I was like " what the **, isn't it star-rated hotel but why full of non-guest sitting on the floor?"
Second of all, the lobby is located at 18th floor,we have to get into elevator then get into 18th floor, which is very inconvenient when u handling with your luggage.
Thirdly, the elevators are so inconvenient due to after you check-in, you have to ride into another elevator to get into your floor. And most important thing was, it was waited so so so long to check-in from the lobby, the poor management of arranging guest to check themselve in, because, some "un-educated" guests are just cut our queue when checking in. Very Disappointed! Elevators are poorly managed. When you wanna to get off from the hotel, you have to ride 2 different elevators to successfully get down. =='
In the room, it was huge and spacious, BUT everything are OLD. Approximately like past 20 years. Bathroom is big as well but feel scary when comes to too big bathroom.
Breakfast have to pay extra, although there are many choices, but the food just so so.
400+baht is not really worth it. Suggest to not take the breakfast in the hotel.
When we check out, our luggage were kept in the hotel, when we come back and claim back our luggage, we saw all the guest luggage are just being tied up and scattered around on the floor, very messy. It might be mixing up with other guest's luggage. And the hotel staff wasn't there and we waited so long again for the staff to come. Finally the staff come, we just point at our luggage and he just gave the luggage to us without any authentication. How if we simply point and take from other guest luggage? Do they just give like that as well?
This is very bad impression of staying in this hotel so called tallest in Bangkok.
I will never come back again for my next visit.

Room Tip: If you really want to try on this hotel, that is enough for you to book for the standard room, the v...
1  Thank AllyYee
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

Good hotel overall. Clean rooms. Breakfast was not included and we took it once about 400 bath pp but a buffet with a nice view on the 60 something floor. No free WiFi and quite a lot of tourists visiting to come up to the deck. Nice pool.

• Stayed: August 2012