“Excellent as usual”

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit
Ranked #63 of 878 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Westin during our recent Bangkok trip for a couple of days and it was (as expected) excellent.
The staff was very friendly and professional from check in till check out. The rooms are spacious and clean. The snacks in the executive lounge are tasty and change every day (not the same over and over again like in many other hotels). The perfect location of the hotel (next to the Asok Sky Train Station and Sukhumvit Metro Station). The staff even gave us a late check out at 17.30 pm so we could get a rest before the back flight, this is good service. Will stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SAT33
GMTheWestinBangkok, General Manager at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

It’s great to read your feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to post comments about your recent stay. It is also grat to read how much you enjoy each time you visit - along with the Hotel's convenience to everything by both overhead rain and underground Metro. Thanks also for sharing your favourable comments about our Executive Club. We look forward to seeing you here soon. Stay well, Charles Jack

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Westin Grande Sukhumvit

Reviewed 11 April 2012

My favorite hotel in Bangkok. Very good location, lots of eateries and shops within walking distance. The hotel is simply superb. Very hospitable staff - they live up to the reputation of land of smiles. Great breakfast. I always stay here when I stop by Bangkok.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank indrajray

I am really pleased this is your favourite Hotel in Bangkok, and thank you for sharing. We are very fortunate with the team here, along with the Hotel itself and superb location. Many thanks, Charles Jack.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Westin Hotel at Sukhumvit is at very convenience location and it is well-equipped. There are wide-range of choices of breakfast and other restaurants are also looked nice. You should not miss the bar which is located right besides the Lobby. Last but not the least, it is Spa which is very famous in town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank WWater
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I usually stay at the Sheraton Grande when in Bangkok, however when checking this time I found the room rate to be much higher than I usually pay. This caused me to looked around and I went firstly to the Westin, which I knew is directly across the road from the Sheraton on Sukhumvit Rd and I have experienced Westin hotels in many cities. I found it to be about 40% cheaper and booked an executive suite.

After now returning home - I have no complaints and I'm pleased with my choice.

The room was exceptional and better than the equivalent Sheraton room. The Hotel whilst probably not as good as the Sheraton overall, is still 5 star and good enough and its location 20 mtrs from the front door of new Terminal 21 shopping mall is so convenient for dining and shopping.

I think both hotels are excellent, but at the current price the Westin will win my business every time.

Great for business and for vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Burro12
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel in January 2012 while on a business trip in Bangkok for 4 days. I have experienced staying in other Westin properties before but I can say that this is just nice...not really that impressive. Probably, it may be because the hotel does not really have a grand / big lobby (first impression does last!). When I arrived, I have to go to the 7th floor to be able to check-in and then transfer again into another elavator to go up to my room. I found it a bit confusing at first. My room was great though...I just love the bed and the pillows making it difficult to get out of it in the morning to go to work...hahaha!!! The bathroom has a separate shower and bath tub which I think is a plus factor. The pool was newly renovated and very inviting...unfortunately, I was not able take a dip. I was able to try out the gym though and I believe that most of the equipment were new, so I was informed. Hotel food and drinks were a bit expensive but there are a lot of restaurants around for other options (if you are on a budget). The hotel is conveniently located beside Terminal 21 (a new "themed" shopping mall...a must see!!!) and other big malls as well. By the way, I liked my transfer service (airport-hotel-office-hotel-airport), a new Mercedes Benz with a courteous driver, made me feel like a VIP. Overall, my stay was satisfying and served it's business purpose.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business