“Excellent”

Ranked #18 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My partner and I stay here for two nights in May. We could not have asked for more. The staff anticipated our needs and wants, we got hotel transfers which were on time with friendly staff, the pool is amazing, the restaurant Nahm - just stunning and as it was my first trip to Bangkok found it to be fairly centrally locacted. Would go back again tomorrow!

Room Tip: We had a suite which was huge! It had a seperate 6 seater dining room which we never used. Would pro...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Justin B,

Thank you for the kind review you posted on TripAdvisor. I am delighted you found your stay in one of our Executive Suites to be excellent.

Please let me know when your plans include a return trip to Bangkok as we would look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO.

Best regards,

Michael Rawson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during the first leg of our honeymoon in Thailand. After a long taxi ride (stuck in traffic) with no air con, we were instantly relaxed when we entrered the reception at the Met. It's cool and minimalistic. Really modern hotel.

We were shown to our room and to be honest were disappointed. It was on one of the lower floors and had NO view. Only a small 'terrace' which was 3 concrete walls and wood decking underfoot. We didn't even step put there for the full duration of our trip as it was like a prison cell. Because of the lack of view, there was also lack of light which was a shame. As honeymooners, I'd have expected a room with a view. I'm not sure why we were allocated that one. Nevertheless the bed was so comfortable, and there was plently of wardobe space.

Our travel agent had advised that we would receive welcome herbal tea, sparkling wine, chocolates and fruit on arrival. None of this was in the room when we arrived, and we had to phone reception to ask. They had this sent to the room, well everything except the tea and fruit. We went down to reception to enquire and the staff seemed confused and asked to see the confirmation we had from the travel company. This was a little disappointing. No one acknowledged our honeymoon or offered us any congratulations, even though we had emailed the hotel prior to our arrival to advise we were honeymooners. Also, the shower was only luke warm... even in the heat of the summer, I like a hot shower, but this wasn't possible here which I found unusual.

The hotels location is good, close to Lumphini park and also the night markets, which we walked to one evening. All other times we used taxis and tuk tuks to get around. Next door is the Banyan Tree hotel where we went one night to 'Verigo' bar and restaurant which is open air, 61 floors up, with magnificent views of the city. Worth visiting when staying at Metropolitan.

We had a drink in the Met Bar a few times during our stay, staff there were friendly and the cocktail list is excellent! We ate in there once and thoroughly enjoyed our Thai dishes. However the place was always quiet and not much atmosphere which is a shame.

We really enjoyed the delicious breakfasts in Glow restaurant. Such a interesting selection, as well as classic breakfast dishes, lots of healthy options as well as some treats (coconut waffles were brilliant!!). Huge selection of fresh fruits, juices, breads and pastries, certainly something for everyone!

We used the pool one afternoon and we found it to be excellent, comfortable loungers and great service from staff if we needed any food/drinks.

I probably would not stay here again as did not feel the staff showed any interest in us, and this is maybe a better hotel for business travellers etc.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room with a view as some have no view at all!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
milan italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stayed here for a few nites in may and even though it's one of my regular digs in Bkk , this time I felt it was even more special. the huge pool which I never used before was pure indulgence with great poolside service, lots of fluffy towels in the change rooms and never crowded. the shambala spa and fitness centre is very user friendly and glamorous And when I was the only person at the scheduled Pilates class it was carried out just as it was a personal training session, pure indulgence. rooms are always fab , and the current light refurb will make it even more so . I am a fan , it feels like home and I hv decided to stay here for long periods instead of buying an aparent in Bkk

• Stayed May 2012
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Christopherong,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor about your stay at the Metropolitan By COMO.

I am glad you enjoyed many of our services and amenities, especially our COMO Shambala spa.

We hope you will stay with again soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

My first visit to this hotel in 2005 and then I can't help repeat booking this hotel whenever I visited BKK, as what the COMO hotel group concern, from Home to Home, this is my 2nd home in BKK!

I like the simplicity of this hotel, it's not for massive travel tour or children, I like the relax and quiet mood when I first walked into the lobby without seeing too many people sitting and waiting, without too many kids screaming and running around. The background music playing in the air always chillout, that's the place I can relax and unwind myself. Hotel staff services are all very nice and gentle, I like the greet and the smile whenever I walking in and out the lobby, restaurant or going to swimming pool.

I also like the fresh and in-season fruit they provide everyday, there were green apple everywhere when I stayed there in 2005, 2006. I can just freely pick one when I waked up and head down to the gym or the swimming pool for morning workout. There is in-room Yoga mat as well I'd use in case I was too busy but still need some workout, Yoga or Pilates class is complimentary as well, this concept from the owner Ms. Christina Ong is well respect. It's not only the service quality but also the integrity, the detail, and how they understand the traveler like myself.

Butler services is another highlight, I was once arranging a surprise birthday celebration for my wife by email with the concierge prior my arrival. They just did everything right accordingly and the staff in the services desk are all well connected and understand what I had already arranged with. I believe and I here give credit to the small team scale, good management and communication within the team.

Side notes, this hotel makes people stylish, indeed, people choosing or staying in this hotel is generally stylish.

Down side: I'd prefer those days when we could do pool side breakfast, and I like the way they put green apple in the entrance of fitness center but now it's not anymore.
DVD is the add-on, if they would refresh the library occasionally, it would be the best.
Travelers choosing this hotel is not the type that they like to hangout Bangkok street from morning until mid-night.

Anyway, I couldn't find another hotel with similar character in Bangkok, let me know if there is.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear charleschuyhui,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor about your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I appreciate all the time and attention you extended in writing about our hotel.

When your plans include a return trip to Bangkok, I hope you will contact me directly as I would enjoy looking after your reservation personally.

Sincerely yours,

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

I love this place. I've stayed a few times and nothing beats the urban retreat feeling when you walk through the door.
The service is top-class but not over-bearing.
Yes there are better hotels in Bangkok for the money but The Met is calm and quiet and feels different.
Pool is great and gets lots of sun.
Gym and breakfast are other things worthy of note.
You can walk to Silom from here too.

Stayed April 2012
Gen M, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear TJB77London,

Thank you for posting reviews on TripAdvisor about your stays at the Metropolitan by COMO.

As the new General Manager, I look forward to meeting you and to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Warm regards,