“One of the best in Bangkok”

Seven Spoons Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 11,473 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Seven Spoons destination restaurant promises to tickle your senses in a warm, minimalist gastrobar on the edge of Chinatown. We offer a modern cuisine menu, including Mediterranean influenced dishes and pasta, lovingly made from locally produced and organic ingredients wherever possible. We're at the corner of Jor Por Ror (JPR) and Chakkrapatipong (22-24 Chakkrapatipong Road), in a restored Chinese shophouse. We are open daily, for dinner from 6pm to 12am, and our kitchen closes at 11pm. We are open for lunch, Monday to Saturday, from 11am to 2pm.
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I can't say enough good things about the food in this place. The restaurant is small so book ahead. I don't think that I've had better Mediterranean food anywhere else including Greece and Spain. Great variety of flavors, wonderful service and exquisite cocktails. I would highly recommend this place and it won't be an exaggeration to say that they serve some of the most delicious food in Bangkok. Everyone I know who has tried the food there can't stop talking about it. Go and check it out, it will change the way you think about food in Bangkok.

1  Thank KarinaThailand
regsuzuki, Owner at Seven Spoons Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thanks very much for the glowing review! Much appreciated and would love to know your thoughts on our next seasonal menu (next week).

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Lovely small restaurant with several vegetarian items and well balanced cocktails. Highly recommended. Make sure you book as space is limited. They are also open quite late so possible to head there after the shops close.

Thanks Bali_turis! We hope to see you back soon - our new seasonal menu will be out next week.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

The flavors are fantastic and the cocktails wickedly inventive. Small and cozy with a homey feel, Seven Spoons offers a surprising array of dishes with a very welcome selection of vegetarian options. The haloumi cheese? I'm still dreaming of it. I haven't been able to find a restaurant like this in Vancouver yet and it will be my first stop on my next trip back to Bangkok.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is a great restaurant and a welcome change to the regular places we normally eat at on Sukhumvit. The menu was splendid, varied and excellent value for money. I would have been happy to have eaten any item on the menu. We shared the haloumi and salmon starters and they were delicious. I look forward to trying more of the vegetarian main options on my next visit.

The restaurant is in a converted Chinese shop front and although small and cosy, it has a good ambience. Given that Seven Spoons has limited capacity and is not in an obvious location it is definitely worth making a reservation and taking the telephone number for directions en route.

The only one small point that we would add is that due to Seven Spoons popularity (on a Friday night), we felt a little rushed to start and finish our meal since people where waiting outside on the street to be seated.

regsuzuki, Owner at Seven Spoons Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Nopagaofan - you're very kind (and hopefully people aren't suspecting you're family;)! Love the detailed review and really hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

I have been here half a dozen times now. I really haven't found anywhere else like it in Bangkok. I am a devout meat-eater and my wife always goes for the veggie options. This is one of very few places we can go together and everyone is happy. The filet steak melts in the mouth and is as good as you'll find in any French restaurant. And at the same time, there is a long and varied menu for vegetarians - and I'm not talking dull health food but really innovative salads and pastas. I love the wine list, but probably my favourite thing about coming to Seven Spoons is the cocktails. They make a cracking mojito and if you're lucky you'll be there while the mixologist is experimenting behind the bar. The place is tiny so book ahead. This is definitely a place where small is beautiful. The service is very personal and you are made to feel very welcome and never rushed off your table. In short, definitely worth stepping off the beaten track for.

1  Thank Ross S