1,125 results
All reviews ratchathewi bts station platinum mall fried rice tuk tuk indoor pool walking distance street food siam paragon buffet breakfast airport rail link clean hotel high floor main shopping big room shopping area central world bathtub
Reviewed 17 January 2013

3 star hotel, great to stay there, price ok breakfast ok 7-10 am don't come on 9.00 will be no food.
nice swimming pool not big but enough. Wifi conection is great. Nice, clean hotel. restaurant serve good food with good price.

Easy to find taxi meter in front of hotel and go to siam square by tuk tuk THB 100

Room Tip: Do choose higher floor, noise from street can hear from your room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrey S
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Bangkok City Hotel for two nights in January 2013. We chose the hotel because we wanted something reasonably priced and not too far from the centre of Bangkok. BCH seemed to fit the bill. The hotel is situated close to the BTS (5 minute walk), excellent value for money, clean and staff friendly. Breakfast is included (and is substantial - enough for both European and Asian guests) but be warned, as with many budget priced hotels, patrons outnumber tables and chairs, so either go early 0700 or later about 0900 if you want to find a table and chair. Otherwise, take the food back to your room. We stayed on the 12th floor, which with only 2 lifts for patrons (one for staff only - ignore this!) waiting for a lift was a pain. I would stay here again, now I know how to work the lifts (use the staff only lift) and when to go for breakfast. The hotel also allows you to buy (cheaper alcoholic) drinks from the adjacent 7-11 and drink at the table. When you add free WIFI this is a good VFM (value for money hotel). One concern. The bathroom we had whilst neat and clean had a bath/shower. This was approximately 25cm high, which if you had any type of muscular/leg/hip disability may be a nuisance - suggest you check before booking!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor, which provided good views of Bangkok, however lift use-age can be a pain.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allan J
Reviewed 6 January 2013

It's a nice place to stay. The room size was a modern standard and very comfortable. In fact I was staying at one the highest floor and I could see the pretty night view of the city. Too bad they got limited room for the restaurant, so it seemed a bit crowded when it's about the time for breakfast. The area is downtown Bangkok. You could just walk to the nearest BTS station. The 7-eleven is next door. Overall it's a nice, recommended and I would surely stay there again when I'm in Bangkok :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klipbintang
Reviewed 5 January 2013

This is my four time to visit Bangkok and bangkok city hotel will be my 1st choice to stay.The hotel staff is very friendly,helpful and man.Also cleanness is most importance .Just walk not mire then 10 min will have food stall and message center they open very lately.Bangkok City Hotel a excelllent and budget hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This was my 1st trip to Thailand and didn't know what to expect but this hotel was very contemporary. Our room didn't have a typical shower, it was a round tub that had a shower attachment so the floor was always wet. Staff was friendly and yes as mentioned in previous review the Internet does suck there. However I really liked the breakfast and they have a nice indoor pool along with 24 hr room service. The rooms were really clean each day and so was the rest of hotel. My favorite part about saying at this hotel is that it is walking distance from shopping particularly MBK mall. It was a nice hotel for families, singles, and couples. I also think the price was very reasonable for our week long stay. I will stay there again in the future. There was not a fitness room to my knowledge disregard fitness room review.

Room Tip: Book through a 3rd party site, you can grab a good deal for this hotel vs how much it is on the hotel's website.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple