6 people are viewing this hotel
$462
Hotels.com$667
Priceline$504
Travelocity$667
All reviews pool villa the river mae nam screening room thai boxing ring the general manager urban resort beautiful hotel mandarin oriental common areas four seasons butler spa luxury suite thailand riverview
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2022 via mobile

The Siam…My Happy Place!
It is always a treat to stay at The Siam. The GM Nick and the team always go above and beyond to ensure your stay is perfect…each and every time.
During this stay, we were keen to get The Siam boat to our favorite cocktail bar, and even though the boat had to go further than the usual scheduled stops, it was not a problem for Nick to arrange…and even more amazing was he ensured the boat was ready and waiting for us when we finished our cocktails to take us back to the hotel late at night. When we arrived back at our room there was even a lovely birthday cake for my wife too. Absolutely incredible service beyond all expectations! There are many other examples of this type of service and attention to detail during our stay, and this is what I call ‘The Siam way’.
Now, the food. Absolutely to die for. It has always been next level, but Nick, Khun Nawee, Chef Blair and team keep pushing the boundaries and make it even more next level. The breakfast is the highlight. All food is cooked to order, and has a menu that makes the coolest of cool cafes look ordinary! Not only the best breakfast in BKK, but arguably in Thailand, if not Asia! I’m missing this already and we only checked out today!
Oh, and one more thing, we checked in early on our first day (just before 10am!), and our butler Khun Sumed asked if we would like to have breakfast - it was the perfect way to start our stay at The Siam. Not too many hotels if any offer this type of service.
We can’t wait to stay st The Siam again. It is and always will be my happy place!

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamesJ79
Nick Downing, General Manager at The Siam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear JamesJ79,
Please forgive the lateness of my reply. Thank you (as always) for your incredible support of The Siam for many years. We truly love having you with us and cannot wait until the next time we see you.
Until then, thank you again and warmest of wishes from The Siam family,

Reviewed 5 August 2021

There are pluses and minuses but I did not hesitate to give 5 / 5 to The Siam. It is definitely a luxurious hotel.

It is a mix of a boutique hotel, a museum and a luxury hotel. It is quite impressive. Service is excellent. There is a library which is quite unusual nowadays and a lot of art work, mainly Asian but also European. The room is nicely decorated, the bathroom is large and beautiful, but the shower is a bit old but very functional.

Breakfast service is professional, but it seems they are no able to go out of their routine. I asked them for hot water mixed with honey and lemon juice and I had to ask twice, they did not really understand what I wanted. When I asked for a fruit salad I had to explain what a fruit salad was.

The fitness club is fine, there is even a Thai boxing ring. TV screen would definitely be a plus. There were individual TV monitors on the treadmills but they were not operational. The swimming pool is near the river but it is a bit narrow.

Afternoon tea at the outside restaurant is great however they are a bit rigid. When I asked for tea at the beginning and espresso at the end, they refused to include it in the set menu. What difference does it make to refill tea or to serve a cup of coffee after tea?
Service is a bit slow. I did not mind on Sunday, but I had work to do on Monday and I would have appreciated faster service.

Toiletry is a bit limited for a hotel of this category. Of course, they bring to your room whatever you need if you ask but there was not even a tooth brush in the room. Soap and shampoo are in a big bottle, it seems to be the trend to please the environmentalist but I prefer small individual bottles of soap, shampoo and conditioner. Individual bottles are more sophisticated than big / family size bottles.

There are many buildings around The Siam. It is not very noisy, but it does not give the impression of quietness that I expected. Honestly, besides the fact it is near the river, the area is not the best. On Monday morning there was construction near the hotel and it was a bit noisy.

There is no dress code. You may like it ...or not. Personally, I am not a fan of flip-flops and sleeveless shorts.

Date of stay: June 2021
3  Thank FranckJa

Dear FranckJa
Belated thank you for your in depth comments last year following your experience at The Siam. It is true that one really does need to experience The Siam to fully understand the experience we offer. I take all your comments to heart and thank you for rating us so highly despite any issues that perhaps were not 100% at the time.
I am pleased to say that all nearby construction has been completed and our boat schedule has returned (5 times a day, 7 days a week) since restrictions have been lifted), so this helps to once again connect guests staying with us to venture along the river to any number of destinations and escaping Bangkok traffic.
I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future and please feel free to reach out to me directly to assist.
Warm wishes

Reviewed 22 May 2021 via mobile

The most comfortable rooms and the friendliest staff, a step into paradise! When you get to the restaurant, be sure to order the famous pork chop, best piece of meat I’ve had in a long time. The tender slices melt in your mouth. It’s a good damn pork chop. Overall, such a beautiful hotel. Would recommend.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Trek04788334279
Nick Downing, General Manager at The Siam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2021

Dear Finn,
Thank you for sharing your comments here following your recent experience at The Siam. We are especially delighted to hear that our new menu item (from our soon to be officially launched new restaurant) rated so highly! Rest assured that we look forward to welcoming you back for our famous pork chaps soon.
Until then, warm wishes from The Siam family,

Reviewed 4 April 2021

We stayed at the Siam to celebrate my husband’s birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary in late Feb. It was an amazing 3 days spent at the hotel. Apart from the beautiful decor and peaceful ambience, the service was exceptional. There was a high level of personalized attention given to us, especially during mealtimes. My husband was delighted with the complimentary cake on his birthday! Our room was upgraded to the Mae Nam suite which was extremely spacious and comfortable. We got a complimentary boat ride to Icon Siam one afternoon but we quickly hurried back from the hustle and bustle of the mall to enjoy this oasis of calm! We even used the screening room to watch a late night movie. Three days and two nights was the right amount of time to relax and enjoy the different nooks and crannies in this boutique hotel! would like to make a special mention of Khun Gub who looked after our every need during the stay.

Will definitely visit again!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aktitus
Nick Downing, General Manager at The Siam, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2021

Dear aktitus
Thank you for taking time to share you comments and thoughts following you experience with us earlier in the year. I am delighted to hear that you left with such memories. AS you mention, there are so many areas of the hotel to explore and experience so one night is never truly enough.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again. Let's hope restrictions lift soon.
Until then, we hope you are both safe and well.
Warmest wishes from Khun Gub, myself and the whole Siam family.

Reviewed 28 March 2021

Thank you for your excellent service. We enjoyed that a lot. All was running really well. I loved your breakfast with a hot chocolate. The room was perfectly cleaned every day. Highly recommended. Must-seen!

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank GreatCarl

Dear GreatCarl
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and to rate us so highly after your recent experience at The Siam.
We hope to welcome you back again soon...we will have the hot chocolate ready and waiting!
Warm wishes from The Siam family,