3,124 results
All reviewscafe clairewireless roadamerican embassyone bedroom suitepark viewpillow menuembassy areamacaroonscentral embassybeautiful hoteldining tablewasher dryerlumpini parkour honeymoonhuge bathroomhome away from homeserviced apartment
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I’m typing this as I can hear general traffic and loud motorcycles whizzing by... seriously, I’m on the 10Th floor, facing 1/2 garden (embassy, perhaps?) and 1/2 street and its passed 10pm...I’m dreading when rush hour rolls in. I have never been in a hotel of this class level where noise is so, so evident. It’s as if the windows aren’t blocked for sound which is so surprising since this is a pretty upscale facility.

Secondly, we requested a baby crib only to see a very small mini-sized “pack and play” provided. I’m not dissing the pack and play- but come on, this is the mini sized....full sized ones do exist. Now, again, a hotel of this level should be providing proper/full sized cribs and not cheap pack and play to begin with. One would hope that this place would be more child friendly since traditional cribs (with over 120cm mattress lengths) cater up to 3 year olds. Improvement needed here.

Hmmmm there’s a loud beeping sound coming from the street. It’s going to be an interesting night.

I recommend staying at the Grande Centerpoint Ploenchit just up the road. I’ve stayed at GC chains before and they’ve always had silent rooms, standard cribs, and this particular one on Ploenchit is closer to the sky train and Central Embassy. Kicking myself for not booking there on this trip. Live and learn....

Room Tip: Mention that you are looking for a quiet room and see where that takes you.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Aack P
AnnaRohm, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Aack P,

It saddens me to learn of your experience. I can understand that traveling with a small family tranquility is essential for a good rest. Whilst the roads remain clear for most of the day I understand the frustration if trying to rest and having the noise pollution from the outside. We do have rooms also facing away from the wireless road and am sorry that we were not aware to be able to change rooms for you. Will look into the cribs as we have different models in the hotel all compliant with Health and Safety standards. I am sorry that no alternatives were offered during your stay and sincerely apologize that no one reached out to make your stay more comfortable. Seeing your experience am sure that this marred your impression of the hotel. I do hope that in time you will change your mind and choose to return. Please do contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to ensure a restful night and take care of you personally.

General manager

Reviewed 5 April 2018

well the first day we were warmly welcomed and staff were amazing. had no complaints ! problem started at 6ish in the morning. The loud exhaust sounds from motobikes going by woke me up... and i was pissed.... u put a 5star property by the road side without good sound proofing windows....?! sooo i went to the reception in my pj's who told me not to worry the cos the bikes probably wont go by and wake me up anymore..... i was taken back by the wierd answer. the other receptionist said we will change yr room in the noon to the ones facing the gardens. I said thats fine and i apprecite it. but i did want a good night's sleep... i got to bed at 2 am and i just dont understand why u'd build a place and charge the prices u do and get goos windows..... theres a kid in my room and thank god she didnt wake up... in the end they offered breakfast to make up for this rather reluctantly. They didnt understand english too well unless you put things bluntly or how to make it up to customers. buuttttt they did bring 3 macroons the next day to say sorry. which was soooo sweet of them! :) was a nice touch.

after having moved rooms. life was much better! the conceirege was super helpful. staff are generally very kind and are always willing to help you out.

room is nice and big and clean and new looking. Breakfast was good. They have adequate numbers of people at reception to help when people check in.

breakfast was nice and clean and had a good variety.

Room Tip: make sure u get a rm facing gdn or u r screwed. wake up to the sound of traffic in the mrng. u'll literally hear build up as it gets busier
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank shalynn_12
AnnaRohm, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Shalynn_12,

I am very sorry about the inconvenience of having to change rooms due to the noise. Will definitely ensure that upon next visit we allocate a room on the other side of the building. Am pleased to read that the team did follow up and try to make up for the unpleasant start. However, am sure you would have preferred to have a good rest from the beginning.

Was glad to read that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that the team was attentive. Please do feel free to contact me directly whenever you plan a return visit to Bangkok. It would be my pleasure to take care of your reservations and ensure it is seamless.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice hotel smells good
In the looby rooms are more than excellent but the WiFi is very poor
The area where the hotel is
Its very high vip area
And there is a small super market just front of the hotel

Good day.........

Stayed: April 2018

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We followed up on the WiFi and noted that our provider faced some technical difficulties during your visit. We were able to resolve this issue. I am sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. Was glad to read that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Located at the upmarket wireless road just beside the embassy the suites provide good residence with average hospitality! We checked in today in our 3 bedroom apartment! On a fully paid booking the lady at the reception blocked two nights tariff on my card saying she didnt realise it was a paid booking! In the apartment we found one tv not working! Three toilets have only one hair dryer and which didnt work too! Housekeeping takes a long while to find a replacement! Buck up guys! This is my second stay here! We love the location and the views dont let it down with sloppy service!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear pulkitbabu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am truly sorry to read about the incidents that happened during your stay. With a little attention to detail and some communication we could have avoided the hassle of having the credit card reversed. Once again we should have paid some attention to the hair dryer functioning and being in every bathroom prior to releasing the room. I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper who will ensure that we remind our team to check every hairdryer daily. I am sorry that we let you down on your last visit. I do hope that you will give us another chance and we can show you that we can get it right. Please do contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to assist with the arrangements.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the 3 bedroom suite with 4 of my friends; I shared the master bedroom with one of my friends. Another 2 shared the medium sized room while one had her own. The space was lovely with an open concept kitchen fully furnished with a full sized fridge, cutlery, utensils and some pots/pans. Each room has its own toilet and there was a washing machine and dryer. Overall lovely stay. Clean, nice view.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends