“Gorgeous Hotel”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #16 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Gorgeous Hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Nice cigar bar with multiple choices for restaurants,
Amazing pool on the roof top with an oustanding bar service an menu.
We were on the uppper floors with a lovely view of the city

Room Tip: Very close to the tram service
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and comment on InterContinental Bangkok.

I am delighted to lean that you had a great tim with us and pretty much enjoyed with our cigar bar, multiple choices of restaurants and the roof top swimming pool. I am also glad that you like the room we have assigned for you.

We would be very pleased to welcome you back to stay with us on your next visit to Bangkok. Please feel free to contact me personally to arrange your room reservation.

Kind regards,

Krissana Uthaisri
Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 10 July 2012

For our first visit to Thailand we wanted everything to run smoothly and our time in Bangkok started perfectly with our accommodation at the Intercontinental hotel. Beautiful hotel, we had a king grand deluxe with twin room interconecting - fantastic for our family. Our breakfast was included; amazing selection of food from extensive buffet. We also had a buffet dinner one night which was amazing - great selection of wines although a little expensive. Staff were always helpful, polite and courteous, nothing was too much trouble. Staff in pool area were extremely friendly and easy to get along with. They were great at taking care of us and recommended selections from the menu. Within walking distance to many shopping malls, night markets just outside, tuk-tuk taxi or sky train at the door. Will be going back to Bangkok next year and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2012
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on the tripadvisor review regarding your recent visit to our property. We are extremely delighted to see that you enjoyed and happy with our facilities and services. It is most rewarding to learn that our facilities and service are appreciated by our guests. We will do our best to keep up the standard of our facilities and services.

Once again, thank you very much for your observations, and fine compliments. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at InterContinental Bangkok

Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

I was "forced" to stay in intercontinental for 6 nights. I was on my way from China to Sweden and on the plane they suspected I had a stroke but it ended up being a retina detachment in my left eye. So needed a very good hotel with a doctor who could give me guidance what to do. Within 2 hours I was in the hospital (surgery and 3 nights) received a text message from the lobby manager, need help call me any time here is my cell number. Once back in the hotel (grounded) you can't fly until all gas have left the eye. I was adopted by this family. If you stay less then 2 days you will not notice it's just one of the top hotels in Bangkok if you stay longer, you will become part of a family. there was get well soon cards in my room. Everyone new my name, and the courtesy and service extended to me was explicit. You can always tell if the heart is involved or not and at intercontinental it's a fact. I travel more than 160 days per year, this is so far the best place I ever stayed.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bo J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you had a wonderful experience during staying with us. Your compliment on our service and your kind recognition on our staff is really appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Such an amazing Hotel, having not stayed at an InterContinental Hotel I was completely blown away by the level of service this Hotel provides. From the staff at the pool bar, to the door staff, everyone was polite, courteous and always willing to lend a hand.

The Hotel is located so close to a BTS station which is the best way to get where you want to go. The gym facilities are better than my gym at home and the views are breathtaking. The pool area is great also with great views, the only problem being once you go up there you possibly just want to stay all day. There are a HUGE variety of fantastic food and beverage outlets, rooms are a great size and the showers are huge!

Such a perfect location, surrounded by shops why would you stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: No need to give a tip all the rooms start on levels which provide a great view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on InterContinental Bangkok.

We are very pleased to learn that you were enjoy with our location, facilities and the service.

We would be most delighted to welcome you back to stay with us on your next visit to Bangkok. Please feel free to contact me personally to arrange your room reservation.

Kind regards,

Krissana Uthaisri
Front Office Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We had high expectations when we checked in to the Intercon. If anything it was the staff and their warmth that shone thru. I will not hesitate to recommend this wonderful hotel to everyone.
Location is excellent. It is right next to Chidlom station and everywhere is just a ride away.
Check out Chatuchak market on a weekend or Terminal 21 which is just a few stops away. Within walking distance is Isawan spa where one can get head to toe massages for a reasonable price.
Want to watch a show? No problem. Concierge will arrange everything, from making your bookings to showing you how to get there.
Don't miss the Central Chidlom Dept store just down the road. It is a great store . The gem is the 7th Floor Foodloft where you can get excellent meals in good ambience and excellent service. Tasted the best Phad that there.
Rooms were good and excellent size if you stay on the executive floor. There's more than enough water provided for you. Breakfast was so good. Choices were outstanding.
Would I stay here again? Most certainly!
Thanks to all the staff who made out stay so good... krupkhunkha..........:)

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive room for a small consideration. Its worth the extra.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind feedback and comments on this review. We are pleased to learn that you were happy with our facilities and services while you were staying with us. It is most rewarding to see that our facilities and services are appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you for your kind observations, and recommendation on the review. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of welcoming and serving you again at InterContinental Bangkok.