“Still the best”

Ranked #7 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
australia
“Still the best”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We got back yesterday, and its all been said but we will say it again class class, hard to fault this hotel if you could fault it breakfast on Sunday caotic because it was so full, every thing else perfect, from the great pool, which could not move from even when it rained, to the lovely afternoon tea we had with champagne.
We love the little things they leave in your room, little cakes etc, such a delight to come back to our room too. we love you Peninsula thankyou again for a great stay

Room Tip: rooms with a balcony with a high floor
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank soaper28
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2012

this hotel is amazing , the rooms are super spacious and luxurious . It has automated curtains, fax, printer , music system , tv in bathtub area , radio and tv controls in bathtub , wash basin(which is 2 wash basins in bathroom)

the wardrobe area is large and separate , the quality of stuff used in beds is excellent and they are very comfy

probably best in bkk

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Boulder Colorado
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This is my fifth visit over about the same number of years to the Peninsula in Bangkok. My first stay was excellent but unlike many hotels they tend to age and grow tired as years go by. Not the Peninsula, both the property and the staff are refining as time passes like a fine Bordeaux. With each successive stay I noticed an interesting trend, the staff have become super professionals (happy, motivated and perfectionist), dining has even improved from excellent to a new standard and hotel grounds are perfectly manicured. Someone at the P has staff training down to a science.

This recent trip back to the P was different for me, I had just spent two months on Mt. Everest climbing and finally reached the summit on May 26th. By the end of my expedition I had lost twenty-five pounds, developed a terrible dry cough from supplemental oxygen and my skin baked by the Himalayan sun looked like a lizard’s coat. Within minutes of arriving the Peninsula staff had an address of a good hospital for me to visit for my cough. The SPA brought my skin back to life, (still not sure how they pulled that off) incredible food nourished my deprived body and a perfect bed was welcomed after months in a tent. All I can say is thank you!

Concluding, I have never felt more at home and welcomed at a hotel in my life. Love the staff, property and perfection of the Peninsula. This is a hotel that I look forward to visiting in the years to come, as it surely, just like fine wine, will become only better as time goes by.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank BoulderCanyon
Sydney
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This was my second stay at The Peninsula - the first time I was blown away by the experience. This time I'd come from staying at the Layana Resort in Koh Lanta which I think has ruined me after providing the best service a person could have. Every other resort will now suffer as a result!

Still, it is pleasant enough. The pool area is lovely after a busy day shopping although it does get quite noisy with the barges coming past. The breakfast is a must do as well - incredible choice of food.

One thing that did strike me as that you could find you've had a whole day running around and come back to the hotel late afternoon and find the room hadn't been cleaned. I just thought this was odd for a five star hotel. Twice we had to call to see if they hadn't forgotten us - maybe they don't have enough cleaning staff or maybe they were very busy. Either way, this should be improved.

I enjoyed getting the boat around and the staff on the boat were fantastic. We found a couple of great restaurants down in the River Centre and enjoyed visiting there. Makes it easy to get around.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dizzy1234
Paris, France
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Great experience! One of the best hotel in BKK

Check In was fast!
Nothing special on the rooms side as they are pretty basic. Nice and clean, as you would expect paying such high room rate…However If I can make a comment (not a complain!!), I found the rooms outdated and a touch of new technology would be nice, all bed control panels/phones are old fashion….

But on the other side, “The big plus” of this hotel is definitely the F&B
Staff was really great! Especially the Executive Pastry Chef Yoan who really did the extra mile to make our stay unforgettable! We also met a French chef Cedric if I remember is name right …Food was excellent
Spa was the best experience ever!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple