4,076 results
All reviews white room the executive lounge scarlett restaurant silom road trendy hotel chong nonsi bts silom area floor to ceiling windows rooftop restaurant night market an upgrade breakfast buffet club room high floor late check tuk tuk sky bar
Reviewed 24 May 2012

we were greeted by all the staff on arrival which was great. The staff here are very helpful including the location. we booked our tour throug the travel desk at the hotel and the staff member gave us all information we wanted. The servers in the restaurants are very friendly. i will revisit this hotel agin and I highly recomend this hotel to orthers too. Graet location near all attractions.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2012

just stayed there for the first time last night and the previous one, after trying a half dozen 4 and 5 * hotels in Bangkok. Tried it as I often go to the sister property in Beijing and this one is also superb!!! the location is pretty good and the hotel itself is everything I like. beautiful, comfortable rooms and bathrooms, excellent drinks and food options (try the Scarlett on the 37th floor!!!) and a very nice staff.
seriously, I'll go back, if anything to see if there is anything I don't like.

Room Tip: try it, you'll love it
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

will not stay there again.....
i have stayed there on many occasions when it was the sofitel and found it really good however the service just wasnt near as good

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sofitel188, Resident Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedbacks.I am sorry to read that you did not appreciate our service for this time. As we would like to better understand the shortcomings you experienced, could you kindly share your contact details with me at h3616-om1@accor.com, so that we could discuss further your experience, and hopefully let you re-gain your confidence in our hotel?

Yours Sincerely,

Richard Langonné, Mr.
Resident Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have been regulars at the Sofitel Silom before it changed name/style. During our stay in April (which had been booked almost a year before), the transition was already beginning. I have to say that most of the changes were seriously disappointing.

What was once a warm and friendly hotel - obviously located in Thailand and proud of it - has become a try-hard, wanna-be New York loft-type establishment.

Gone are the traditional, formal clothing of the staff - they are now dressed in nondescript, non-gender-specific grey suits. Gone is anything remotely resembling a foyer with reception facilities. All white and glass and chrome ... uninviting and confusing.

And we really felt the loss of Shanghai 38, which had been a favourite place for a fabulous meal in fabulous surroundings.

The Executive Lounge, which was usually the highlight of our stay, was staffed almost exclusively with new young things, with the barest of English language skills or confidence or even product knowledge.

If you are going to re-launch, PLEASE retain some staff who actually understand the business and your market. The Executive Lounge is NOT a great place to break in new staff, as it caters to the upper range of your market.

One of the main attractions of the Sofitel Silom for us was the fact that the hotel stood 'alone', with amazing panoramic views of Bangkok (sometimes even to the river, as we had this year). No hotels immediately opposite, so lots of light.

While the suite was as beautiful as always, the 'feel' of the property is profoundly different. Room got serviced MOSTLY well, but then there were days when towels and toiletries would not be replaced.

The beautifully polished floor was being scratched mercilessly by a chair with hard metal feet, but the staff were very confused when we tried to point this out to them and when we asked them to change the chair, they brought in another of the same style.

We had always been welcomed as family at Sofitel Silom, being such regulars. We were now anonymous visitors in an anonymous hotel which could have been anywhere in the world.

A real shame. Probably going to stay at Pullman King Power next time ... the end of an era!

Room Tip: Unless another major shift occurs, the suites with executive lounge access are quite stunning.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maruschka
Sofitel188, Resident Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feeling with us. I am disappointed to read that you did not appreciate the substantial renovation that has been carried out at the hotel, in order to become a true Lifestyle hotel. Our Club floors have been maintained with a traditional design that would fit more some of our Guests, such as yourself apparently.
I am very concerned about the shortcomings you experienced at the club lounge, and as well with the housekeeping service which are, as you know, far from typical at our property. Could you kindly send me the details of your stay, so that we could further investigate? When your travels bring you back to Bangkok, please contact me directly, i would be delighted to meet you and give you an authentic experience at our hotel.

Yours Sincerely,

Richard Langonné, Mr.
Resident Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I got an excellent deal online for the Sofitel Silom which post my booking changed its name to the Pullman G. I had read that the hotel was going through renovations and was not sure what to expect on arrival but was pleasantly surprised. The lobby has been transformed into a sea to white which I think is a mistake as it makes the entrance look cheap. However I was offered an upgrade to the executive floor for my stay of B1295 per day covering breakfast, afternoon tea, drinks, suit pressing and late checkout. As it was late at night and I was tired I agreed and was glad that I took up the offer as it made the stay more pleasant.

My room appeared to have been un-renovated which I was happy with as the new 'white' rooms did not appeal to me. my room was on the 27th floor with great views of Bangkok and the executive lunge on the same floor with a nice citrus essential oil burner in the lift area. There was a handy room controller by the bed which controlled the lighting air-con and clock/alarm. The desk was a decent size with several power outlets next to it. The bathroom included both bath and shower with L'Occitane toiletries.

The pool is small but ok as long as there are not more than a handful of guests using it. The lunch buffet on the 5th floor was a bargain and had a great offering of French and Thia food for a very low price. I can highly recommend this.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try the executive floor and buffet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo