3,997 results
All reviews white room the executive lounge scarlett restaurant burger restaurant silom road trendy hotel chong nonsi bts silom area floor to ceiling windows rooftop restaurant night market an upgrade breakfast buffet high floor club room late check tuk tuk
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I spent 3 very pleasant days at this formerly Sofitel hotel. European standard hotel. I enjoyed their breakfast very much same as the sauna at night after a busy day walking Bangkok.
Had problems the 2nd day with the WIFI but the staff was kind and helpful . While waiting for my tour guide ,who was late to pick me up , they were very friendly calling the tour operator to find out the reason of the delay. Being for the first time in Thailand where the language is a barrier , I highly appreciated this gesture.
Having the sky train station near by was very handy as well because not always taking a cab is an option to move in the busy Bangkok. Good location of this hotel .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AUKASISA
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Overall the hotel is OK. If you've ever been to a Sofitel before, you'll be disappointed with this place. The room was clean & big enough for two, but check in was a bit of a pain. We arrived extremely late (3am) and the front desk were pressing us to upgrade for this&that when we just wanted to go to bed. We were informed that breakfast was not included and thought the price of their breakfast a little exaggerated but knew we'd want it in the morning. It was ok but definitely not worth the overrated price. The gym was nice&clean and same with the pool. We found the staff usually distracted and not so attentive, which was a bit annoying at times. Overall though, good location and decent room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Sofitel188, Resident Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedbacks about your recent experience with us.We would be delighted if you could send us the details of your stay, so that we could effectively look into the issues that you are referring to, in regards to your arrival experience and overall impression of the hotel.You may contact me directly at h3616-OM@accor.com .

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,

Richard Langonné, Mr.
Resident Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed here for one night of our honeymoon and was great value for a 5 star hotel. Would recommend, however I would warn other travellers that the 'upgrade' option is not really worth it - when we checked in we were told that breakfast wasn't included and that it was 570 baht per person, but that if we upgraded to an executive room for around 1500 baht, we would get it free along with a few other benefits mainly aimed at the business traveller. I was then surprised to see that breakfast even on the room service menu was cheaper than the 570 baht quoted when we checked in. The 'executive' breakfast also wasn't the best that I have had - there are better breakfasts to be had in bangkok.
As with other asian hotels, the beds are really hard, but wasn't a bad night's sleep and the front desk staff were exceptionally helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucyreid
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I was a great fan of the Sofitel Silom. The moment you stepped into the beautifully perfumed lobby you knew you were in for a treat. For New Year's eve 18 months ago, I booked a corner suite and had a fabulous time with friends. The V9 resturant and wine bar at the top was wonderful...out od the ordinary, as was Mistrel restaurant. Great food, good value.

Since the rebranding, sorry, it does not work.

I am not happy to see the staff in the lobby, reception, and outside wearing T Shirts. Is it supposed to look groovy. It doesn't. It looks very 3 star.

If you are booked into the hotel and want dinner, don't look for a normal restaurant. Because the main dining facility - Mistrel - opens only for breakfast and lunch. You have your choice of a hamburger on the ground floor or a funky, trendy delight at Scarlett's, the old V9, full of oh so hi-so young Bangkokians, strange music, lots of young female staff pouring you COLD red wine (there is no red wine at room temperature here), and not even a peanut to go with your expensive drink!

The menu in Scarlett's is once again, very trendy and expensive. In the old V9 they had a marvellous arrangement with The Wine Connection and patrons could chose from an immense selection of wine AT BOTTLE SHOP PRICES. Not any more.

And if you hold an A-Club card and expect to get 50% discount for dining in a party of two, sorry. You get offered 10% which doesn't even cover the ++. There is now a Pullman Card which is separate. I thought Pullman was managed by Accor???

Sorry, this makeover and rebranding of a great hotel didn't work.

Room Tip: get a club room if you can
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feeling with us. I am disappointed to read that you did not appreciate the substantial renovation that has been carried out at the hotel, in order to become a true Lifestyle hotel.
Thank you once again for having taken the time to give us your feedbacks, when your travels bring you back to Bangkok, please contact me directly at h3616-om@accor.com, I would be delighted to meet you and give you an authentic experience at our hotel.

Yours Sincerely,