Stayed for 3 nights at the hotel recently. Way too over rated. Here's why:
1. The buffet breakfast spread is embarrassing for the price they charge. Other cheaper hotels offer way better breakfast.
2. The design of the room, especially the toilet, is rather odd. There is no way of using the basin without getting yourself splashed with water.
3. The number of tv channels they have is too little. Should have subscribed to more channels.
4. The hotel lobby is also poorly designed. There are no proper sofas for you to sit while waiting for the taxi. You only get stools, which are really uncomfortable because there is no back support.
5. They wanted to charge me 200baht for the laundry bag - nothing fancy, just a normal laundry bag which you can find in many hotels. Now this is a first for me in all my years of travel. I don't expect to be charged for the laundry bag in a hotel with so much hype.
I can probably think of more. But I think the above points are sufficient to show why I think the hotel is way over rated. There are better hotels nearby which offers more value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LiT BANGKOK Hotel offers an enviable location that combines authentic Thai charm, premium service and the convenience of central city living. It's a mere five minutes walk to Bangkok's major malls such as MBK, Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery, for shopping, dining, and entertainment - as well as outstanding city attractions and landmarks including Bangkok Art and Cultural Centre, Jim Thompson's House and The National Stadium skytrain station.All 79 rooms are designed to furnish guests with a superior stay via surprising architectural features and a plethora of thoughtful design details. All rooms feature flat screen TVs, DVD player, mini-bar, and ambiance lighting.The hotel also offers guests a superb spa, fitness-centre, pool, restaurant, room service and the hotel's unique 'Fiesta Steppe' chill-out zone, a great space to drink in the local atmosphere with a glass of your favorite tipple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Ctrip TA and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your LiT BANGKOK Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lit Bangkok Hotel Bangkok