“Great hotel great location”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #41 of 868 Hotels in Bangkok
Seattle, Wa
“Great hotel great location”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I had a 2 night stay at the Hansar and everything was great! The employees are top notch, providing information and help for getting around the city and seeing the sites as well as great service in the restaurant. The room I was given, had a view of the park, it was clean, comfortable, and spacious. The concierge guys were great too - Lucky and Knight (I'm sure not their Thai names) helped me out on where to go, what to see and the best way to do so. The hotel is right by the sky train, which I would recommend using. It is cheap and easy, but doesn't get you to most of the tourist activities. You'll have to take a taxi for that - and the usual advice applies - many of the taxis don't use the meter, so you may have to ask several taxis before you'll get a metered one. Especially the case near the tourist sites.

I'd highly recommend the Hansar for a stay in Bangkok!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Service is unparalleled! F&B manager Santi serving during our breakfast time is the most dedicated and guest oriented manager we have seen in recentl times. He made our breakfast experience most enjoyable as every of our needs were met with a smile. The hotel exceeded our expectations on every count!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank GOHTK777
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in August. I arrived quite early in the morning and as the Edge suite I had booked was not ready, I was upgraded to a Vertigo suite. The room was the best I had stayed in at a hotel, spacious, clean, modern and had everything I needed. I didn't really use many of the facilities at the hotel but certainly the pool was amazing. The staff were very friendly and helpful and had no complaints with the breakdfast/dinner as these had lots of choice to suit all tastes (though drinks are a little pricey).

The hotel is on a quiet street which is good but the skytrain is literally at the end of the road so getting to most places is really easy There is also a 7 Eleven across the street so that came in handy for basic provisions.

I would stay at this hotel again without hesitation and will most definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Bangkok. I can't wait to stay again when I return to Bangkok!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We have stayed at Hansar from the 21st to 27th of Aug. The hotel was in the top 25, which was the main reason for picking this hotel.

The staff are very friendly, and tentative. Room (studio) was spacious, had all the facilities required. The breakfast was good, although i didn't like the coffee. It has almost everything, so it was a good thing for a picky eater like me. It is in the perfect location walkable distance from the biggest malls (central and Siam), while very close to the BTS station (which we used extensively). The swimming pool was slightly colder than my comfort zone, but we still enjoyed it.
The room service was amazing. I started to think they keep track of when we leave the room, so they come in, clean it and make the beds and all. It is amazing. we mess the room, come back in 30 mins or our walk. and it is just clean and tidy.
My only complain is the Hot water, i couldn't figure out when it will come, and how i can maintain the temperature. Otherwise, it is top notch, and i would stay there if i every travel to bangkok.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Lounging by the pool on the 8th floor I felt compelled to write this review to ensure that as many people as possible can experience the perfect Hansar experience.

From the moment we arrived, after a long, tiring journey I knew we'd picked a good hotel. The concierge immediately came out to the road to assist us with our luggage greeting us in the traditional Thai way complete with warm and welcoming smile. Check in was easy and stress free, we were seated around a table with a cold drink whilst the paperwork was completed.

Our room was located on the 15th floor and was absolutely amazing. It had everything you can imagine or possibly require: washer/dryer complete with detergent and softener, fridge freezer with complimentary ice, soft drinks, water and beer, tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary snacks and even a hob complete with pots, pans and crockery! We had a roomy lounge with a huge tv and a new bowl of fresh exotic fruit to try everyday. The balcony and huge window gave a lovely glimpse of the Bangkok hugh rises. The bed was enormous and very comfortable. The bathroom was also enormous, gorgeous bath, rainfall shower, twin sinks and more complimentary toiletries than I'd ever imagined. Dressing gowns are provided along with slippers, an ironing board, iron, hair dryer and an umbrella for those seasonal down pours. The room was so big it had two integrated air conditioning units with separate controls.

Breakfast was delicious and offered a good selection including cakes, waffles, pancakes, preserves, freshly prepared fruit, breads, smoked salmon, fruit juices, coffees, teas and an a la carte menu including omelettes, eggs benedict, sausages, bacon etc. We never needed to eat again until the evening!

The hotel itself is very modern and is very well kept. It includes a restaurant, a bar and a Thai Cafe. We ate one night in the Thai Cafe, it is more expensive than other places we have eaten since our arrival but thats to be expected for a hotel and is still no more than we would pay in the UK. I can highly recommend the chicken with cashew nuts and mango sticky rice for dessert! The hotel had an infinity pool and fitness suite on the 8th floor. The attentiveness of the staff by the pool mirrors that of the concierge and check in desk-towels laid out on the sun lounger for you and complimentary bottled water and prepared fruit brought to you.

The hotel is located down a quiet street in a fairly quiet area. There doesn't seem to be much around the area but it is only a stones throw from a BTS stop (sky train) which is ridiculously cheap and easy to use. We used it everyday and visited the shops of Siam as well as the hustle and bustle of Koh San Road and the Palace (though we also used a boat to visit the latter two-again very cheap and frequent.)

The concierge desk is manned by the smiliest staff. They are always so helpful and organised a train ticket for us, a taxi whenever we needed one and a restaurant recommendation.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough! Perfect for a luxury stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed September 2012