“"Home" away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #76 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Sacramento, California, United States
“"Home" away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Located in the center of all activities in Bangkok, with easy access to Skytrain, Metro, and all other forms of transportation. The rooms are clean, the food is great, the staff is terrific and friendly, and the pool is a cool place to hang out after a busy day. The free computers in the lobby helped me stay in touch with folks back in the states. If you want more variety in foods, there is a terrific restaurant directly across the street at the Metro, for inexpensive but great food choices. I will definitely book again when I return to Bangkok!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank David O
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear David,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us a great feedback response on TripAdvisor! Especially the positive comments in relation to our team and clean rooms and food.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18!.

plucas@parkplaza.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at Park Plaza with a friend and we both loved it here. It is incredibly clean, modern and futuristic looking. The hotel offered fast, and free WIFI as well as computers in the lobby which was great.

The pool was much better than expected, better than the photos. Its long enough to do laps and is perfect for a swim in the morning.

The rooms were beautiful. Really nicely decorated, the best bed I have ever slept in! I looked forward to coming home at the end of the day to that bed!!!

The gym had excellent equipment, the same I use back home at my normal gym! Fantastic.

However, despite this the hotel was not perfect! Only small problems though:

There was a bar with the rooftop pool. I asked a staff member to see if I could order a drink or something for breakfast. However I was informed that the only breakfast is downstairs and a buffet, which is.. 300-400Baht? I forget exactly. I am unsure why there is a bar with the rooftop pool because I never saw any staff serving at it, and no one ordering food or drinks? Weird.

Mini bar- Be careful with the minibar, upon check out I was incorrectly told I had taken an Evian Water. I hadn't, and they subsequently took the charge away.

All up: The hotel is fantastic: Good staff, clean, GREAT LOCATION, good pool, AMAZING BEDS! I will definately be back and I recommend to others to go!

TIP: Go to the restaurant next door its amazing!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear Alison,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor, I have shared your comments with our management team this morning and thanks for the great feedback!

Thank you also for the positive notes in relation to our Bed comfort as well as our pool and team and location. We are doing some arrangements for our pool bar and our manning now is assigned there from 11am - 9pm as we aim to servce lunch and dinner as well as our happy hour from 5pm - 9pm up on the pool bar. It is our main intention to strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We have as of 1st March increased the spread of our buffet breakfast immensely and reduced the rate to THB 350.00. This is proving already in the first few days of March to be very well received.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Try to check in early at 10 am no room so i had to comeback at 1pm. Well i can't really complain with the price i paid around$45 a night without breakfast. It's a little walk to the main street and skytrain but the street it's located is quite so it's not that bad. There's thai restaurant next to the hotel so you have good option to try local food too. Room it self it's not large but it's clean and new with free wifi. If you can get a good deal then go for it, but if i have to pay more than $50 for a standard room, i am not sure i will go for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Thailove,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 and have shared these with my team, we also noted the early check in and thank you for your comments on our cleanliness and free wifi service.

Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed for two days in february. Brilliant location very close to the Asoke station.Rooms: clean,spacious, VERY nice bathrom with a huge shower. Nice stuff in the bathroom,soaps,shampoo and conditioner. Only drawback in room is that you cannot regulate the airconditioner yourself so the room is a tad cold at times.The street is incredibly enough very quiet so I slept like a baby. Had a nice breakfast with several choices, also ordered in-room dining which was satisfactory. But would recommend to have meals at the family run shack at the right hand side of the hotel which serves genuine and brilliant thai-food(not to be mixed up with the bar next to it)Staff was very sweet and helpful and got me ticket for a nice tour in Bangkok and also for a cabaret in the evening. Will come back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank moccamocca
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Mocca,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor!

I read out your response to my head of department team this morning and they were delighted by your feedback.

Thank you for the nice feedback on our location (only 5 mins walk to Asoke BTS station) and bathroom.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is my first time writing a review in trip advisor and I would like to share my 2cents worth on this very affordable hotel
The hotel deco is new and modern, consistent with the Park Plaza deco in Singapore.
Soi 18 is easy to recognise with the Lexus showroom right at the entrance.
Even though the hotel is rather small, it has 3 spacious lifts which is a definite plus for shopaholics with monstrous luggage.
It also have a modestly-sized lap pool with a well equipped gym.
As the hotel is realtively new, the online reservation team was very thoughtful to provide an enlarged map of the hotel location which definitely helped the taxi driver in finding this lil gem in soi 18
The day reception staff are a little stiff in their service attitude (probably due to change of staff: night staff are a lot better) but their bell boys are extremely friendly and helpful!
So pls do approach them if you have any queries!
Though the hotel promotes eco friendly terms eg for hotel towels, was a lil disappointed when the over zealous chambermaids continue to change our towels daily despite our efforts to hang the towels in the cupboard
In fact, even thougn we have put up the "do not disturb" sign, they still made up our room.
There is a small thai restarant right beside the hotel and a massage parlour right beside that.
Asoke MRT is bout 15-20 min walk away (right beside the new Terminal 21 shopping mall)-4 stops away from main shopping district (siam sq)
RCA plaza is very nearby so I suggest that one may take a short cab ride to try the go kart there (550baht for 8min go kart).
There is also a night market at soi 38 (thong lo stn) where the locals goes to which serves cheap and delicious hawker food.
Do note that as traffic in sukhumvit during peak hours on weekdays is horrible so taking a train would be the best bet.

Overall I am very pleased with the hotel and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank fionalinlijia
Peter L, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Fiona,

Thank you very much for your response and positive feedback in relation to our location, fitout and services :)

I have shared your response with our team this morning in our morning Head of Department briefing!

Your feedback will certainly serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.