“Superb hotel”

Ranked #41 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Superb hotel”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

A few weeks back, my family and I stayed in the Hansar in Bangkok. It was a brilliant hotel. The room (urban suite) was spacious and extremely comfortable. The staff were exceptional: helpful and quite knowledgeable. The breakfast buffet was small but well chosen.
The small size of the hotel gave it an intimacy which was refreshing. Even more so when we walked into the cavernous lobby of the Four Seasons next to it. We also very much appreciated the modern thai decor which again was in stark contrast to something like the bigger hotels.
The sky train station almost next to it was a boon in a traffic grid locked city.
It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Very impressive rooms, fantastic breakfast & evening meal. Lovely pool where you can lounge by surfing the net on the free wifi and around 5pm jump onto the great happy hour. Service was great too - I cannot recommend this hotel enough, if i ever return to Bkk his is where ill be staying.

Its also in a great central location only around 100m from the BTS train.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robcuk
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here for two nights while sight seeing/shopping in Bangkok. The Hansar has a lovely appeal and a great location close to the BTS Sky Train (station: Ratchadamri). The BST is SO easy to use and to get around on, I wouldn't bother going through the hassle of bartering for tuk tusk/taxis if you want to go in the local area (e.g. MBK, Terminal 21). You can walk to Siam Paragon from the hotel. The biggest highlight was the rooms - they are so spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was good and what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. I also had a massage at the spa and it was amazing - very professional and relaxing. After check out when I was at the airport I realised I had left my mobile phone in my hotel room. I immediately rang the hotel and they had it at the front desk for me, which I was very grateful for. However, the process of trying to retrieve my phone became very complicated with emails and phone calls not being returned. I accept 100% responsibility for leaving my phone behind but I believe what separates a hotel from the rest is the service they provide after check out and when situations like this arise. I was certainly disappointed with the way they responded and I excepted better of a 5 Star hotel. This is one of the reasons I have rated this hotel low but I know this is just my experience and if you don't leave your phone behind, it won't be yours!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank AussieMegg
Hobart
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed in an Urban Room, which had a garden in it. The link to the green was very relaxing indeed. The food and drinks in the mini bar were complimentary. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the TV in the bedroom and living room, made leaving the room hard.
Their green policy about having ventilated hallways is fantastic, and it is lovely have a breeze on the higher floors when you step our of your room. We checked out at 2pm, and were invited to come back and shower before our 10pm flight.
All up lovely. Thank you. Highly recommend. The staff are wonderful. Free Wifi throughout the whole hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to have a shower there if your flight is past checkout time. Use the 8th Floor pool area.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pinchy2000
Roma
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We spent only one night at the Hansar but for what I've seen it is perfect.
Great location near Siam Paragon. The sky train stops just around the corner but the hotel is in a quiet street.
As we arrived we had a wonderful welcome with a room upgrade.
The Vertigo suite is huge and very comfortable. The decor is modern stylish but still warm. Staff is kind and efficient.
The breakfast buffet is good even if not too various and the pool at the 8th floor is a nice place where to relax.
As i said before we spent only one night here and hadn't the time to try the restaurant. For sure next time here we will.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple