“Perfect stay”

Ranked #21 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
UK
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Have stayed in lots of different hotels in Bangkok, including most f the really high end properties. I found Intercontinental to be up there with the best.. apart from a few wholly insignificant niggles. Breakfast buffet is great, plenty of choice and attentive staff.. gym has lots of good equipment and great views over the city... rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable and concierge / reception staff courteous and helpful. The hotel is literally right next to BTS and is about 10 mins walk to the huge Central World mall. Would absolutely stay there again next time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind feedback and comments on this review.

We are glad that you like our rooms, facilities and location. We are also delighted that you found our breakfast was of a great standard with varieties of choice and that our staff are friendly and helpful.

Thank you once again and we hope we will have pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Kwanchai Quincy Yokto
Assistant Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Thailand has a lot of good to great hotels. But my visits to this country over 3 + decades has seen many changes. Thai hospiatlity was at it's best in the 80's. These days you probably find good service in many hotels but the Intercontinental, Bangkok has something that's been missing for a decade or so in most, so as to set it apart from the rest - Thai hospitality at it's best! Excellent location as well. Khob-Kun-Krub!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sahsasia
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is indeed a pleasure to hear good comment from our guest.

We are truly happy to know that our staffs have succeeded in creating a memorable experience for you and delivered a great service to you with a touch of warm 'Thai Hospitality". We will strive to ensure each and every guest’s stay is enjoyable.

Thank you once again. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Krissana Uthaisri
Front Office Manager
United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed at the InterContinental Bangkok last month, while attending a friend's wedding. I was there over a long weekend, and had a pleasant stay on the whole. Service was good, as you would expect from a 5 star hotel (nothing spectacular though). Rooms were clean and spacious.
The hotel has an excellent central location in Sukhumvit - it is connected to many nearby malls through the Sky Walk. I walked to Central World mall every day that I was in Bangkok and even visited several of the other malls in the vicinity. Even Platinum is just a 15min walk away. Shoppers paradise. Sukhumvit also seems to be where all the great food is, although sadly I didn't have much time to explore on this trip. The location is a double-edged sword though, because as convenient as it is to travel everywhere within walking distance, the traffic on Sukhumvit makes it terrible to take a taxi anywhere. We ended getting caught in heavy traffic just outside the hotel many times, even just to go to places that were just 20min away. If you're not planning to go far though, then the location is perfect!
The other thing I'd mention is that they're very strict on breakfast timings. Breakfast ends at 10.30am and one morning I got there at 10.20, hoping to get some breakfast. At 10.30 on the dot, the staff started clearing everything away, so much so that I barely managed to get anything to eat. I understand the need to adhere to timings, but I think the hotel could stop letting people in at 10.30, but allow guests who are already there to lounge around and eat for a while longer. A 30min buffer would have been great. Quality and spread of breakfast was so-so, nothing out of the ordinary.
Other than that, I had no problems at all during my stay. Housekeeping was efficient, rooms were well maintained, bathrooms were well equipped, there was no shortage of water or towels at any time. Staff were friendly, and I was even given drinks vouchers because I am an IHG member. Good stay, all in all. I'd recommend the InterContinental Bangkok, especially if you're going there for a shopping and eating trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank paritamm
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit with us as well as your comment and feedback on our location, facilities and service. We have gone through each line of your feedback and we will ensure of service improvement according to the comments made.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind observations, and feedback as it will help us to improve our facilities and service to achieve the highest level of service excellence. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome and serve you again at InterContinental Bangkok.

Warm regards,

Kwanchai Quincy Yokto
Assistant Front Office Manager
perth
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I recently stayed here for a weekend in transit. Initially I was given a suite which I was not up to my expectations. When asked by Club room staff member Julia Doepner how the room was I mentioned I was a bit disappointed but was enjoying the hotel.
Without any fuss the next morning I was upgraded to a magnificent room with a great view and lots of space. Being in a wheelchair this was a real bonus.
The staff were warm friendly and hospitable and the service excellent. The hotel is also well located and in a good area.
I am happy to recommend this hotel for either business or leisure and I know I will not hesitate to book again when next in Bangkok

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the park.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank dustoff70
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience in our hotel.

We are truly happy to know that we have succeeded in creating a memorable experience on your previouos visit at InterContinental Bangkok. It brings us great pleasure knowing that our staff help to make your stay a great experience.

We all send our regards and appreciation to you for the recognition, especially for Julia our Assistant Club InterContinental Manager.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Natthanan Kovacic (Ms.)
Club InterContinental Manager
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This was my second stay at Intercon BKK.

Good location. 1 min walk distance to BTS station. Close to large shopping malls.
Spacious room as 45sqm.
People are friendly to provide good services.

Disappointing is loud noise from water pipe. It's really loud and I woke up several times in early morning during my 6 nights stay. This noise is so loud not only by people in other room but also by use of bathroom by myself. I hesitated to flush the toilet when I use it at 3am. This should be fixed asap.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your beautiful comment on hotel location and the friendly service from our staff. We however would also like to thank you for the shortcomings you brought to our attention.

From your feedback, our engineering department is currently investigating the problem and will fix it as soon as possible. Rest assured that your comments have not gone unnoticed.

We hope we will have an opportunity to demonstrate our improvement and true InterContinental experience to you in the near future.

Kind regards,