“Wow, Amazing, Spectacular, We Love This Hotel”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #18 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
North Vancouver, Canada
“Wow, Amazing, Spectacular, We Love This Hotel”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The InterContinental Bangkok is a fabulous hotel.

On a recent trip to Frankfurt and Asia we stayed at 6 different InterContinental hotels and this was by far the best.

The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and professional. The room was perfect, the amenities were really nice and the buffet breakfast was 5 star! (If you pay for the breakfast in advance (when you check in) the buffet is only $20 US (including taxes and service fee) otherwise it's $30 US + fees).

The rooftop pool is very nice, clean and the chairs are very comfortable. The SteamRoom is large, just the right temperature and has colorful LED lights. The jacuzzi with wall to wall windows is unreal (See the pic I uploaded.)

There is free WiFi in the pool area, in the lobby and in the buffet restaurant. We stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last 18 months and every time it exceeded our expectations. We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: We asked for King Bed, High Floor and Non Smoking when we booked online and received everything.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience in our hotel.

We are truly happy to know that we have succeeded in creating a memorable experience for you and helped you to have a brilliant time at InterContinental Bangkok.

We are glad that you like our rooms, facilities and overall service. We are also delighted that you found our breakfast is a 5 star quality and that our staff are friendly and helpful. We will strive to ensure each and every guest’s stay is enjoyable.

Thank you once again and we hope we will have pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Assistant Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Beijing, Beijing, China
Reviewed 11 April 2012

What a wonderful hotel, from rooms and service to the pool and exquisite food available. The Intercontinental provides an amazing stay for anyone coming to Bangkok; the service is always lovely and the decor is stunning. I had not anticipated such an all-rounded pleasant experience - every aspect of the hotel was impeccable and I had (and am continuing to have!) a wonderful experience of the best of Bangkok. This is a great hotel and I am looking forward to stay for two more days of relaxing by the pool - and enjoying its stunning view - eating amazing food and generally having an amazing time. I thoroughly enjoy staying at this hotel and recommend it to anyone coming to Bangkok, as it offers the best of all worlds.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind feedback and comments on this review. We are pleased to learn that you were happy with our facilities and services while you were staying with us. It is most rewarding to see that we are truly a 'Great Hotel Guests Love'

Once again, thank you for your kind observations, and recommendation on the review. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of welcoming and serving you again at InterContinental Bangkok.

We will continue to be your "home away from home'

Beijing
Reviewed 11 April 2012

A brilliant hotel! The rooms are beautiful and the service sublime. The facilities were also to die for with a brilliant swimming pool and a excellent gym; both with wonderful views over Bangkok. The spa is also a wonderful experience which is a definite go for, with wonderful treatments which make you feel as if you were 20 again. The food is also great, with a series of choice ranging from buffet to private rooms in the Summer Palace and much more. An altogether outstanding experience.

Room Tip: The corner suite is wonderful with a excellent value!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Your beautiful comment on rooms, facilities, food and overall service served as further inspiration for us to do what we do best … providing memorable experiences for our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel, espcially on our Corner Suite, Spa and our Chinese restaurant Summer Palace. It is our great pleasure to know that we met your expectations and have created a delightful experience for you.

Thank you once again. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Krissana Uthaisri
Front Office Manager
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I came here for about a week after an isolated honeymoon in Bali and what a refreshing experience it was. It's not just that the intercom has the best location but the staff, services and in room dining are fantastic.
After some horrendous experiences with in room dining and services at the st.regis Bali, the Bangkok intercon was more than I could have hoped for.
Check in was a breeze with the helpful reception desk that only had me wait for a couple of minutes till I was escorted to my room on the 27th floor. It was good to see that one didn't necessarily have to stay in the club rooms to get great service.
Maybe I was still recovering from the in-your-face attitude of the st.regis private butlers but I received a far superior standard of service and respect for my privacy than I could ever have imagined.
I was really apprehensive about the in room dining but was pleasantly surprised when the missus enjoyed her beef burger and Caesar salad.
Staff at the hotel are always smiling and welcoming even at odd hours of the night. I was most pleased to be served by Kitti Sae See who made sure my stay was ultra comfortable and glitchless. they even managed to get me a reservation for roast duck at the four seasons in Siam paragon which was fantastic.
They had many great DVDs available that made in room entertainment pure pleasure. And they were all available for viewing whenever I wanted ch is not something that happens too often.
Rooms were clean and comfy although the bathroom could do with a modernisation.
I got a late check out on account of my priority club status and had a smooth exit from the hotel.
I must give a big shout out to the bell captain and his team who held on to my luggage while I went and shopped some more. Mr.Nakorn and Mr.Booncherd were smiling and holding on to our luggage at the exact time we asked the to have a cab day for the airport.
So all in all, I have decided that there no better life than an intercontinental life. Will stay here again and again.
Only downside was the rooms aren't very well soundproofed so I got to hear loud noises from neighbouring rooms but that was only shortlived. Also, the in room dining menus are very confusing as they say that items are available till 2300 hrs but we were told they we available 24 hours.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, don't really see the end for the club room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on the TripAdvisor review regarding your recent visit to our property. We are extremely delighted to see that you enjoyed and happy with our facilities and services.

It is most rewarding to learn that our facilities and service are appreciated by our guests. We appreciated your recognition on our staff especially for Mr. Kitti Sae-See (Duty Manager), Mr. Nakorn and Mr. Booncherd (Assistant Bell Captain).

Once again, thank you very much for your observations, and fine compliments. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at InterContinental Bangkok.

glasgow
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just spent two nights at ICH Bangkok on the way to Sydney. What a pleasure, the staff and room was up to, and exceeded expectations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit with us as well as a nice review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a wonderful experience during staying with us. Your compliment on room and staff is really appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in ther near furure.

Kind regards,