“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #8 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This was my second stay at The Peninsula - the first time I was blown away by the experience. This time I'd come from staying at the Layana Resort in Koh Lanta which I think has ruined me after providing the best service a person could have. Every other resort will now suffer as a result!

Still, it is pleasant enough. The pool area is lovely after a busy day shopping although it does get quite noisy with the barges coming past. The breakfast is a must do as well - incredible choice of food.

One thing that did strike me as that you could find you've had a whole day running around and come back to the hotel late afternoon and find the room hadn't been cleaned. I just thought this was odd for a five star hotel. Twice we had to call to see if they hadn't forgotten us - maybe they don't have enough cleaning staff or maybe they were very busy. Either way, this should be improved.

I enjoyed getting the boat around and the staff on the boat were fantastic. We found a couple of great restaurants down in the River Centre and enjoyed visiting there. Makes it easy to get around.

1 Thank Dizzy1234
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
  • Arabic first
Paris, France
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Great experience! One of the best hotel in BKK

Check In was fast!
Nothing special on the rooms side as they are pretty basic. Nice and clean, as you would expect paying such high room rate…However If I can make a comment (not a complain!!), I found the rooms outdated and a touch of new technology would be nice, all bed control panels/phones are old fashion….

But on the other side, “The big plus” of this hotel is definitely the F&B
Staff was really great! Especially the Executive Pastry Chef Yoan who really did the extra mile to make our stay unforgettable! We also met a French chef Cedric if I remember is name right …Food was excellent
Spa was the best experience ever!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The hotel staff was always so nice to be around and they were very gracious as they provided us with a nice bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and a free dinner to help us celebrate our special occasion.

We stayed at the hotel in a balcony room. It had a gorgeous view and it was really wonderful to be looking out on bangkok's skyline at night. The bed was very comfortable and the shower and bathroom was big and clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bangkok.

We had a great experience at this hotel and thought it had a really interesting location. Since it was across the river from the main part of the city, it had a lovely private shuttle boat that took you across whenever you wanted. It was so nice to be on the boat that it actually ended up being a highlight of our trip!

the negatives:
1. the room was rather small, not a lot of room for luggage.
2. the room always seemed rather damp
3. The technology here is a little dated when compared to the Peninsula Shanghai, though it's still nice.

Taiwan
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Thanks for The Peninsula Bangkok preparing for a unforgettable and the most impressive romantic candle-lit dinner for me and my girlfriend on 25 May, 2012, the date I proposed to my girlfriend. All the members, managers and attendants preparing for our special event are very nice and sweet. To be the most impressive thing, they settled a fabulous firework show on the Chao Phraya River without noticing me at first when I kneeled and gave the ring to my girl. So I was also surprised by the amazing firework and the warm service they gave to us. I and my girlfriend are very thankful for Peninsula Bangkok for giving us a sweetest memory ever.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Peninsula was a fabulous stopover returning from Europe to Australia. The service and amenties were exceptional, access to the ferry to go up and down the river was just great. The staff could not be any more helpful. The room overlooking the river was just amazing very large (we were upgraded) and just delightful. We will be back again.

Room Tip: Our corner suite was just perfect, 9th floor or so as I recall.