“Tiny place and Yummy Food”
Review of La Tana

La Tana
Ranked #732 of 12,191 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Description: I am an executive Italian Chef with 30 years experience. I serve original Italian dishes with a touch of my personality, but also my own recipes issued after years of research. Because of the limited number of seats, in my restaurant you will find a intimate and friendly atmosphere, ideal for laid back evenings and romantic dinners.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Max occupany is only 8 inside the restaurant and 8 outdoor seats. Well known chef running the place with his wife. Everything is fresh and made after you order. We were 6 adults and 3 kids. Everyone loved the food. Nice collection of wine. Very reasonable price. Burrata melted in ur mouth. Must try place. Please dont miss it. Need to make a booking in advance

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My Italian friend took me here, saying it's her favourite place to remind her of home.
When I arrived I was surprised how small the place is, 2 tables inside, 2 outside.
The owner/chef, Carlo, came and greeted us and made recommendations. We ordered quite a bit of food to try it all, and they were all amazing.
The BEST pasta I've ever had (sorry haven't been to Italy, but frequent places such as Babbo and Carbone in NYC), was here. It was the porchini and truffle tagliatelle. Wow I can't believe how wonderful this dish was. I could go back and eat this every single night!
Well done to Carlos, he is a wonderful chef and an even greater man.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

This is one of the best places in Bangkok where you can eat the real italian food with taste and balance between the ingredients.
Chef Carlo knows very well what he is doing.
This is a small restaurant and customers feels at home.
All the dishes are made in real time, that's why the taste is perfect.
Try it and fall in love with this place.
Gnocchi alla vodka....My favorite dish!!

1  Thank Stefano-wmp
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Found this place by chance on Google maps and turned out to be quite a gem! Carlos has done a perfect job on keeping food fresh and simple - almost everything tasted handmade which is a huge plus in my book. Small, homely, warm, no frills. Just the way it should be.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

This is such a cute little charming and authentic Italian restaurant! Only four tables (two inside and two outside) so make sure to call in advance to book. We went for dinner and had the most delicious Italian food! We had the margarita pizza and caprese salad (which comes with burrata) to start- both were amazing! The pizza crust was crispy with just the right amount of cheese and tomato sauce. The burrata was creamy and had the perfect accompaniment of homemade pesto. For the main course I had the tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms and truffle- WOW! Really good homemade pasta cooked al dente with a light creamy truffle sauce and tasty porcini mushrooms. For dessert we had the tiramisu and it is one of the best I've ever had (and I've been to Italy to compare)- so rich and creamy with the perfect amount of coffee flavor.
The owner (and Chef), Carlos, is so lovely and friendly which added to the wonderful dining experience. Thank you Carlos! We will definitely be back the next time in Bangkok!