“Good Location!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #285 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Good Location!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our short visit to Bangkok, we ( a young couple), decided to stay at this hotel after looking at many hotels on TripAdvisor, we would only recommend this hotel if you wish to stay 2/3 days only, but please do not expect much, the people at the reception were really excellent with their customer service, friendly and helpful. The room we stayed wasn't the best, perhaps we had better expectations from the pictures we had seen. We cannot rate the pool because we had no chance to use it, beds were comfortable, bathroom average I've seen better. The thing I will actually recommend this hotel is their location, very close to the pier were you can take the boats to Wat Arum, Wat Pho,Chinatown, and other places, the Sky train is literally 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

The hotel is very close to the metro station and the river stations for cruises so the location is great. We had booked a superior room which was really nice and clean but the A/C didn't work and they were not able to fix it... So they shifted us to a suite (or junior suite, don't know...) since there were no other rooms available. The room was really big but had a strong smell of mold and marks of leaked water everywhere. The bathroom was also a bit off-date. Since we stayed there only for two nights we decided not to waste more time in shifting rooms and let it be. Anyway, we were there only to sleep.

They have a travel desk in the lobby but they really have rip-off prices so don't bother using them. We booked a river cruise in one of the nearby small travel agents for 600BHT cheaper price per person!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JonnaTampere
South West England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed here so many times over the past few years; the rooms are slowly being re-furbished and have a bright decor and flat panel tv's; some bathrooms have been re-tiled and there seems to be more hot water than previous years but less airconditioning.
The swimming pool was in serious need of attention as on my last visit over 70 tiles were missing from the bottom and other repairs were needed in the pool area as it had not been painted in the past 6 years.
I was told that the pool would be closed for repair the day I was leaving so hope that has been done now.
Breakfast has improved over the years but is still a little below par.
I like the area which is outside the normal tourist area but very convenient for me with many good places to eat nearby and great access to the skytrain and river taxi.

Staff are great and deal with problems as best they can as repairs/maintenance is really down to the owners and they have little control over this.
I consider this a good place at reasonable value but there are better value hotels in different areas; it's really down to where you want to be in the city.
On my last stay I did have 5 room changes in 3 days due to issues with airconditioning not working properly, this needs to be sorted as it was affecting the whole of the hotel including lobby and dining room.

Room Tip: If you want a large room or suite they are on the 10th. floor but do not have balconies and I don...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Roger P
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel on our way back home from the long trip trough South Eastern Asia. So, we did not plan to visit any of Bangkok attractions. To tell the truth we chose this hotel because of the swimming pool and, of course, of the good ratings on trip advisor. And we were not disappointed by our choice. We have got the room facing the pool with nice sofa for the child. The hotel staff provided linens for free. So, it was very convenient for us. The room was nice and clean, with big flat TV, a couple of cartoon channels. We also had electric cattle to make coffee or tea. They also provided 2 bottles of water per day and some snacks like salted peanuts or chips. The buffet breakfast was nice, almost the same every day. They prepare omelets, have some vegetables and greens to make a salad, sausages and ham, sometimes potatoes, two or three choices of Thai dishes like meat with vegetables, some Chinese dishes I do not know, toasts, butter, jam, fresh fruits, 2 kinds of juices, coffee and tea. The only thing I can complain it was fruits which seemed not so fresh to me. Our child was allowed to have breakfast with us for free also (he is 3 y.o. and not a big eater, but some other hotels asked us to buy a separate breakfast for him).
I suppose the rooms facing a skyline should be more noisy, but I do not know for sure, because we did not stay in the one. At least I am sure that is not so pleasant to live with the view on skyline and a busy highway.
The skyline stop is 200 m away. You can find 7/11, a drugstore and Robinson shopping mall right near it . We had one of lunches in Robinson food court and were very disappointed, the food was bad. But the selection of shoes on the ground floor was nice with good prices and even a discount so, I bought 3 pairs of decent shoes for the upcoming summer. There is also a good selection of men and children clothes on second and third floors.
As for the eateries you can try the very small one next door to the hotel. It has just 3 or 4 tables and the lady cooks dishes right in front of the door. Tom Yam was really good here (80 baht) as well as fried rice with seafood (60 baht). The hotel restaurant was also OK but twice more expensive.
I also went to Chattuchak market, it takes just half of an hour to get there and 40 baht one way. Take the skyline to Siam square and then change to the other line (simply cross the platform) to Moi Chai station (I am not sure in right spelling).
If you are not satisfied with the hotel prices for laundry you can find the one down the street of the way to skyline station. They take 20 baht for each piece of laundry including ironing and 10 baht without it. It is much cheaper than in the hotel.
And what was the best out of the hotel it is their attitude. Our child fall ill right before the day of departure. He had a fever. They allowed us to stay till 5 p.m. for free in the room to leave directly to the airport. I am really grateful for this. Of course, we could pay for the late check-out in this situation, it is just 25 USD, but it was very important to feel support and good attitude.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the swimming pool. They have small balconies where you can smoke. The rooms on...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Diana180272
Xi'an, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

It was so simple to get here! The hotel's taxi service brought us to the door of our hotel without any problems. Having selected this hotel because of the location it was a welcome surprise to see that this was not a dive. It is a little of the main are but I booked because it was a short walk to the five start hotel where I had a fair to attend on my Dollar.( Knowing the area better now I would have chosen to stay a bit closer as it is still a good ten minutes walk to where I had to be and I had to walk in a suit in the hot humid day. ) It was right next to the sky train which took us around the city.
The hotel was great. Staff was helpful and nice. The room was clean and it felt like I was getting way more than the small amount paid. The highlight of the hotel is how quiet it is. No one bothered me.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business