Royal Princess Larn Luang
US$ 134
US$ 80
US$ 67
Amari.com
Eastin Hotel Makkasan(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$ 70
US$ 97
US$ 64
US$ 59
Trip.com
All reviewsgolden mountkhao san road isa short taxi ridetaxis and tuk tuksbusiness hotelquiet arearooms are spaciouslocal marketlovely hotelnice poolswimming poolcentral bangkokfree shuttlestayed here for nightsenjoyed my staybreakfast was excellentfood stalls
Reviewed 25 April 2012

A friend of mine booked me into this place and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It's a bit nicer than the kind of places where I would normally stay, maybe around 3.5 to 4 stars. Everything was excellent, rooms, service, cleanliness, and for the price my friend got (around 2000 THB, I think), it was fantastic value. Agoda etc. list the normal price for a regular room at around 4-5000 THB which is a bit over-priced but if you canl get a cheaper rate, it's great value.

There is no public transport around so you'll need to cab it everywhere, but the sights are not too far and Bangkok cabs are cheap. And try the dim sum place across the courtyard - it's fabulous and not that expensive.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
RoyalprincessL, General Manager at Royal Princess Larn Luang, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind feedback and comments on this review. I am pleased to learn that you were happy with our facilities and services while you were staying with us. Your wonderful compliments on our room, food (Dim sum) at The Epress restaurant.

Once again, thank you for your kind observations, and recommendation on the review. I and our team look foward to welcoming and serving you again at Royal Princess Larn Luang. Please feel free to contact me directly for the room reservation.

Warm regards,

Direk Akaniroj
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed at the Royal Princess in January as it was the starting hotel for a Kumuka Tour I was on. When the taxi driver was taking me to the hotel I was wondering where on earth is he taking me and was a bit anxious but on arrival at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. The hotel has recently undergone a refurbishment which was just being completed giving it a modern and bright lobby and great new feel.
The rooms were large and quite modern, the view well lets just say it was interesting and definitely not what this hotel is about! The pool area will be great once the construction has stopped as it was extremely loud with the jack hammers going while they were constructing the new driveway.
Room service is definitely not a strong point though. I ordered what was meant to be a club sandwich and was thankful that it came served with fries as the cold chicken, plastic slice cheese and stale bread was not that appetising. Breakfast however was quite enjoyable and the nicest that I encountered on the 14 day tour.
Once the refurbishment is finished, I think this would make a great place to stay for those on a budget and that don't mind being a bit out of the main city centre; especially for its location to the main temples and walking distance to Khao San Road.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I have stayed there 25-31 March for business, very nice hotel with quite atmosphere seems that the hotel was renovated recently. Rooms are very nice and spacious. A welcoming drink, complimentary fruit basket, speedy internet and very helpful and friendly staff !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Anas Q
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Comfy beds, good sized rooms. Plush reception. Construction noise at 1am with drilling and hammering of new entrance porch! Located near Grand Palace etc but bit of a trek downtown.

1  Thank VeeVee007
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed here 12 years back before the renovation. The difference is that the hotel looks better now, but some how I missed the coziness that I felt earlier. Although the public areas are great, the rooms remain blant albeit the big size. Staff are great!

• Stayed: February 2012